Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kent Griswold locks Fink Vs. Eason thread

Comments

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732

Are we good now or do you want to keep going? is actually very Fettersesque.

i just learned that im banned from his twitter when ive never tweeted at him or even looked at his twitter that i can recall? the fuck
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

Doogles said:

I don't understand why the Fink vs. Eason thing is getting so heated. You never want to lose a big in state recruit, but as prospects go, UW will get good PROSPECTS at the QB position just as we always have. It's up to Petersen to make them work, or he's fired.

Also, It only really hurts hurts when you lose a recruit to a school in the Pac (think Miles Jack licking his fingers while staring down Sark after going in dry repeatedly on national television). And you know who was a can't miss QB? Mariota. And we missed him, but it was cool because Derrick Brown took his spot.

It's not that difficult. Recruits all suck until the coaches make them not suck.

Miles Jack was an idiot, you really don't understand this. Are we good now or do you want to keep going?
    this could easily catch on here
    You do this for a living so you know a little bit about it.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,380 Founders Club
    uw2010 said:

Doogles said:

I don't understand why the Fink vs. Eason thing is getting so heated. You never want to lose a big in state recruit, but as prospects go, UW will get good PROSPECTS at the QB position just as we always have. It's up to Petersen to make them work, or he's fired.

Also, It only really hurts hurts when you lose a recruit to a school in the Pac (think Miles Jack licking his fingers while staring down Sark after going in dry repeatedly on national television). And you know who was a can't miss QB? Mariota. And we missed him, but it was cool because Derrick Brown took his spot.

It's not that difficult. Recruits all suck until the coaches make them not suck.

Miles Jack was an idiot, you really don't understand this. Are we good now or do you want to keep going?
    this could easily catch on here
    You do this for a living so you know a little bit about it.
    Creating drippy catch phrases that get parroted by a bunch of sweatpants-wearing heathens living in their mothers' basements?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    HFNY said:

And how about Richard Sherman from WR to CB?

Richardson was selected 45th with the intention of making him a kick returner. In college he had as many combined kickoff returns/punt returns as he did touchdown passes: 1.

The Seahawks also had that college bball player from Bradley about 10/15 years ago. And Antio Gates and Stephen Neal have had solid NFL careers despite not being drafted for their primary positions (power forward and wrestler).

Sherman played CB his last two years at Stanford.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

This whole argument by KJV is FS

Eason has basically been offered and handed the Georgia QB job - not a bad gig.

At the UW, the QB recruited in the class ahead of him broke every national QB record at the HS level that you could seemingly think of. He will most likely be a 3-4 year starter.

If you were Easin, would you rather run the risk of sitting on the bench for 4 years or go somewhere where you might be the Day 1 starter in the SEC for a top 10-15 team?

It's not really all that shocking.

This is especially true when you consider the only knock on Browning is his supposed lack of size, meaning he is more likely to stay until his senior campaign a la Kellen Moore.
  • steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 368
    Well I just checked over on that post. I won the bet he responded with the "we do this for a living" I didn't know he was an NFL GM
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    Ah that's right, he switched with the coaching staff change.

HFNY said:

Richardson was selected 45th with the intention of making him a kick returner. In college he had as many combined kickoff returns/punt returns as he did touchdown passes: 1.

The Seahawks also had that college bball player from Bradley about 10/15 years ago. And Antio Gates and Stephen Neal have had solid NFL careers despite not being drafted for their primary positions (power forward and wrestler).

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

At the UW, the QB recruited in the class ahead of him broke every national QB record at the HS level that you could seemingly think of. He will most likely be a 3-4 year starter.

If you were Easin, would you rather run the risk of sitting on the bench for 4 years or go somewhere where you might be the Day 1 starter in the SEC for a top 10-15 team?

This is especially true when you consider the only knock on Browning is his supposed lack of size, meaning he is more likely to stay until his senior campaign a la Kellen Moore.
    Browning is 6'2" ... which I wouldn't call small for the college level. Unless he plans on throwing from a low angle, he shouldn't have many problems at the college level. And even if he does leave early, it would be after his RS Jr year most likely - which at best leaves 2 years for Eason ... just not worth it from his perspective when he's got a place that is most likely going to hand him the job from the get go
    Problem with parroting info from someone else is that when you have to answer something that isn't already pre-packaged for you, if you can't think about the information on your own you will end up looking like one of the biggest idiots out there as a result
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

Browning is 6'2" ... which I wouldn't call small for the college level. Unless he plans on throwing from a low angle, he shouldn't have many problems at the college level. And even if he does leave early, it would be after his RS Jr year most likely - which at best leaves 2 years for Eason ... just not worth it from his perspective when he's got a place that is most likely going to hand him the job from the get go
    The consensus is he is too slight. After I saw him live, I mentioned he had a bigger frame than I was led to believe. Still, not necessarily a giant hoss with the cannon the NFL requires to make the early jump.

Either way, we're fine if skinny chooses to play ball in the South with the crop we have. It's on Petersen to make it happen or DAO.
    Joe Montana was 6'2" 205 and did not rely on a rocket arm ...

Tom Brady is 6'4" and 225 ... definitely wouldn't say he has a cannon either.

Browning is 6'1" ... so he's comparable to Montana ... maybe just slightly smaller than Brady. Not too worried about him size wise ... would only be concerned with him if he proves to have a noodle arm.
  • fauxdawgmanfauxdawgman Member Posts: 218
    Thanks for reading. ;)

137 3,246 users online now!
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    This concept of Eason starting from day 1.......

Georgia's past recruiting classes:
    2014 class - QB Jacob Park - 8th ranked QB
    2013 class - QB Brice Ramsey - 7th ranked QB

Those 2 may be stiffs, I have no idea. But they were certainly highly thought of out of HS. Looks like Skinny may have competition regardless of where he goes to school.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    edited March 2015

Thanks for reading. ;)

DM's "users online", as we all know, is BS. The health of a message board, IMO, is posting quality and activity. I don't look at DM anymore, as I'm banned for life, but I occasionally look at Realdawg. That dumpster fire will go 2 days without a single new post. And the postings look eerily similar to the retards posting on the Times board.

Absent the global warming vs. obama can do no wrong shit on the Tug board, this place has it going on. Special shout out to @DHD on the BB board. When the team sucks, it's always a great fallback to post some seriously hot chicks, tats or not.
  • WDWHAWDWHA Member Posts: 100
    Isn't Tony Eason's college eligibility exhausted?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyInAZ said:

Thanks for reading. ;)

DM's "users online", as we all know, is BS. The health of a message board, IMO, is posting quality and activity. I don't look at DM anymore, as I'm banned for life, but I occasionally look at Realdawg. That dumpster fire will go 2 days without a single new post. And the postings look eerily similar to the retards posting on the Times board.

Absent the global warming vs. obama can do no wrong shit on the Tug board, this place has it going on. Special shout out to @DHD on the BB board. When the team sucks, it's always a great fallback to post some seriously hot chicks, tats or not.
    It's actually a measure of how many people have logged in for the past 7 days.

I tested it out a few years ago by checking to see if I wasn't logged in (wasn't), logging in (I appeared), logging out and then checking to see when my name disappeared.

If you're logged in and so much as enter dawgman (not even the forums), your name will appear there and you'll be counted as a "user online" for 7 days.
  • Fecal_MatterFecal_Matter Member Posts: 330
    HFNY said:

Ah that's right, he switched with the coaching staff change.

HFNY said:

Consider yourself corrected.