Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DO THE MATH FUCKTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Pete said he wanted the time out before the fg kick...he requested it twice... the refs let zona kick the ball instead....Pete said he should have been clearer with the refs......

Never been of fan of icing the kicker

There is nothing that shows icing the kicker works. In fact I'd say it's bad to do it.

Especially when they let you kick like today.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Pete said he wanted the time out before the fg kick...he requested it twice... the refs let zona kick the ball instead....Pete said he should have been clearer with the refs......

I can confirm that Petersen made multiple requests for the timeout and the official never granted it to him until the last possible moment.

The refs were fucking terrible the entire game ... why would they stop at the end.

Petersen saying that he should have been clearer with the refs is him taking the high road in the situation ... he was abundantly clear with him about his intentions.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

There is nothing that shows icing the kicker works. In fact I'd say it's bad to do it.

Especially when they let you kick like today.
    it gives them a warm up kick

fuck petersen with a rusty cheese grater
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

topdawgnc said:

You girls are a bit over wrought on the clock deal. If you can't execute a hand off to burn their last time out you don't deserve to win. This was death by a thousand cuts by a team that gave maximum effort which is far more important in the long run.

Losses are always on the coach and there is plenty to blame him for.

But all that matters is if he can rebuild a program here and it's just too early to say either way.

Big picture this game was encouraging. Look at the prediction thread....unanimous blow out predictions

This team is better today than it was in September and it is missing a lot of guys.

Let it play out

This is the why the hand off does not distract me.

9 out of 10 coaches run that exact play.

I can't for the life of me understand why he let the clock run down at the end of the game, especially with Ross.
    Because Arizonas kicker is a choke artist. He shouldn't have called the time out he did

And we should be able to kick an extra point
    That's irrelevant. If Arizona's kicker misses, you kneel the ball once and the game is over. Petersen limiting his options was really fucking stupid. It probably wouldn't have made a difference, but it's pretty basic shit.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    the last ten years have nothing to do with our current coach. As fans it has been a brutal ten years, but I won't let that shit decade effect my opinion of our current coach.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

the last ten years have nothing to do with our current coach. As fans it has been a brutal ten years, but I won't let that shit decade effect my opinion of our current coach.

Fucking This
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

2-5, a sloppy and soft team should be all that is needed. One more loss is worse than any Sark year.

The point is that "Wait until next year. Or wait for the foundation. Or wait until he gets his guys in there" has been said for years on these boards for 10+ years. We can judge next year when it's next year. This year has been a dreckfest.
    I know it has been said for years, I've seen it too. But I personally believe those statements actually have weight now. Just because it has been said for years for previous crappy coaches doesn't mean it won't ever be true.

All that said, I agree this year disappointed me too.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Roaddawg is right. This year has been a shit show. If we had an average offense the team would have been a top 25 team and the offense has fucking sucked.

He is the highest paid coach at a public school in the conference and so far the ROI has been shit. I hope it turns around next year but I would bet against it. Especially if there is no revamping of the offense. Our talent will be younger next year. With the exception of our secondary these team is full of upperclassmen.

Not winning 5 or 6 conference games is unacceptable. I know he is going to be here at least another 3 years but right now it has been shit.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

topdawgnc said:

Even Neuheisal was making comparisons to the Cuogar Bowl game last year. He was incensed. It was priceless.

That's cuz Rick was one of the best game day coaches we ahve ever had. Whatever his other flaws were, that mother fucker could survive and adapt with whatv he had to work with.

Pete is acting like this entire season is a tryout for the players Sark left behind. Yet, I haven't seen a single moment that makes me think our coach gave us an edge or an advantage over the opposition.

We looked dumb and sloppy in the pre-season, and the progress during conference play has been incremental at best.

Sark was a fucktard, but this team still ahs enough talent to not make this look so hard.
    11-1
    8-4
    7-6

Yeah ... he was one hell of a game day coach.

4-8
    7-6
    4-8
    6-7

Yep. Still one hell of a game day coach at UCLA.
    I'm talking about in-game adjustments, not just overall record.

Petersen ahs a great W-L record, yet I haven't seena big adjustment, call all season.

Get it now???
    Get your head out your cunt tommy. You Dont know what the hell your flappin about.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

topdawgnc said:

Even Neuheisal was making comparisons to the Cuogar Bowl game last year. He was incensed. It was priceless.

That's cuz Rick was one of the best game day coaches we ahve ever had. Whatever his other flaws were, that mother fucker could survive and adapt with whatv he had to work with.

Pete is acting like this entire season is a tryout for the players Sark left behind. Yet, I haven't seen a single moment that makes me think our coach gave us an edge or an advantage over the opposition.

We looked dumb and sloppy in the pre-season, and the progress during conference play has been incremental at best.

Sark was a fucktard, but this team still ahs enough talent to not make this look so hard.
    11-1
    8-4
    7-6

Yeah ... he was one hell of a game day coach.

4-8
    7-6
    4-8
    6-7

Yep. Still one hell of a game day coach at UCLA.
    I'm talking about in-game adjustments, not just overall record.

Petersen ahs a great W-L record, yet I haven't seena big adjustment, call all season.

Get it now???
    Get your head out your cunt tommy. You Dont know what the hell your flappin about.
    Did you independently verify this by confirming with FRANNY?