Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peters thread, take two.

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Before that last shitshow thread took a 90 degree turn to coco and Finnish death metal, I was going to post...

Peters is getting some good advice. The least worst way to contain the damage from his dismissal is to say exactly the things he's saying. "Uncoachable" is a death sentence for an NFL career.

Ask me again in two years whether he meant a word of it.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

can't we get back to talking about Finnish death metal?

#Finnish
    Sure as hell won't eat themselves
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

It could all be bullshit. But taking responsibility for your own shitty actions bullshit > blaming everyone else for your shitty actions bullshit. I was not expecting him to own it like that. It makes me a lot more optimistic about his NFL future. If the Hawks took him at #31 now I wouldn't at all be upset about it. Dude can flat out ball.

Agree.

I bet he'll be available if they want him at #31. Owning his fuckups is going to help him, but it's not going to restore the status he would have had as a model citizen. It seems like NFL GMs love his kind of story. The ones who want him will whisper out loud about the uncoachable reputation, take a gamble and grab someone else they want in that round, and gamble that others will do the same. It's a circle that feeds itself. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall several rounds in spite of saying all the right things.

Or he could go in the top 20. I don't know shit.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I can't imagine him falling out of the top 20. If he does teams will start trading up to get him, would be a steal that late.
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2015
    The kid was a late first-rounder... and he fucked that into a 3rd-4th round pick. No wonder he hired some help to edit his pre-draft interview. No one is taking this fucked up kid in the first 2 rounds. Not even the Browns.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

dnc said:

It could all be bullshit. But taking responsibility for your own shitty actions bullshit > blaming everyone else for your shitty actions bullshit. I was not expecting him to own it like that. It makes me a lot more optimistic about his NFL future. If the Hawks took him at #31 now I wouldn't at all be upset about it. Dude can flat out ball.

Agree.

I bet he'll be available if they want him at #31. Owning his fuckups is going to help him, but it's not going to restore the status he would have had as a model citizen. It seems like NFL GMs love his kind of story. The ones who want him will whisper out loud about the uncoachable reputation, take a gamble and grab someone else they want in that round, and gamble that others will do the same. It's a circle that feeds itself. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall several rounds in spite of saying all the right things.

Or he could go in the top 20. I don't know shit.

But either way, will it be interesting?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2015
    LaZoris said:

The kid was a late first-rounder... and he fucked that into a 3rd-4th round pick. No wonder he hired some help to edit his pre-draft interview. No one is taking this fucked up kid in the first 2 rounds. Not even the Browns.

Hawks would. Bengals would too. Rams also took Jenkins first round I think.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LaZoris said:

I've said second the #ICantBreathe incidence came out. If he keeps this up, I could easily see him sneaking back into the late first. No way he falls past the second unless something else happens or he's just terribly unconvincing.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    F-Me

He's not owning anything. He's not getting picked 1st day. Nobody is buying this.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

F-Me

He's not owning anything. He's not getting picked 1st day. Nobody is buying this.

Being at the UW pro day is going to speak pretty loudly. NFL corches know Peterman is not some FREE PUB bullshitter. If Pete says he's worth another chance, it's going to carry a lot of weight.

And how the fuck is he "not owning anything"?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    It's not like this kid is a Earl Thomas where they are gonna snag him first round. The kid is a flier... Yeah he's 'edgy' which the Hawks seem to like? Kidding me? Even Pete wasnt FS enough to draft taylor mays instead of Thomas. Draft the edgy kids with talent in the 4th and 5th rounds. Let the browns or bengals fuck with this kid in the 3rd round.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Probably a 4th rounder at best. 5th round would be a nice fit, if he blows up you win, if he continues to be an asshole, then it didn't cost too much. Let him earn his way back to respect and the money.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

F-Me

Being at the UW pro day is going to speak pretty loudly. NFL corches know Peterman is not some FREE PUB bullshitter. If Pete says he's worth another chance, it's going to carry a lot of weight.

And how the fuck is he "not owning anything"?
    I guess somebody is buying this.....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2015
    dnc said:

LaZoris said:

I've said second the #ICantBreathe incidence came out. If he keeps this up, I could easily see him sneaking back into the late first. No way he falls past the second unless something else happens or he's just terribly unconvincing.
    This is just FS. You need to be a GM.
  • Options
    LaZoris said:

dnc said:

LaZoris said:

This is just FS.
    I have all the screenshots I need

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2015
    Here below is a top tier talent who fucked himself and went 3rd round. National exposure playing for a top tier team... You really think peters who fucked himself for a NW school who is known for going to kraft mac n cheese bowls is gonna get more exposure than this guy and get drafted higher?

"Once considered a Heisman Trophy front-runner, Mathieu didn't play last season after Tigers coach Les Miles kicked him off the team for failing multiple drug tests."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/tyrann-mathieu-cardinals-draft-nfl-2013_n_3166961.html
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

can't we get back to talking about Finnish death metal?

Axe and ye shall receive the darkness...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTTDIYfYTEM