Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gary Anderson to OSU all over Twatters

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

I'm just a dumb duck and I don't know much about golf, and I'm no fan of anything Beaver, but isn't Trysting Tree supposed to be one of the best courses in the Northwest?

It's spelled Bandon Dunes.

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Golf buddies=lemon party outdoors.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Utah State is a bigger outpost than Oregon State is.

The identity of what he runs is completely different than what most of the conference runs.

I've long thought that if you're one of the outlying schools in a conference, you have to zig when everybody else zags to keep up. Andersen will be able to do that with what he's trying to do.

You do realize that he ran two completely different philosophies at his two head coaching gigs? Care to inform us what he will be Running at the chainsaw?
    Somewhere on the Twatters, there was a mention that Andersen wanted to run spread at Wisconsin but Barry wouldn't let him.
    He coached under Urban, and ran a spread all through Utah State so I think that's his specialty. I didn't realize Barry didn't let him. I figured it was more the personnel he had - A QB 10x worse than Miley and a couple of super star running backs. It made sense to power run it 40+ times a game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AZDuck said:

I'm just a dumb duck and I don't know much about golf, and I'm no fan of anything Beaver, but isn't Trysting Tree supposed to be one of the best courses in the Northwest?

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/oregon

10 of the top 15 courses in Oregon are public - TT is not on the list.

In fairness, with the number of great courses in Oregon, not being on a Top 15 list definitely doesn't make you a shitty course.

Looking at TT, I would say that it looks like a very enjoyable round at a course that isn't super penal for the average golfer. I'm anywhere from a 12-14 handicap depending on how often I'm playing where I'm normally looking at anywhere from 6-9 par or better holes per round. TT looks like a course that I could definitely shoot in the lower to mid 80s on if I'm playing reasonably well. In contrast, when I down in Tucson, I went and played Dove Mountain (which is where the WGC Match Play Championships were held) and that is one of the more difficult courses that I've ever played because it really penalized you for any miss that you had. I birdied 18 for a 98.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

Cuog's Palouse Ridge is #7 in WA via those rankings.

#hotgolftalk #ihatecartmanbrah

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

In fairness, with the number of great courses in Oregon, not being on a Top 15 list definitely doesn't make you a shitty course.

Looking at TT, I would say that it looks like a very enjoyable round at a course that isn't super penal for the average golfer. I'm anywhere from a 12-14 handicap depending on how often I'm playing where I'm normally looking at anywhere from 6-9 par or better holes per round. TT looks like a course that I could definitely shoot in the lower to mid 80s on if I'm playing reasonably well. In contrast, when I down in Tucson, I went and played Dove Mountain (which is where the WGC Match Play Championships were held) and that is one of the more difficult courses that I've ever played because it really penalized you for any miss that you had. I birdied 18 for a 98.
    For some reason I feel better that you're not a scratch golfer, self esteem issues and all that. In all seriousness though I appreciate the faggy golf talk. ;)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

AZDuck said:

For some reason I feel better that you're not a scratch golfer, self esteem issues and all that. In all seriousness though I appreciate the faggy golf talk. ;)
    Ha

I have no illusions of ever being a great golfer - and I certainly will never shit on a single digit handicap golfer and describe him as a hack or fraud if they have a bad day

It's the most challenging and humbling sport that I've dver played as well as providing the opportunity to spend days at some of the most unique pieces of land in the world.

I marvel at the unique few that have completed playing the top 100 courses in the world and wish I had the means and connections to pull it off. My goal is to pull off playing the top 100 public courses in the US