Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kent Griswold locks Fink Vs. Eason thread

Kent Griswold has made it a point to defend Eason no matter what. His crush on Eason is almost getting to the same level as his crush for Johnny Durocher and Will Conroy.

Here's Kent's quote defending Eason:

"Like I said, the staff has a responsibility to correct things that are being said that aren't true, especially about recruits.
Consider yourself corrected
."

Kent then promptly locks the thread so no one can respond.

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    sounds like it's getting crazy over there
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    If I wasn't banned for life, and I was inclined to post "if you do this for a living why are you so bad at it", would Kim delete that post? I assume yes...
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Doogles said:

I don't understand why the Fink vs. Eason thing is getting so heated. You never want to lose a big in state recruit, but as prospects go, UW will get good PROSPECTS at the QB position just as we always have. It's up to Petersen to make them work, or he's fired.

Also, It only really hurts hurts when you lose a recruit to a school in the Pac (think Miles Jack licking his fingers while staring down Sark after going in dry repeatedly on national television). And you know who was a can't miss QB? Mariota. And we missed him, but it was cool because Derrick Brown took his spot.

It's not that difficult. Recruits all suck until the coaches make them not suck.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Jake Locker was Drafted for Quarterback when everyone knows he's an outfielder.

Someone last week, I want to say Mel Kuyper, mentioned how he would've been better safety.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Doogles said:

Someone last week, I want to say Mel Kuyper, mentioned how he would've been better safety.
    That's why he had Locker #1 overall on his big board for a long time.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I hope I'm remembering that right; it's possible it was another analyst.

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I hope I'm remembering that right; it's possible it was another analyst.
    Kiper had Locker #1 and Mcshay had him #2. The guy they flip flopped him for was this dude named Andrew Luck.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?id=5495837
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    MelloDawg said:

Did anyone bring up JR Sweezy as an example of someone who was drafted for a different position?

Or were they good and not want to keep going?

Sweezy was the first name brought up. Kim's response:

"So you're going to equate Shaq to the situation of a 7th round draft pick.......
    Do I really need to explain things or are we good?"

Then the poster gave another example. Kim's response:

"Do I need to explain the difference between a 4th round and first round pick?
    There's not a GM in the league who will draft Shaq to play RB. But if you'd like to make a wager, I'm in ;-)"

and finally:

"I do this for a living ;-)
    I'm still open to the wager "

At this point, someone else said something along the lines of Kim being able to text John Clayton to ask him.

Kim responded with
    "Or I got a call saying " who the hell is (original poster's name)?"
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Richardson was selected 45th with the intention of making him a kick returner. In college he had as many combined kickoff returns/punt returns as he did touchdown passes: 1.

The Seahawks also had that college bball player from Bradley about 10/15 years ago. And Antio Gates and Stephen Neal have had solid NFL careers despite not being drafted for their primary positions (power forward and wrestler).
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

If I wasn't banned for life, and I was inclined to post "if you do this for a living why are you so bad at it", would Kim delete that post? I assume yes...

If you want the full banhammer followed by the staff taking personal shots at you while you can't defend yourself, I would say go for it
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    And how about Richard Sherman from WR to CB?

Richardson was selected 45th with the intention of making him a kick returner. In college he had as many combined kickoff returns/punt returns as he did touchdown passes: 1.

The Seahawks also had that college bball player from Bradley about 10/15 years ago. And Antio Gates and Stephen Neal have had solid NFL careers despite not being drafted for their primary positions (power forward and wrestler).

HFNY said:

And how about Richard Sherman from WR to CB?

Do I need to explain the difference between a 5th round and 1st round pick?