Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now that I have been here a few days I offer this observation

If Dawgman is nothing but lollipops and rainbows, too many of you are nothing but razor blades and poison.

I agree Sark has underachieved and cost us a win or two every year. But....

New stadium is incredible

4 straight top 25 classes. There is some serious talent out there now

3 straight winning seasons. 3 straight bowl games. How would that have sounded to you back in 2007-2008?

And Sark pulled his head out, fired Holt, and hired some real D coaches. We gave up less than 300 points in the regular season last year for the first time since 2000. Our D is not soft, and might be very, very strong this year.

Sark has to improve. But what he did with the D last year gives me hope that he can learn and improve. This year will tell the tale.

"Let it play out" actually makes sense right now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

This is Washington (dammit). We don't celebrate three being 3 games over .500 in 3 years even if they were winning seasons. We expect excellence. Sark will not take us there.

I'm giving you the "thumbs up" just for your signature alone.

If Dawgman is nothing but lollipops and rainbows, too many of you are nothing but razor blades and poison.

3 straight winning seasons. 3 straight bowl games. How would that have sounded to you back in 2007-2008?

And Sark pulled his head out, fired Holt, and hired some real D coaches. We gave up less than 300 points in the regular season last year for the first time since 2000. Our D is not soft, and might be very, very strong this year.

Sark has to improve. But what he did with the D last year gives me hope that he can learn and improve. This year will tell the tale.

*Christ*
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Mediocre seasons like the 7-6 trifecta got coaches fired when Washington still gave a fuck about football.

If you had told me after four years that Sark was getting a fifth year with a 26-25 record, I would have told you then that this program is fucked and it is time for another 0-12.

Guess what? I feel that way now too.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Auburn, that's the same bullshit sentiment you read on dawgman every fucking day. And you forgot the 0-12 thing Aubs.

Go back and suck on Kim's lollipop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Agreed.

We have some good skill players, but the game is won in the trenches. We don't have Oregon, Stanford, or USC talent.

Again, we don't celebrate 3 games over .500.

It all starts at the top with the HC. DC's are generally interchangeable. The D may not be soft, but the offense is. Turning the ball over and flat out quitting when they get down on the road.

Again, starts with HC. Sark was making the same mistakes he was made in 09, 10, and 11. The loss to WSU should have showed you that he is a bad coach.

IT'S YEAR FIVE! FUCK!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    But this is why we love Aubbie
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    There is some serious talent (on paper) out there.

The stadium does look fantastic.

Nobody is arguing that stuff (much).

But 26-25 kinda drowns out any of that stuff to me.

Look, if you were told 5 years ago that we would have 1 shitty bowl win, be a .500 football team over the previous 4 years, and we're not picked in any preseason top 25s heading into year 5, would you be satisfied with that hire?

If the anaswer is yes, well, I have nothing else to say because you would be retarded and I don't like to poke fun at re re's.

If the answer is no, you would not be satisfied, then why are you holding out hope that Sark is the one?

The evidence is in counselor. Sark is what he is, a .500 football Coach who gives kick ass pressers that are all steak and no sizzle but pack a helluva Yoga and Meditation punch.

I mean, I could be wrong, but in Vegas the odds would be on my side that I'm right. Put it all on black (not racist).

- Sark costing us a win or two evey year is a big deal. If this was MLB where they play 162 games then I wouldn't give a fuck. 1-2 wins a year in a 12 game schedule is a reason to get a new coach.

- The talent is nice and four straight ranked classes is a nice start. However, Washington has always been able to recruit well. Even under Ty he always had top 40 classes. The problem is no OL or DL plus lack of player development. Out of all those high profile WR's he's recruited only one is good and he is slow plus runs crappy routes.

- 3 straight winning seasons? Who gives a fuck? Lambo had 5 straight and was shit canned, Rick had 4 straight and was shit canned. Sark is only 26-25 which at his initial KICK ASS presser if someone told them he'd be 26-25 after four years even the biggest doogs out there would say that isn't acceptable. So why is it okay now?

- Who hired Holt? Who bragged how he hired the best defensive coach in the nation? Also our defense did improve but still got destroyed against LSU, Oregon and Arizona plus didn't play well vs WSU or Boise State.

- Has to improve? Ty had to improve too. He's had his time to improve. We've given him four fucking years to improve and he has proven he can't. You can't watch the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 teams without telling one bit difference.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

You don't get it. Which surprises me..or maybe not.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2013
    Someone posted the other day something to the effect that after the Kick Ass 'Sark gets it" Presser in 2008 that UW would be 7-6 in year 4 with a loss to the maybe the worst team in the nation and a bowl loss, most people would have said hell no, that isn't good enough and his ass should be gone. Now we are letting it play our and hoping to see 9 wins and then everything will be great.

Jesus.
    If you are hired the right coach you don't have to "let it play out" or "wait and see" in year 5.

He will have already established himself. If UW had hired the right coach with the experience and talent that this roster has plus skipping USC we would talking Rose Bowl.

The fact that at BEST in year five this fuck only takes 3rd in his 6 team division says a lot. Most are picking UW to finish 4th in a 6 team division in year five!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    As someone noted yesterday after hearing the podcast "Here's all you need to know about how bad it's gotten over there: I'm two/thirds of the way in and you've already referenced AuburnDawg as a positive force on DM.c twice."

I may have forgotten the FS after his handle.
    Are there some who are too pessimistic? Probably. 0-12 does funny things to one's fandom. So does 7-6 > 7-6 > 7-6. And repeated top 25 classes filled with the same positions every year while those positions never seem to actually improve.

This bored has Sark's original fan, the guy who gave Jack Lockner his first printed fellatio and Wilcox's biggest fan. If Sark does anything to get excited about, there will be plenty of optimists here. Unfortunately, we're at year 5 and the best you have is a bunch of hypotheticals and preseason accolades.

Time to actually get it done of the field, Sark. Or GTFO.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    edited August 2013
    Well. Auburn brings diversity.

Long story short, in 2009 if I had know this, I would have put out a hit contract on the frat boy. It played out in 2011. The putrid performance in 2012 wasn't necessary to establish the state of the program.

I'm old school and delusional. The outline Auburn layed out confirms Husky football as I knew it is dead. If fans and major contributors behind the program accept his performance in any way, we are now Cal north.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

If you are hired the right coach you don't have to "let it play out" or "wait and see" in year 5.

He will have already established himself. If UW had hired the right coach with the experience and talent that this roster has plus skipping USC we would talking Rose Bowl.

The fact that at BEST in year five this fuck only takes 3rd in his 6 team division says a lot. Most are picking UW to finish 4th in a 6 team division in year five!

Nick Saban is glad you weren't his AD @ Mich St. 25-22-1 & 0-3 in "shitty" bowl games, and he regressed from 7-5 to 6-6.

Les Miles went 4, 8, 9 and regressed to 7 wins, before popping 11 in Yr 5 (Yr 1 @LSU)

Even DJ went 6, 5, 8, and 7 before popping out 10 in year 5.

Not saying Sark any of those guys as some will spin, and I would have had no problem with him getting fired in the 4th qtr of the AC.

But NO one here knows for certainty that the light won't click on and Sark pops out a good season with 9 or 10 wins.

Nick Saban is glad you weren't his AD @ Mich St. 25-22-1 & 0-3 in "shitty" bowl games, and he regressed from 7-5 to 6-6.

Les Miles went 4, 8, 9 and regressed to 7 wins, before popping 11 in Yr 5 (Yr 1 @LSU)

Not saying Sark any of those guys as some will spin, and I would have had no problem with him getting fired in the 4th qtr of the AC.

But NO one here knows for certainty that the light won't click on and Sark pops out a good season with 9 or 10 wins.
    I agree with that. There is no certainty. There is, however, a high likelihood, which is really all we can go on about most anything in sports.

To play Devil's Advocate to you constantly playing Devil's Advocate what did Saban actually accomplish at Michigan State?

Doogs always bring up Sark could be the next Saban. So does that mean Sark wins 9 games this year then LEAVE!?

Miles at Ok State didn't do much for that school either. As for James he did win a Rose Bowl in year three.

I can give a shit less if Sark becomes a great coach at another school. I care about what he is going to do at UW. Given 51 games of evidence I don't believe UW will ever compete for a Rose Bowl under him.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    That BYU line pass blocked just like Sark's Husky OLs pass block now.