Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Opening Spread is UCLA -5

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Do we or do we not get back Riva, Charles, Coleman, and Washington?

I like Paul Perkins but UCLA's OL isn't that good and struggles in pass-protection. Jordan Payton is pretty good but their WRs are pretty pedestrian so we might be able to get away with Feeney or Littleton as spies often (assuming Shaq is at RB again). If Coleman or Washington comes back, maybe Shaq then.

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'd be shocked if Shaq plays D at this point. We don't need to break it down unit by unit, we're at home and we can fucking beat them. End of story.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So is that your way of saying you like UW +5?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

So is that your way of saying you like UW +5?

Give it a couple days. I bet (swidt) the LA money gives you a better price later in the week.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,473
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If we can play like Utah, (0 turnovers, limiting Hundley to negative yards rushing) I think we have a great chance of winning this game.

UCLA has given up 30 sacks in 9 games this year. I like how our DL matches up against their OL, except in short-yardage situations where were blown up on goalline last year. Our 3rd down defense has been awful lately, and that's because we've given up decent yardage on 1st and 2nd downs. If we can get them in 3rd and long, like we did with ASU, I like our chances. Otherwise, I can see this being a replay of Oregon or the first half against Colorado.

Utah was able to beat UCLA with worse QB play than Miles, going 12/18 for 100 yards and 1 TD. The key here was that they didn't turn the ball over, and that's what we'll need from our offense this week... that and ~200 yard rushing. If Shaq runs like he did last week and we call for Miles to keep it more often, I can see the offense being adequate and allowing the defense to win the game for us (again).
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Surprised how bullish people are. Yes, UCLA is suspect. But they've put a lot more "good" on tape than UW.

UW still lacks a quality win.

• Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    not to mention UW has been UCLA's bitch historically... so many brutal and seasonal kicks in the balls to even recall.

yes, a bitch with balls... ask Splooge, they are all over Chiang Mai, Thailand.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UCLA wins rather easily...
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,593
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can't decide whether or not to bet UCLA on the money line or give the points. Shit, I'll throw 500.00 at the Bruins winning by a TD or more.

HTH
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    UCLA's o-line is healthy again and is giving Hundley plenty of time in the pocket. The problem is Hundley is a shitty thrower and decision maker so that extra time in the pocket is not doing anything.