Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the Peter lovers

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fuck the revolution, bring on the apocalypse.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

I also have posts here addressing it. I've been in internet arguments over Husky football for so long it's retarded.

There are plenty here that have shown they will agree with you just because of your previous record on smaller shittier messageboards
    Listen hou, ive been internet arguing longer than race and I think youre a fucking bandwagon peterbeater too. Now fuckoff and join kim in misery. Uw made a huge jump in improvement Saturday bonio.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I also have posts here addressing it. I've been in internet arguments over Husky football for so long it's retarded.

Or are you retarded for arguing over Husky football so long?
    Isn't that what I wrote?
    Your eyes are as good as mine.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

There are plenty here that have shown they will agree with you just because of your previous record on smaller shittier messageboards
    Listen hou, ive been internet arguing longer than race and I think youre a fucking bandwagon peterbeater too. Now fuckoff and join kim in misery. Uw made a huge jump in improvement Saturday bonio.
    13 penalties for 111 yards

3 key turnovers

Getting burned on a fake fucking FG

Bone headed game management.

This was an average Arizona team we should have beat. They barely beat UTSA, and struggled with Nevada and Cal @ home. Sure, they beat Oregon, but any with a half a brain knows Oregon would insert the plunger if they played again.

Coach Pete may eventually be the guy, but to say Saturday's performance was an improvement goes to show that "time spent" on the internet does not = increased intelligence.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    oh my. Irish Whiskey?... Swaye?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    More than anything, Miles continues to piss me off. Who cares if he doesn't throw many INTs if he fumbles the ball 2 times every game? Who cares if he can run for a few first downs if he takes too many sacks rather than throwing the ball away?

This diversion of clock management issues obscures the real problem, which is 13 penalties and a fake FG for a TD. Those are things the staff still needs to work on, especially for a head coach that prides himself in the details. Whether Cooper fumbles or not, there is no doubt that the penalties, crappy QB play, and the Fake FG are still issues no matter what happened with Coop.

Houhusky said:

13 penalties for 111 yards

3 key turnovers

Getting burned on a fake fucking FG

Bone headed game management.

This was an average Arizona team we should have beat. They barely beat UTSA, and struggled with Nevada and Cal @ home. Sure, they beat Oregon, but any with a half a brain knows Oregon would insert the plunger if they played again.

Coach Pete may eventually be the guy, but to say Saturday's performance was an improvement goes to show that "time spent" on the internet does not = increased intelligence.

• Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Everyone is disappointed with this season. Doesn't mean we didn't get a coaching upgrade. We all now know how lucky UW and Sark were to have KP at the helm and a stable of very good skill players. We've seen a big improvement on the defensive side. We don't have a star QB, TE, RB, or WR. And, we are still on pace to finish just as well as any Sark team. I'll let it play out through next season at least.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    no_uh said:

Everyone is disappointed with this season. Doesn't mean we didn't get a coaching upgrade. We all now know how lucky UW and Sark were to have KP at the helm and a stable of very good skill players. We've seen a big improvement on the defensive side. We don't have a star QB, TE, RB, or WR. And, we are still on pace to finish just as well as any Sark team. I'll let it play out through next season at least.

4-5 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 5-4 > 4-5?
  • Options

no_uh said:

Does conference record really matter if you aren't even sniffing a championship? Regardless, 8 or 9 > Seven. Even if Seven (the coach) did leave us with this turd of a schedule.
  • Options
    no_uh said:

no_uh said:

Does conference record really matter if you aren't even sniffing a championship? Regardless, 8 or 9 > Seven. Even if Seven (the coach) did leave us with this turd of a schedule.
    Yes. Same standard for all coaches. Last year I called the season a complete failure after the S/T cluster fuck on the farm.

The fact we need wins against the Beavs and Coogs just to get to 4 conference wins makes this season a complete failure...case closed.

Coach Pete has some soul searching to do this off season to see if his head is really into running a big time program.
  • Options

no_uh said:

no_uh said:

Yes. Same standard for all coaches. Last year I called the season a complete failure after the S/T cluster fuck on the farm.

The fact we need wins against the Beavs and Coogs just to get to 4 conference wins makes this season a complete failure...case closed.

Coach Pete has some soul searching to do this off season to see if his head is really into running a big time program.
    Every season we don't compete for the championship is a failure. Doesn't mean I'm ready to jump on the Fire Petersen train after one season competing at the same as what we've been getting shoved down our throats for the past 5 seasons.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    no_uh said:

no_uh said:

no_uh said:

Every season we don't compete for the championship is a failure. Doesn't mean I'm ready to jump on the Fire Petersen train after one season competing at the same as what we've been getting shoved down our throats for the past 5 seasons.
    You work at Joeys?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

no_uh said:

no_uh said:

Of course conference record matters. If we went 7-2 in conference, but didn't win a championship, you and I both know that there would be tons of posts back slapping Petersen about what an immediate improvement he was over Sark.

The only reason it supposedly doesn't matter is because the record sucks. That is a simple fact. If you want to close your eyes and plug your ears and pretend that isn't true have at it, but it's true.

I fully understand and agree that his first season doesn't matter if Peterman ends up winning championships, but the goalpost moving is fucking lame. We can criticize this year and cheer if/when Peterman wins.
    Go back and read. You are attributing arguments to me that I haven't made. I said "every season we don't compete for the championship is a failure." With the record you are providing, we would've been competing for a championship. Otherwise, mediocre winning record = mediocre winning record. One conference game, from 5-4 to 4-5, doesn't change that. If we win out, this year isn't a total dumpster fire and on par, if not better than anything sark did - depending on who we beat in the toilet bowl. Not going to be satisfied, but not moving any goalposts here.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    no_uh said:

no_uh said:

no_uh said:

Of course conference record matters. If we went 7-2 in conference, but didn't win a championship, you and I both know that there would be tons of posts back slapping Petersen about what an immediate improvement he was over Sark.

The only reason it supposedly doesn't matter is because the record sucks. That is a simple fact. If you want to close your eyes and plug your ears and pretend that isn't true have at it, but it's true.

I fully understand and agree that his first season doesn't matter if Peterman ends up winning championships, but the goalpost moving is fucking lame. We can criticize this year and cheer if/when Peterman wins.
    Go back and read. You are attributing arguments to me that I haven't made. I said "every season we don't compete for the championship is a failure." With the record you are providing, we would've been competing for a championship. Otherwise, mediocre winning record = mediocre winning record. One conference game, from 5-4 to 4-5, doesn't change that. If we win out, this year isn't a total dumpster fire and on par, if not better than anything sark did - depending on who we beat in the toilet bowl. Not going to be satisfied, but not moving any goalposts here.
    My point still stands if Petersen went 6-3. If he did, there would still be tons of posts about how much better Petersen was than Sark. I'm not talking about you per se, but the board in general. That would be two games behind Oregon and not competing for a championship. I do agree that 5-4, 4-5, whatever. It's medicore, isn't good enough, and in the big picture it makes no difference.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @ThomasFremont likes to pretend he was first to the party I was already hosting
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Houhusky said:

@ThomasFremont likes to pretend he was first to the party I was already hosting

Shameless self-promotion bump. Deserves awesome.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

All these people making posts here defending Peterman with pontificating hopefulness and bullshit benchmarks to Sark remind me so much of the Sarktards defending Sark by comparing him to Willingham.

We lost the game last night because of coaching. We didnt lose the game because of a shitty offense, young secondary, or having to play a safety at QB. WE FUCKING LOST BECAUSE OF COACHING. Just fucking admit it. Peterson shouldnt be fucking learning on the job about how to manage the clock at this point in his career. Its concerning.

@Racebannon and @CokeGreaterThanPepsi and others, thats great, you believe that Peterhead is doing things the right way. You trust him because of his record at BSU, cool brah. But dont fucking pretend that anything we have seen on the field since Petersan has shown here at UW is giving you faith. He has sucked from the first game (fuck you and your offseason Sven). Saying that "Peterson is turning losers into winners" and pretending that its obvious based on the product on the field is KimFS. There is nothing on the field that shows that Petersan is turning things around. If you believe because your inner doog is attached to Peatersen and you cant handle possibly hiring another shitty coach, that fine.

Maybe Petarsen will turn it around next year. His coaching fuckup last night wasnt encouraging. First it was Sven, and a bunch of you fuckheads, pretending that there is such a thing as a preseason in college football. Now you fucktards want to pretend that the first season doesnt matter because... well because fuck you, thats why.

Peatson isnt some special snowflake bright spot until he fucking proves it as UW's head coach.

"Petersen is a lone bright spot... If he fails it doesn't matter anyway. It's already fucked." is no different than "Its going to be interesting to see what happens, if not it will still be interesting" Both statement are equally fucking stupid.

Most ignorant post ever laid down in this shitpit. Take a bow Houston, then stay there while Freemont puts a thorough buttfuckin to you . This is typical dawgman post-loss panic language, with zero understanding of the big picture. Pete has a good football team a brewin. Wait it out cunt, I said 3-5 years.