Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kent Griswold locks Fink Vs. Eason thread

13»

Comments

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    I never thought I'd see the day when fucking Section14aFS is the voice of reason. Just pathetic.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Always possible that the reason there is so much activity here is because this bored is filled with a bunch of losers who live in their two dads basement (not that there is anything wrong with that) and are desperately in need of a long walk to gain perspective
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited March 2015
    Tequilla said:

Always possible that the reason there is so much activity here is because this bored is filled with a bunch of losers who live in their two dads basement (not that there is anything wrong with that) and are desperately in need of a long walk to gain perspective

Perhaps we need a "Gain some Perspective Board". Only people allowed to post in it have 1k+ posts.

Can you imagine the premium content?

"Today I researched our record on crisp fall saturdays vs. late night thursdays. By the numbers, it is imperative we get back to playing on crisp fall saturdays. Thoughts?"
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Poignant
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Tequilla said:

Joe Montana was 6'2" 205 and did not rely on a rocket arm ...

Tom Brady is 6'4" and 225 ... definitely wouldn't say he has a cannon either.

Browning is 6'1" ... so he's comparable to Montana ... maybe just slightly smaller than Brady. Not too worried about him size wise ... would only be concerned with him if he proves to have a noodle arm.

But how do Jakes stats compare to the greatness of westwood

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

HuskyInAZ said:

This concept of Eason starting from day 1.......

Georgia's past recruiting classes:
    2014 class - QB Jacob Park - 8th ranked QB
    2013 class - QB Brice Ramsey - 7th ranked QB

Those 2 may be stiffs, I have no idea. But they were certainly highly thought of out of HS. Looks like Skinny may have competition regardless of where he goes to school.

Everyone remember when max browne was going to be handed the reigns at USC from day 1?
    We've been over this before in a past thread. All these kids look good in high school. Just out of Washington the past 5 years you have 2 QBs ranked #1 in the COUNTRY in Jake Heaps and Max Browne. Neither went to UW and neither has done shit (admittedly Browne hasn't had his turn, but the clock is ticking and I bet he didn't expect Kessler returning).

Now we have Eason the #2 QB in the COUNTRY and there is some sense that the program will be lost without him and that he has been handed the Georgia job.

Every elite program is going to take an elite QB in every class. This is where the men separate from the boys. At some point these guys have to compete and prove their worth. The camp mentality and being told you are a 5 star by adults since you were 16 has softened todays recruits.
    Cyler Miles, Jeff Lindquist, and Troy Williams were considered elite QBs by some (with Miles and Williams being in the Top 100 overall of their respective classes by 247).
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

This whole argument by KJV is FS

Eason has basically been offered and handed the Georgia QB job - not a bad gig.

At the UW, the QB recruited in the class ahead of him broke every national QB record at the HS level that you could seemingly think of. He will most likely be a 3-4 year starter.

If you were Easin, would you rather run the risk of sitting on the bench for 4 years or go somewhere where you might be the Day 1 starter in the SEC for a top 10-15 team?

It's not really all that shocking.

This is especially true when you consider the only knock on Browning is his supposed lack of size, meaning he is more likely to stay until his senior campaign a la Kellen Moore.
    Browning is 6'2" ... which I wouldn't call small for the college level. Unless he plans on throwing from a low angle, he shouldn't have many problems at the college level. And even if he does leave early, it would be after his RS Jr year most likely - which at best leaves 2 years for Eason ... just not worth it from his perspective when he's got a place that is most likely going to hand him the job from the get go
    That probably equates to 5'11 7/8" at the NFL combine.
    I'm 6' and he was for sure taller than me when I saw him live.

Then again, Internet 6' probably equates to 5'3 1/4" in reality.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    All of the posts just reinforce the obvious. You need to get a good QB every year.

As good as I think Browning is, the percentages would likely favor him being a bust. If KJCS wins the job and plays well this year, Browning might never play until his senior year barring injuries and mop up time.

What if Fink or Eason come in the year after and are better QB's?

Eason will have to compete anywhere he goes. Georgia will have a couple QB's already there and they will surely bring in some good ones once Eason arrives. I'm not sure basin your decision on the easiest path to a starting job is necessarily a wise decision.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

All of the posts just reinforce the obvious. You need to get a good QB every year.

As good as I think Browning is, the percentages would likely favor him being a bust. If KJCS wins the job and plays well this year, Browning might never play until his senior year barring injuries and mop up time.

What if Fink or Eason come in the year after and are better QB's?

Eason will have to compete anywhere he goes. Georgia will have a couple QB's already there and they will surely bring in some good ones once Eason arrives. I'm not sure basin your decision on the easiest path to a starting job is necessarily a wise decision.

Schools like georgia are going to always recruiting on top of you. Year after year. No matter what your stars are in h/s, still gotta prove it. That's why the * rating system sucks for so many kids. Setting unrealistic expectations before they step on campus.

Nobody has a clue how these kids will develop when the game speeds up. UGA has to have a death wish to put a true frosh on the field in their conference. The only reason that I'm rooting for a frosh to play for UW is b/c the alternative is cyler miles. Otherwise, I would prefer to see a R/S Soph play. 2 years in the system and then play their third year.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,521 Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Those 2 may be stiffs, I have no idea. But they were certainly highly thought of out of HS. Looks like Skinny may have competition regardless of where he goes to school.

Everyone remember when max browne was going to be handed the reigns at USC from day 1?
    We've been over this before in a past thread. All these kids look good in high school. Just out of Washington the past 5 years you have 2 QBs ranked #1 in the COUNTRY in Jake Heaps and Max Browne. Neither went to UW and neither has done shit (admittedly Browne hasn't had his turn, but the clock is ticking and I bet he didn't expect Kessler returning).

Now we have Eason the #2 QB in the COUNTRY and there is some sense that the program will be lost without him and that he has been handed the Georgia job.

Every elite program is going to take an elite QB in every class. This is where the men separate from the boys. At some point these guys have to compete and prove their worth. The camp mentality and being told you are a 5 star by adults since you were 16 has softened todays recruits.
    Cyler Miles, Jeff Lindquist, and Troy Williams were considered elite QBs by some (with Miles and Williams being in the Top 100 overall of their respective classes by 247).
    Miles, Lindquist and Williams would be stars if Sark would have stayed. Kim says so.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Doogles said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Miles, Lindquist and Williams would be in the NFL already stars if Sark would have stayed. Kim says so.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

Browning is 6'1" ... so he's comparable to Montana ... maybe just slightly smaller than Brady. Not too worried about him size wise ... would only be concerned with him if he proves to have a noodle arm.

So now we're comparing Browning not only to Kellen Moore but to two of the top five greatest QBs of alltime?

What makes this reasoning hopelessly fucktarded is that Montana had going for him the fact that he was JOE FUCKING MONTANA. Brady same. Do we think it's no big deal to even be 6'0" anymore, just because Russell Wilson is 5'11"?

Browning is a teenager. He has neither plus height nor plus bulk nor plus armstrength nor plus footspeed. How 'bout we let him suit up a couple times before we start bronzing his bust for Canton?
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    edited March 2015
    The success of a QB at the college level, to some extent but even more so in the NFL, is what's between the ears. It's impossible to project that at the HS level. There may be indicators, as is true with Browning, but the size and speed of players at the next level, as well as the sophistication of defensive schemes, decrease the decision making window. HS superstars often become college backup because of this. Jake Heaps says hello. Height, bulk, arm strength and foot speed are nice to haves, but they not requirements for success in college or the NFL. If they were, Tim Tebow, who was a great college QB, would be All Pro instead of being up in the press box giving commentary.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

So now we're comparing Browning not only to Kellen Moore but to two of the top five greatest QBs of alltime?

What makes this reasoning hopelessly fucktarded is that Montana had going for him the fact that he was JOE FUCKING MONTANA. Brady same. Do we think it's no big deal to even be 6'0" anymore, just because Russell Wilson is 5'11"?

Browning is a teenager. He has neither plus height nor plus bulk nor plus armstrength nor plus footspeed. How 'bout we let him suit up a couple times before we start bronzing his bust for Canton?
    You probably should go take a walk and get some perspective.

Nobody is saying that Browning is Montana or Brady.

What I'm saying is that there are examples of guys that are either not the tallest or have the strongest arms that have been successful at the highest level. There's far more to being a high end QB than height and arm strength despite what some would lead you to believe.

I have no clue how good Browning will be ... but from everything that I'm seen/read/heard about him, I would be surprised if he wasn't a strong college QB or if his height or arm strength became significant issues.