Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mora Looking Around?

pure speculation at this point but interesting: LINK

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not citrus (for me)
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    skookum said:

pure speculation at this point but interesting: LINK

@‌sportboner?
    @reedstrong7?

True?

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LOL....no he doesnt....he will get another raise now though
  • Options
    PurpleTicklerPurpleTickler Member Posts: 215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    That Michigan job is cursed. UCLA and Michigan have about the same upside, but Michigan has waaay more downside.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'll wait to hear what @Moni's got before I'll allow myself to speculate, kind sir.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    ElvisDevilElvisDevil Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Does Mora have Jimmy Sexton as an agent? That guy is rumored for every job that comes up. Mora is a good coach but not a great coach. Very underwhelming job this year. UCLA is a better job than Michigan, the Big 10 just sucks so it is easier to win. He should get top ten recruiting classes every year at UCLA in the most talent rich area in the country. If he is whinning about UCLA not being an A+ job, than he's a pussy. Just can't see Mora leaving. Mora Sr. lives in Palm Desert. His son is at Clairmont Collge and I think his other son is still in high school.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Skookum is my former of many former dman handles. You poached it. Cuntwaffle already plagiarismed my shit, now you? Come up with your own shit newbie. Fucking thief.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Looks like breaking news from Bleenor.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

That Michigan job is cursed. UCLA and Michigan have about the same upside, but Michigan has waaay more downside.

Sorry, but this is silly.

UCLA has won a single national championship in football and that was in 1954. Michigan has won several, the last in 1997. Michigan, fairly recently, was also the winningest program in college football history. When they're winning, they pack their 100k+ stadium every Saturday. Michigan has a higher upside than UCLA, there should be no doubt about that.

The downside is also lower at UCLA. They have a program with much lower expectations than Michigan. When you get down to brass tacks, UCLA is a basketball school first. Michigan is a football school first. Michigan is going through a rough patch, but with Harbaugh there now, my money is on them giving Meyer and tOSU all they can handle and then some in the not too distant future.

The PAC has nowhere near the power of Harbaugh at Michigan and Meyer at tOSU right now and there doesn't seem to be a program built in a way to step up to that yet. All you can say about Mora at UCLA is he's less likely to be fired from that job than he would be at Michigan. Michigan is not afraid to cycle through coaches until they hit a winner, which is exactly what it looks like they've done. UCLA on the other hand has no problem giving marginally winning to slightly losing coaches a pass. Not a knock on Mora, just an observation of UCLA's current football expectations. I actually think Mora will keep UCLA competitive in the current PAC, and that's all it will take for contract extensions there.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Sorry, but this is silly.

UCLA has won a single national championship in football and that was in 1954. Michigan has won several, the last in 1997. Michigan, fairly recently, was also the winningest program in college football history. When they're winning, they pack their 100k+ stadium every Saturday. Michigan has a higher upside than UCLA, there should be no doubt about that.

The downside is also lower at UCLA. They have a program with much lower expectations than Michigan. When you get down to brass tacks, UCLA is a basketball school first. Michigan is a football school first. Michigan is going through a rough patch, but with Harbaugh there now, my money is on them giving Meyer and tOSU all they can handle and then some in the not too distant future.

The PAC has nowhere near the power of Harbaugh at Michigan and Meyer at tOSU right now and there doesn't seem to be a program built in a way to step up to that yet. All you can say about Mora at UCLA is he's less likely to be fired from that job than he would be at Michigan. Michigan is not afraid to cycle through coaches until they hit a winner, which is exactly what it looks like they've done. UCLA on the other hand has no problem giving marginally winning to slightly losing coaches a pass. Not a knock on Mora, just an observation of UCLA's current football expectations. I actually think Mora will keep UCLA competitive in the current PAC, and that's all it will take for contract extensions there.
    SC with a coach is the Pacs hope.