Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marshawn Lynch does it again!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The only team that can beat Seattle is Seattle.

Dallas had to convert a lucky 3rd and 20 to make that game winning drive. And until that last drive Murray hadn't done shit. He had like 60 yards that last drive. As someone else noted, the offense was a disaster that game with the height of Percy gate and Lynch only getting 10 carries.

Going into this playoffs there are few teams with elite defenses. In fact, its basically Seattle and thats it. According to DVOA and SRS many of the best defenses won't be in the playoffs. Arizona is there but we saw what happened with them. Detroit? Denver is very good according to DVOA but why should we worry about them.

Last playoffs we faced the 2nd best defense (SF) and the Saints D was half decent. There is no D that can hold the Hawks under 20. That is why this road to the Super Bowl will be less difficult than last year.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Hard to believe that the Seahawks could go to their third Super Bowl in less than a decaded

#NFLFootballwasinventedin2005

Playoffs 7 out of those 10 years (and 9 out of 12), and division champs 5 out of those 10 (with a great shot at 6). It's crazy thinking of the Hawks as a consistently good team but we're getting close to that poont.

If Pete can coach for another 10 years he could run up some very nice records.
    Wish it was our Huskies.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    LaZoris said:

Great career aspirations...

Miss
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2014

Yeah, Indy is basically Seattle from the Holmgren era. A mediocre team dominating a god awful division. Agreed about Pittsburgh having the best shot against NE. The problem with them is that they can put up a dreckfest performance at any point against any team. They are so inconsistent.

God awful divisions don't typically have two playoff teams or win playoff games. That team that lost in lambeau in ot was a 10-6 wildcard.... That doesn't happen in god awful divisions, 6 or 7 wins gets you a home game in an awful division. Hell of a short memory.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    In the AFC, Pittsburgh is dangerous. Strong running game and Roethlisberger is a tough mother fucker who has been through it all. The guy has an "oh fuck" factor if your team is facing him in a big game.

I would feel the same about Cincinatti, but Andy Dalton is still their QB.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2014

In the AFC, Pittsburgh is dangerous. Strong running game and Roethlisberger is a tough mother fucker who has been through it all. The guy has an "oh fuck" factor if your team is facing him in a big game.

I would feel the same about Cincinatti, but Andy Dalton is still their QB.

I agree, the fact that Tomlin Ben and Lebeau have all done it before, paired with their incredible balance on offense makes them a formidable threat come january
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Same with Dallas, great balance on offense allowing them to win a multitude of different games. The difference though is Pittsburgh has won with this current regime/qb before, Dallas hasn't.
    OTOH both have questionable defenses so they could just as easily lose in the WC round
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I get the feeling the AFC could see some upsets. Maybe Pitt or Cincy sneak in or New England by default, limping in after barely beating someone.

Pitts offense is very good as you guys have noted but both DVOA and SRS show its defense as one of the worst in the league.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    But how does Bill not want Marshawn on his team.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I get the feeling the AFC could see some upsets. Maybe Pitt or Cincy sneak in or New England by default, limping in after barely beating someone.

Pitts offense is very good as you guys have noted but both DVOA and SRS show its defense as one of the worst in the league.

This.

Which is why New England (mainly Brady) would destroy Pittsburgh. I'm a Steeler fan.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Everyone else can eat a BAG of dicks.

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

How the fuck do you not love this guy?

FAG!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have to think Lynch is on Boobs all time favorite player ever list. Champion and always gives a big middle finger to the media.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I have to think Lynch is on Boobs all time favorite player ever list. Champion and always gives a big middle finger to the media.

Absofuckinglutely.