Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on Jonathan Smith

13»

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All this requires creativity by your OC, which we have none. I agree completely, as the staff failed greatly in utilizing his abilities and getting him the ball.

It's nice seeing him get time on the field, though it'd be really nice to see the fastest guy on the team get chances at taking it to the house. More so than his 1 or 2 plays on offense.

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Thinking about Smith's handling of Ross, one of the most explosive playmakers in the country, makes me want to break something. Unbelievable.

Ross' only offensive asset is his speed ... nothing else about playing WR he does very well.
    That is an assumption. I can't recall Ross ever dropping a pass. Elite speed, ability to make people miss, good hands. There are 3 traits he does well that factor into playing WR.

Ross is already starting at CB and probably the best CB on the team. I'm not complaining about the move, but I think it's fair to say Ross' ability wasn't optimized on offense.

I haven't seen much creativity in using him. I personally think he should have been used more like DAT. Move him around, put him in the backfield sometimes with another back, sometimes by himself, in the slot, out wide. Ross mostly played on the outside, which may not be what he is suited for. I think he's more of a utility guy and a weapon then strictly an outside WR.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tui- Alexis style option with Shaq and which ever Qb can run it, with hot routes to Ross and Kasen or Daniels up the middle. It's not rocket science