Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Auburndawg believes the following: (deserves its own thread)

13»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I did. I agreed with much of it then and now.

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed making Gilby anything other than interim
    Opposed hiring Ty
    Said Ty should be fired after the 2007 Arizona game
    Supported hiring Mora and opposed hiring Sark
    I remember a screencap of you saying you thought Ty would be successful. Posted in November 2006. Nice revisionist history as always.
    I don't know exactly what Auburn said but I would imagine most people thought Ty was going to be some form of successful. A lowered expectations form of successful though.
    I created the WeWereAFootballSchool handle (RIP) the day Ty was hired because I expected him to perform the way Sark has actually performed.

Fuck I miss WASHINGTON dammit. Self-revisionist Doogs like Auburn and Kim are worse than al-Qaeda.
  • Options
    DingaLingDingaLing Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canard said:

Canard said:

The job of the CFB coach is to get his school to its proper level of performance- what it should achieve given the Iron Laws: Location, Tradition, Money.

Winning season and a bowl game every year.
    Check for the Ducks.
    Competing for the league championship most years. Check.
    Competing for a national championship once or twice per decade every three years. Check.

Your so-called "iron laws" are fucktarded.

So with the right coach, Oregon State or WSU can become a consistent top tier program?

Money.
    AD COMPETENCE.
    COACHING COMPETENCE, &
    FACILITIES.

We have all four, you have two. Stanford has all four and UCLA has two. OSU has .75 in coaching and that's it. Wazzu is stuck on one with Moos.

Been to Stillwater, OK? If T. B. Pickens transformed that shithole into a Fiesta Bowl winning program, with cash, hookers and blow, then all Wazzu needs is a Daddy Warbucks. Location and tradition count for squat in the face of truckloads of competently spent cash and world class facilities. Mix in actually good coaching and stand back.

UW will go nowhere near "elite" while missing badly in the competence categories. That you can't see that Woodward and Sark are basically the left tit and right tit of the feminization of your football program, there's no helping you.
    We have 2 of your 4? I count 0.5, maybe.

And okie light just lost to fucking west vagina who lost to meeryland 37 to nil. That program lacks something not on your list, but Oregon has: weed, weed, and more weed. And a new crop of fucking hot cheerleaders with tight sweet pussies every fucking year.

• Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I remember a screencap of you saying you thought Ty would be successful. Posted in November 2006. Nice revisionist history as always.
    I don't know exactly what Auburn said but I would imagine most people thought Ty was going to be some form of successful. A lowered expectations form of successful though.
    I recall being afraid he'd be what Sark is, or what he had been. Mediocre to poor with a couple good seasons that would make him hard to fire. Of course Sark hasnt lost a Rose Bowl or gone 9-3 so Ty was better at Stanford and nd than Sark here.

I didn't think Ty would go 11-25 then 0-12 but i hated the hire for what it said to fans who wanted championships. It said fuck off
    The last three hires have been nothing but a giant middle finger to Husky fans that actually want winners.
  • Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I created the WeWereAFootballSchool handle (RIP) the day Ty was hired because I expected him to perform the way Sark has actually performed.

Fuck I miss WASHINGTON dammit. Self-revisionist Doogs like Auburn and Kim are worse than al-Qaeda.
    I think that is what I hate about the Doogs the most is after arguing for years with them once that coach is fired they never own it.

Then a few years later pass by they flat out deny ever liking that coach and they "knew" he wasn't going to work.

The Doogs who can actually admit they supported Ty I have more respect for that those who claim they never supported Ty when they did.
  • Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty

I think that is what I hate about the Doogs the most is after arguing for years with them once that coach is fired they never own it.

Then a few years later pass by they flat out deny ever liking that coach and they "knew" he wasn't going to work.

The Doogs who can actually admit they supported Ty I have more respect for that those who claim they never supported Ty when they did.
    I love how Auburn himself admitted that he opposed hiring Ty yet was fucktarded enough to support him for 2.5 years...then he still for some insane reason supports Sark 4.5 years after opposing his hire.

In fact, I recall Auburndawg being impressed that UW was willing to spend a lot of money on a relative basis for a first time head coach when Sark was hired. He never understood when I attempted to explain to him that Emmert and Woodward were fucktarded enough to overpay (Sark could have been had for $250-500k less per season) AND be cheap at the same time by refusing to pay more for a REAL head coach.

TL, DR: Stop lying like a bitch, Auburn.
  • Options

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty

I love how Auburn himself admitted that he opposed hiring Ty yet was fucktarded enough to support him for 2.5 years...then he still for some insane reason supports Sark 4.5 years after opposing his hire.

In fact, I recall Auburndawg being impressed that UW was willing to spend a lot of money on a relative basis for a first time head coach when Sark was hired. He never understood when I attempted to explain to him that Emmert and Woodward were fucktarded enough to overpay (Sark could have been had for $250-500k less per season) AND be cheap at the same time by refusing to pay more for a REAL head coach.

TL, DR: Stop lying like a bitch, Auburn.
    That was a Marinerization move at its finest. The Mariners never want to spend big money to bring in a free agent who might make a difference, but they also don't want to not land anyone so fans are upset.

So they'll settle on a Chone Figgins for 9 million a year.

That is what UW did. They overpaid for an inexperienced coach to get the fucktards believing we are SERIOUS about football again that we just made him the 2nd highest paid coach in conference behind Carroll.

When in reality they went cheap. Had they offered let's say 5 million a year even with 0-12 they would have landed a top tier coach. In fact for 5 million I'm sure Mora tells the Seahawks to fuck off and bails.
  • Options
    GoGrellow said:

UW is where Arizona was in 2008 or 09 under Stoops. Solid recruiting had brought them up to an 8/9 win level, but it was a plateau instead of an upward trend. Arizona then proceeded to wait a year or two too long before firing him. Stoops had lost the ability to sell it as an up and coming program, killing their recruiting and setting Rodriguez back a year or two before he even started. It's not too late for UW, but the window is closing.

What's funny is in 2010 when a lot of us were bitching about Sark, Doogs kept bringing up Stoops.

"Look at Stoops he's in the top 10! You would have fired him too! Sark is going to be the next Stoops!"

Then Stoops proceeded to do his best Lambright in 1997 impression then bottomed out in 2011.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Obligatory:

Fuck off

Auburndawg:

Supported firing Skippy
    Opposed hiring Ty
    I recall being afraid he'd be what Sark is, or what he had been. Mediocre to poor with a couple good seasons that would make him hard to fire. Of course Sark hasnt lost a Rose Bowl or gone 9-3 so Ty was better at Stanford and nd than Sark here.

I didn't think Ty would go 11-25 then 0-12 but i hated the hire for what it said to fans who wanted championships. It said fuck off
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm still waiting for a head coach that can out coach dickheads like Mike fucking Leach.

I was spoiled as a child when we had Don James.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

A college football coach is 100% responsible for results. No excuses.

A CFB coach recruits the players and hires his own staff.

If the kids are too small or too slow, the coach should have recruited bigger, faster players.

If the kids don't execute the coach should have trained them better.

The job of the CFB coach is to get his school to its proper level of performance- what it should achieve given the Iron Laws: Location, Tradition, Money.

At Washington, that level is as follows:

Competing for the league championship most years
    Competing for a national championship once or twice per decade

The real debate is how long do you give a new coach to achieve that?

For Sark, to me this means the minimum standard this year is 9 total wins, but 10 is what would show real improvement and progress. Eight wins or less and he should be fired.

I offer this so perhaps people will stop misrepresenting what Auburndawg believes.

GFY, you fucking retard. I don't give a FUCK what you think. Among the many reasons I'm here now instead of Doogman is because I was worn out reading the mindless drivel that you and other similarly empty-headed posters rehash year after year. Even among all the other fucktarded fucktards on Doogman, your fucktardedness has singularly stood out over the years. The main problem, as I see it, is that you are too fucking stupid to understand how fucking stupid you really are. Even on Cougfarm I've seen you described as Doogman's "village idiot."

This is not a fucking whoosh. If you're looking for humor in this post, you won't find any. Go back to Doogman and Coogman and wherever else it is you normally post your stupid power rankings and all the other retarded shit you think anybody cares about (they don't), you stupid fuck. LEAVE!!! Seriously.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ^ You're aware that the harder you curb stomp aubbiedoog, the more he loves it, right?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,509
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

For Sark, to me this means the minimum standard this year is 9 total wins, but 10 is what would show real improvement and progress. Eight wins or less and he should be fired.

I offer this so perhaps people will stop misrepresenting what Auburndawg believes.

Bump.

You would have retained Sark for Year 6.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    When he lost to UCLA I said he should be fired.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Thank god that posts don't vanish like they never happened after 27 pages in the North Renton offices of Kim Jong Vino

A college football coach is 100% responsible for results. No excuses.

A CFB coach recruits the players and hires his own staff.

If the kids are too small or too slow, the coach should have recruited bigger, faster players.

[Teq: Or found them a strength and conditioning coach that could help them get bigger and faster]

If the kids don't execute the coach should have trained COACHED them better.

At Washington, that level is as follows:

Competing for the league championship most years
    Competing for a national championship once or twice per decade

The real debate is how long do you give a new coach to achieve that?

[Teq: By your rules Aubbie, Sark should still be hanging out w/ Nansen at Joey's downing tequila shots while taking the boat out on the water with a sorority house like it's one big frat party ... if you have flat metrics that hide the details (which Sark was sorely lacking in) from your decision making process, then you're bound to make ill-informed decisions. Only PatHadenFS is too FS to realize that Sark's "lack of performance" had everything to do with his "skill" as a coach and not tied to the school he coached for. I'm looking forward to the 2016 USC trip up to Seattle when we're the beneficiaries of Sark getting blown out of the fucking water in yet another road game. I'll actually be disappointed if he's shitted on himself enough by that point to not make it to that game in Seattle]

And Aubbie, we know what you believe in ... it's higher than the standards that most in North Renton have but lower than those that most around here have.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Bump.

You would have retained Sark for Year 6.
    Sark only won 8 games.

We would've lost against BYU since Ross wouldn't have returned the KO for a TD and four of our players would've had ACL tears.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Auburndawg starting this thread

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

When he lost to UCLA I said he should be fired.

So what did you say after ASU then!? You think Sark should have been let back on the plane after that one?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer