Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Perspective...

We could have should have won, but....

Put yourself in the shoes of a zona fan that game.
- they're getting gashed all game.
- They're throwing deep bombs to the end zone when they just needed to get in field goal range. Playcalling was questionable.
- Couldn't run
- Stupid play by Griffey
- The fumble late in the game
- Played poorly against Colorado

Yeah, wins, baby -- Zona has em, but I would hazard a guess that the zona fans were beside themselves almost the entire game.

You know what fixes it for us?

Better players. Petermen, Sark, Rick, DJ. They all make/made mistakes, all were open to criticism at time. They all seemed like good/great coaches when they had studs.

Outside of Shelton, Kikaha, Shaq, who by the way are all on defense, we don't have any studs. More studs=wins. Would better players ( just a few ) have gotten us to 10 wins with this coaching staff? If Sankey and Price were here, for example.

Coaches are going to make mistakes and I have faith that this ship will turn around. I saw progress today and did not expect to win. Of course I wanted to win. We just don't have the players. The fact we almost won is actually a credit to the coaches. We have virtually nothing on offense that is pac-12 caliber. Seriously. Name a offensive player that starts on one of the better pac-12 teams.

Now does that mean I'm happy? Of course not. Absolutely not. My kids told me to calm down and stop yelling at the TV multiple times during the game. The game was there. Talent is a factor. Coaching is a factor, too.

We're going to have this coach for a while. Let's hope he recruits well.

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Talent is a factor. Coaching is a factor, too.

Talent was not really a factor today. We had the better players.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Put yourself in the shoes of a zona fan that game.
    - they're getting gashed all game.
    - They're throwing deep bombs to the end zone when they just needed to get in field goal range. Playcalling was questionable.
    - Couldn't run
    - Stupid play by Griffey
    - The fumble late in the game
    - Played poorly against Colorado

Yeah, wins, baby -- Zona has em, but I would hazard a guess that the zona fans were beside themselves almost the entire game.

You know what fixes it for us?

Better players. Petermen, Sark, Rick, DJ. They all make/made mistakes, all were open to criticism at time. They all seemed like good/great coaches when they had studs.

Outside of Shelton, Kikaha, Shaq, who by the way are all on defense, we don't have any studs. More studs=wins. Would better players ( just a few ) have gotten us to 10 wins with this coaching staff? If Sankey and Price were here, for example.

Coaches are going to make mistakes and I have faith that this ship will turn around. I saw progress today and did not expect to win. Of course I wanted to win. We just don't have the players. The fact we almost won is actually a credit to the coaches. We have virtually nothing on offense that is pac-12 caliber. Seriously. Name a offensive player that starts on one of the better pac-12 teams.

Now does that mean I'm happy? Of course not. Absolutely not. My kids told me to calm down and stop yelling at the TV multiple times during the game. The game was there. Talent is a factor. Coaching is a factor, too.

We're going to have this coach for a while. Let's hope he recruits well.

TL;DR

FO
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think Pete will turn this Titanic around eventually but f perspective at the moment..

6-5 is like fucking 1988...listening to the fucking Kal game we barely pulled out on KIRO.. .we expect better God damnit. THIS IS WASHINGTON
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    BS. Most of UW's WRs were ranked 4-5 stars. Stop lying to yourself. UW really lacks a big-time RB. Peterman better get two now. UW needs a real punter too - Durkee is erratic.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    priapism said:

BS. Most of UW's WRs were ranked 4-5 stars. Stop lying to yourself. UW really lacks a big-time RB. Peterman better get two now. UW needs a real punter too - Durkee is erratic.

Kill yourself.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

Fuck perspective! I'm really fucking sick and tired of perspective.

Perspective is almost as bad as Moral Victories.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    FUCK stars. Simple question.

Which offensive players do we have that would start for Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Oregon, or Stanford.

Which ones?