Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kim & Co. Utter hatred for Peterson

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

@Mosster47 and @beelzebub after burning everyone on the bored.

right click, save as
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2015

@Mosster47 and @beelzebub after burning everyone on the bored.

So they never drink their own urine? At least I don't have to ask which one is beelzacunt.

• Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2015
    Something else to consider---

About ten years ago I belonged to a huge recreation vehicle-camping board. They had numerous sub boards and were/are the top internet information site for that industry. Then along came Camping World, a large corporation with RV related stores and dealerships nationwide.

RVNET as the site is now known had a board that was devoted to chatting about anything and everything. Politics, sports, you name it. And it would get extremely rowdy, even with moderators trying to keep things from going nuclear war between members. Once Camping World took over, the free style board took a turn towards heavy censorship and the banning of members. As a result a string of boards sprang up, started by and populated by orphaned former members of RVNET. RVNET still thrives becasue the bottom line is people go their for information.

I have often wondered whether this same situation has existed since Dawgman was gobbled up by FOX and now the new owners. Could it be that Dawgman has had to conform to corporate policies, policies that restrict/censor in order to meet the business model of the parent corporation? I'm simply throwing this out there as a possibility.

When members here trash Dawgman's moderators and Kim and crew, I think they ignore the fact that there is a lot of content found on that site that Scout provides, along with the various Scout regional staff. I like this board but it doesn't offer all that Scout has to offer.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So you are saying that FOX is the reason that the LPT continue to gargle Sark's balls? That they are butthurt that he left UW? That they despise CP because he refuses to provide what they deem as their entitled access? That they have zero tolerance for anyone who disagrees with them on a bored?

Apples and oranges, @Vegasdawg
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Vegasdawg said:

About ten years ago I belonged to a huge recreation vehicle-camping board. They had numerous sub boards and were/are the top internet information site for that industry. Then along came Camping World, a large corporation with RV related stores and dealerships nationwide.

RVNET as the site is now known had a board that was devoted to chatting about anything and everything. Politics, sports, you name it. And it would get extremely rowdy, even with moderators trying to keep things from going nuclear war between members. Once Camping World took over, the free style board took a turn towards heavy censorship and the banning of members. As a result a string of boards sprang up, started by and populated by orphaned former members of RVNET. RVNET still thrives becasue the bottom line is people go their for information.

I have often wondered whether this same situation has existed since Dawgman was gobbled up by FOX and now the new owners. Could it be that Dawgman has had to conform to corporate policies, policies that restrict/censor in order to meet the business model of the parent corporation? I'm simply throwing this out there as a possibility.

When members here trash Dawgman's moderators and Kim and crew, I think they ignore the fact that there is a lot of content found on that site that Scout provides, along with the various Scout regional staff. I like this board but it doesn't offer all that Scout has to offer.

Could not disagree more. Scout is terrible.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Vegasdawg said:

disagree
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Vegasdawg said:

This board isn't supposed to be dm.c. Recruiting rankings are Bullshit. They do nothing for the longterm viability of the program. They are just charging you $10.95 to get information which is free on the internet.

It's all fine and good to talk about recruiting now and again, but people here aren't trying live off of it. DM.c was always about the message boards, not the horribly written articles from the LPT and friends. Nor about the "inside" info, which wasn't all that insider anyhow. Kem was always a douche, but let people pretty much handle things on their own. Then, one day, he decided to start listening to his 60 year old base of posters who were offended at the slightest jab. It wasn't scout or fox. He continues to be a petulant child whenever people don't agree with him. This is happening more and more because the normal fan likes CP and is giving him a chance. Unlike his crusade to get everyone to hate him.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,112
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Vegasdawg said:

This board isn't supposed to be dm.c. Recruiting rankings are Bullshit. They do nothing for the longterm viability of the program. They are just charging you $10.95 to get information which is free on the internet.

It's all fine and good to talk about recruiting now and again, but people here aren't trying live off of it. DM.c was always about the message boards, not the horribly written articles from the LPT and friends. Nor about the "inside" info, which wasn't all that insider anyhow. Kem was always a douche, but let people pretty much handle things on their own. Then, one day, he decided to start listening to his 60 year old base of posters who were offended at the slightest jab. It wasn't scout or fox. He continues to be a petulant child whenever people don't agree with him. This is happening more and more because the normal fan likes CP and is giving him a chance. Unlike his crusade to get everyone to hate him.
    To a logical person, it was about the message board, the interactions, etc. The CEO of said site didn't believe as much ... even when I tried to give him a little TCU MBA knowledge.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

I remember in the late 90's Samek was a god in the eyes of the posters. I remember calling him out on a post and it was hell fire missiles for a week. How dare you talk to David that way we are just lucky he provides this board for us.

I couldn't believe all these people having such a freak out over some guy. It was frankly epic.

Now he is the guy who let his board go to shit, predicted 12-0 and that is how dmc will be forever remembered.

This was more about the novelty of the internet. back then, people thought whatever was said on the net was true because of the technology. Well...fast forward 20 years and it's easy to see why we shouldn't let random Dickwads like Samek and Kim run around cyberspace and claim Football Superiority Guy status. If anything, they can claim Faggot Teen Boy Stalking Status.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Vegasdawg said:

To a logical person, it was about the message board, the interactions, etc. The CEO of said site didn't believe as much ... even when I tried to give him a little TCU MBA knowledge.
    I'm guessing it was TL, and he didn't read.
    I'm siding more with the fact that he lacks intellectual depth and capacity to read anything more than 5 seconds worth
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

I remember in the late 90's Samek was a god in the eyes of the posters. I remember calling him out on a post and it was hell fire missiles for a week. How dare you talk to David that way we are just lucky he provides this board for us.

I couldn't believe all these people having such a freak out over some guy. It was frankly epic.

Now he is the guy who let his board go to shit, predicted 12-0 and that is how dmc will be forever remembered.

The irony is that Samek has publicly accused ME of having a God complex with this board, and the minions boost my ego, etc.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Obviously, many have a different opinion about Scout than I. As far as the eleven bucks a month, I have to laugh every time I read that.