Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peters thread, take two.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Lazorioris, in most mock drafts I have looked at Peters has been in the first round.

The Seahawks took Bruce Irvin in the first round and he had a ton of red flags. He was arrested weeks before the draft.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bucky Brooks projects Peters easily into the first round.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Of the Irwindale Brooks'?
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I agree a hot head is different than some top tier fucker who gets kicked off for drugs, rape, bong rips, speeding on I5, etc.

The point is he was kicked off a team from a very respectable head coach in Petersen who had enough. Fuck, Petersen had enough of him after coaching him during the (pre) season.. the fuck never made the pac12 season. Fuck him, go play for sark. He could have been the mentor for a young secondary and he went the other way. You really want to burn a 1st or 2nd round pick with that background? I guarantee you 28 NFL teams dont.

He seemed like a top corner from anyone you talk to in the northwest going into the year. Nat'l media had him top 10 secondary and climbing. He was great when he played. Too bad he played a 1/3 of the season before being told to sell his fucking couch.

Dude is 3rd/4th round flier if he is fucking lucky and will probably play for a shit ass organization where he will fade out in 3 years.

His whole interview was bullshit. Just some troubled fuck who hired someone to write his script. Classic Sark recruit and classic Sark-type interview. Sark probably paid his publicist to write Peter's bullshit sob story.
    1st-2nd round my ass. Jesus.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

dnc said:

It could all be bullshit. But taking responsibility for your own shitty actions bullshit > blaming everyone else for your shitty actions bullshit. I was not expecting him to own it like that. It makes me a lot more optimistic about his NFL future. If the Hawks took him at #31 now I wouldn't at all be upset about it. Dude can flat out ball.

Agree.

I bet he'll be available if they want him at #31. Owning his fuckups is going to help him, but it's not going to restore the status he would have had as a model citizen. It seems like NFL GMs love his kind of story. The ones who want him will whisper out loud about the uncoachable reputation, take a gamble and grab someone else they want in that round, and gamble that others will do the same. It's a circle that feeds itself. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall several rounds in spite of saying all the right things.

Or he could go in the top 20. I don't know shit.
    dnc said:

It could all be bullshit. But taking responsibility for your own shitty actions bullshit > blaming everyone else for your shitty actions bullshit. I was not expecting him to own it like that. It makes me a lot more optimistic about his NFL future. If the Hawks took him at #31 now I wouldn't at all be upset about it. Dude can flat out ball.

If NFL GMs think they can keep his nose clean. They'll draft him. He's good. But He has a risk. I'd about bet the house he won't go before pick 70. He's still a potential guy
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    Founders Club
    LaZoris said:

The kid was a late first-rounder... and he fucked that into a 3rd-4th round pick. No wonder he hired some help to edit his pre-draft interview. No one is taking this fucked up kid in the first 2 rounds. Not even the Browns.

People outside this bored disagree with you:

walterfootball.com/draft2015_2.php

Scroll down to #55 but here's what they have to say about Peters:

Marcus Peters was dismissed from the team this past season. The Cardinals have taken chances on troubled players before, so perhaps they'd give Peters a shot. Peters, who has top-15 talent, could fill in for Antonio Cromartie if the stud corner isn't re-signed. As you can see in our NFL Free Agent Rumors page, Cromartie has expressed a desire to go back to the Jets.

The other mock draft on that website has Peters going to the Patriots in the 3rd at #96. That write-up is TL, DR but here's a line from it:

He was separated from the program for repeated arguments with the coaches. Some NFL teams may look past the issue, but it seems more likely that these concerns will push this first-round talent into the second day.

And yes, Walter Football is my source.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    Founders Club
    And for you 12s out there pining for your team to draft Peters in the 1st, Seattle has more need at DT and DE.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pac Man Jones is still at scrip clubs making it rain with NFL money
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LaZoris said:

The kid was a late first-rounder... and he fucked that into a 3rd-4th round pick. No wonder he hired some help to edit his pre-draft interview. No one is taking this fucked up kid in the first 2 rounds. Not even the Browns.

I'll take that action as you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Peters is by far the most talented corner in this draft (albeit it's a weak CB class), and most are projecting him as a top 20 pick. His size and athleticism are off the charts, so I don't know why you're trying to compare him to the 5-9 weed-addicted midget Tyrann Mathieu.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Pac Man Jones is still at scrip clubs making it rain with NFL money

It's in the scrip
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Either a team desperate for CB help picks him in the bottom half of the 1st round or he goes in the 2nd....maaaaybe 3rd.

There's also a chance a team trades out of the first round and into the top half of the second and picks him since they'll have two 2nd round picks.

If I'm an NFL GM, I'd have a psychiatrist and sports psychologist meet with him separately at least twice. Perhaps the biggest issue is that he's 22 (maybe even coming up on 23 later this year since he redshirted) and it's awfully hard for a cat to change its stripes by then. Part of a person's behavior is genetic and for the part that's not, the age of 1 day to age 18 are the most critical. People can still change some from 18-22 but after that, people are largely formed. Thus the best predictor of future behavior is past actions so I sure wouldn't risk a 1st rounder and bigger guaranteed money (and a 4 year deal) on Peters.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HFNY said:

Either a team desperate for CB help picks him in the bottom half of the 1st round or he goes in the 2nd....maaaaybe 3rd.

There's also a chance a team trades out of the first round and into the top half of the second and picks him since they'll have two 2nd round picks.

If I'm an NFL GM, I'd have a psychiatrist and sports psychologist meet with him separately at least twice. Perhaps the biggest issue is that he's 22 (maybe even coming up on 23 later this year since he redshirted) and it's awfully hard for a cat to change its stripes by then. Part of a person's behavior is genetic and for the part that's not, the age of 1 day to age 18 are the most critical. People can still change some from 18-22 but after that, people are largely formed. Thus the best predictor of future behavior is past actions so I sure wouldn't risk a 1st rounder and bigger guaranteed money (and a 4 year deal) on Peters.

He just turned 22 in January (he was a fourth year junior). So all of the issues were when he was 21 and younger.

I could see him going in the second round for the reasons you outline. I don't see him dropping past that. He's too damn good.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Peters could be god damn awesome in the NFL. Desmond Trufant went in the later part of the 1st round and looks like he's on his way to being a very good corner for Atlanta. Peters is a >>> prospect than Trufant IMO. I'd be pretty shocked if he fell out of the first round. Seattle should definitely be all over that if he does fall.

Percy Harvin essentially did the same level of thing that Peters did and not only was he draft in the 1st round, Seattle spent more than a 1st round later to obtain him. Personally I think scouts drool over character concerns because it means the players can be taken later than they should be based on talent level.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think scouts drool over character concerns because it means the players can be taken later than they should be based on talent level.

Exactly what I was getting at earlier. This is why he slides, and why a lot of guys slide. It's necessarily not because they're a risk. Instead it's because the teams that want them think it's worth risking that others will pass on them due to the character shit. Why take a guy in the first if you think you might get him as late as the 3rd?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That's embarrassing.