Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Where do you guys want UW basketball posts to go?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,331 Founders Club
edited November 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
I feel like they should go in the NBA Hot Talk bored, but as someone pointed out, that bored is relatively empty compared to the heavy traffic here.

Where do you guys want UW basketball posts to go? 41 votes

On the Hardcore Husky main board
26%
mobey2001400exbrianwwu29doogsinparadisebiak1whatshouldicareaboutBayDawgHuskiesADWKoolAidManFreeChavezBrothaString 11 votes
In NBA Hot Talk and other Boring Shit Board
51%
DerekJohnsonTierbsHsotBoobsRaceBannonSwayetopdawgncPurpleBazeRoadDawg55Mad_SonAZDuckGladstoneCokeGreaterThanPepsidncdrogginspriapismH_DThe_UndertakerDardanusVegasdawgEwaDawgORdawg 21 votes
Janet Reno
21%
HouhuskyFire_Marshall_BillFecal_MatterLoneStarDawgSpoonieLuvTequillapawzGrundleStiltzkinCitrus4Troogs 9 votes

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,513 Founders Club
    edited November 2014
    Janet Reno
    I'm not trying to be an asshole, but there's the Duck Board and no Husky b-ball bored.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

If only there was a way to create another message board or change the name of a current one.

I guess we'll just have to wait until technology catches up with us.

It wasn't so much an issue of new board/renaming a board, but one of traffic, and whether the traffic here wants all Husky sports in one board or not.

The game thread in the Hardcore Husky forum generated over 3 times the volume of the game thread in the basketball forum during the game and even had a follow-up discussion after. To me, it seems like there'd be more discussion of UWMBB if the topics were concentrated here since many patrons don't even visit the other boards. Then again, I realize this is WASHINGTON, dammit, and many of us want a forum for football only.
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    How about starting a "Doing less with more" board?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    droggins said:

How about starting a "Doing less with more" board?

Could just rename the HH bored that.
  • VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    I come here to discuss Husky football, the basketball talk in my opinion should be relegated to a separate board. Plus I have not watched with much interest, basketball, for decades.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Up woodwards ass
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Janet Reno
    When you choose the abundance route and have all of the boards posts show up on your front page ... why does it matter?

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Create Suite 16 for it ...
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

If only there was a way to create another message board or change the name of a current one.

It wasn't so much an issue of new board/renaming a board, but one of traffic, and whether the traffic here wants all Husky sports in one board or not.

The game thread in the Hardcore Husky forum generated over 3 times the volume of the game thread in the basketball forum during the game and even had a follow-up discussion after. To me, it seems like there'd be more discussion of UWMBB if the topics were concentrated here since many patrons don't even visit the other boards. Then again, I realize this is WASHINGTON, dammit, and many of us want a forum for football only.
    Good point. I'd like to change my vote
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,521 Standard Supporter
    Fuck the UW basketball posts queery pushpin.

Pushpin the Bounce thread instead.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
    Janet Reno
    Can we just say anywhere but the HH bored?
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,544 Founders Club
    I just hit the discussions tab and see what the current talk is about. I don't even know what bored i'm posting in unless i start the post. Seems like a lot of bitching over nothing.
    edited November 2014

Supply and demand.

This board generates 3 times the traffic because people actually give a fuck about football.

If people gave a fuck about basketball, then that board would generate 3 times the traffic.

If we start posting basketball here, then some fag will want us to include soccer and then a queer will want softball ...

Take it to the BB board.
  • BrothaStringBrothaString Member Posts: 218
    This isn't the Hardcore Husky Football Board, it's the Hardcore Husky Board. I know it says come and discuss college football, but really this is the main board for all things UW. I've never gone to the NBA Boring Shit board and I wouldn't even know about it if I didn't see people mention it once every blue moon. I don't see why it's a problem to have basketball discussed here. If you don't want to see the basketball talk, just don't click on the post. New people coming here looking for Husky basketball talk wouldn't think to go to the Boring Shit board.

This isn't the Hardcore Husky Football Board, it's the Hardcore Husky Board. I know it says come and discuss college football, but really this is the main board for all things UW. I've never gone to the NBA Boring Shit board and I wouldn't even know about it if I didn't see people mention it once every blue moon. I don't see why it's a problem to have basketball discussed here. If you don't want to see the basketball talk, just don't click on the post. New people coming here looking for Husky basketball talk wouldn't think to go to the Boring Shit board.

So you can't critically think
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    When husky basketball shows a pulse, they should be moved to the HH main board, until then NBA board is fine.