Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now that I have been here a few days I offer this observation

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If you are hired the right coach you don't have to "let it play out" or "wait and see" in year 5.

He will have already established himself. If UW had hired the right coach with the experience and talent that this roster has plus skipping USC we would talking Rose Bowl.

The fact that at BEST in year five this fuck only takes 3rd in his 6 team division says a lot. Most are picking UW to finish 4th in a 6 team division in year five!

Nick Saban is glad you weren't his AD @ Mich St. 25-22-1 & 0-3 in "shitty" bowl games, and he regressed from 7-5 to 6-6.

Les Miles went 4, 8, 9 and regressed to 7 wins, before popping 11 in Yr 5 (Yr 1 @LSU)

Even DJ went 6, 5, 8, and 7 before popping out 10 in year 5.

Not saying Sark any of those guys as some will spin, and I would have had no problem with him getting fired in the 4th qtr of the AC.

But NO one here knows for certainty that the light won't click on and Sark pops out a good season with 9 or 10 wins.
    Great non-defense defense of Sark as always.

Sure it's possible that he could be one of those guys, but right now he is Chan Gailey Junior.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited August 2013

If Dawgman is nothing but lollipops and rainbows, too many of you are nothing but razor blades and poison.

I agree Sark has underachieved and cost us a win or two every year. But....

New stadium is incredible

4 straight top 25 classes. There is some serious talent out there now

3 straight winning seasons. 3 straight bowl games. How would that have sounded to you back in 2007-2008?

And Sark pulled his head out, fired Holt, and hired some real D coaches. We gave up less than 300 points in the regular season last year for the first time since 2000. Our D is not soft, and might be very, very strong this year.

Sark has to improve. But what he did with the D last year gives me hope that he can learn and improve. This year will tell the tale.

"Let it play out" actually makes sense right now.

As long as Sark continues to do the bare minimum to keep his job, I'm happy. I have been a little concerned as of late, because Sark may actually be held to a standard for once. I want UW to win no fewer than 7 games, but no more than 8. Sark keeps his job, Doogs continue to live in denial, and the world will continue to be right.

My biggest fear is that UW wins 5, Sark gets the boot, and dumbfuck Woody stumbles into a great hire.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If Dawgman is nothing but lollipops and rainbows, too many of you are nothing but razor blades and poison.

3 straight winning seasons. 3 straight bowl games. How would that have sounded to you back in 2007-2008?

And Sark pulled his head out, fired Holt, and hired some real D coaches. We gave up less than 300 points in the regular season last year for the first time since 2000. Our D is not soft, and might be very, very strong this year.

Sark has to improve. But what he did with the D last year gives me hope that he can learn and improve. This year will tell the tale.

As long as Sark continues to do the bare minimum to keep his job, I'm happy. I have been a little concerned as of late, because Sark may actually be held to standard for once. I want UW to win no fewer than 7 games, but no more than 8. Sark keeps his job, Doogs continue to live in denial, and the world will continue to be right.
    You would think that after a decade of watching rivals want our coaches to stay forever, AuburnDawgFS would have learned something.

The December 2013 excuses are going to be special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

That BYU line pass blocked just like Sark's Husky OLs pass block now.
    I'm hearing Sark was having trust issues with Lavell Edwards that game.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Sounds like Auburn is in the camp that Sark didn't really start as head coach until he fired his friends and hired Wilcox. Since we are in year 2, his posts makes some sense.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    What a dumb ass:

1- He sure lacked smarts as a QB when playing with the big dogs.

2- One would think, after the way he got smoked in this game (and others) because of his outclassed O line, that he'd understand the importance of O linemen.

One dumb mo foo.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    I take issue with the recruiting. It hasnt been good. I take issue with giving a guy credit for being forced to fire shitty coaches he hired. But I have no issue with you making non troll positive posts
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013

This post is in the ESPN 30 for 30 voice...

"What if I told you that a young coach was hired to take over a losing program? What if I told you that by year two there would be a Holiday Bowl victory? What if I told you that all fans were told that by 2013 the program would be special? What if I told you that by 2013, this program would be coming off three consecutive 7 and 6 seasons and would be ranked 45th in the Coaches Poll? Would you still consider that special? It's a riveting, heartwarming tale of incremental progress. Starring Steve Sarkisian and directed by AuburnDoog, the ESPN 30 for 30 Original, Moving the Goalposts."
  • Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    I'm looking forward to aubbie changing his mind several times in the next few days.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

If you are hired the right coach you don't have to "let it play out" or "wait and see" in year 5.

He will have already established himself. If UW had hired the right coach with the experience and talent that this roster has plus skipping USC we would talking Rose Bowl.

The fact that at BEST in year five this fuck only takes 3rd in his 6 team division says a lot. Most are picking UW to finish 4th in a 6 team division in year five!

Nick Saban is glad you weren't his AD @ Mich St. 25-22-1 & 0-3 in "shitty" bowl games, and he regressed from 7-5 to 6-6.

Les Miles went 4, 8, 9 and regressed to 7 wins, before popping 11 in Yr 5 (Yr 1 @LSU)

Not saying Sark any of those guys as some will spin, and I would have had no problem with him getting fired in the 4th qtr of the AC.

But NO one here knows for certainty that the light won't click on and Sark pops out a good season with 9 or 10 wins.
    After listening to, and observing Sark now for several years, does anyone really believe the "circuitry" is there for the light to suddenly click on?

He seems like a good guy but also seems clearly overwhelmed by his job at times.

I haven't seen the growth as a coach that would warrant keeping him any longer.

Not everyone is made to be out on the point.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Auburn, buddy....why the fuck are you giving Sark credit for the D staff? (It's a new doog talking point now)

It was a blank check (ok'd by the new President) to get the new staff. Had 0 to do with Sark.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Sark has done some good things, but he's not a great coach. He's probably between the 7th and 9th best coach in the P 12. If he were a savvy Mack Clown type who recruited tons of four and five star talent and showed signs that the program was on the cusp if Rose Bowls, then okay, let it play out. That's not likely.

Washington shouldn't fucking settle. Washington fights the LA schools for Pasadena. Washington doesn't get killed by Oregon every fucking yr or blowleads to Wazooo and Boise Beauty Academy. F that. Washington should have a coach who can at least win2/3 of his games.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    tracker said:

After listening to, and observing Sark now for several years, does anyone really believe the "circuitry" is there for the light to suddenly click on?

He seems like a good guy but also seems clearly overwhelmed by his job at times.

I haven't seen the growth as a coach that would warrant keeping him any longer.

Not everyone is made to be out on the point.

That is a good point.

Pre Apple Cup my feeling toward Sark was = 60-40

Post Apple Cup = 40-60

Post Bowl Game = 40-60

Call me stupid, but I have started drinking the purple stuff again and I am around 55-45. We better start 4-0, or I am going to take a major swing to the other side.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Top 25 talent, top 50 results. That's good enough?

Fuck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Remember the old saying "UClA, where all-americans go to get soft".

I think you can say that about Washington and it's been that way for a while.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    I was in the "let it play out" crowd last year. Look how it played out. It's pretty played out by now, but it will play out. Again.