Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Advanced Metrics Look at 2003-2012

This is from DawgPassion206...

In Sark's 4 years, out of the SRS & Sagarin rankings, not once has he been in the top 35. 0 for 8. The overall rankings are not much different from 2006-2007. The same can be said for recruiting. Stars per player was strongest last season but that is because of the new recruiting regime and not Sark's original regime with Johnny Nansen leading it. Also, compare 2012 to 2009 and the numbers are nearly identical across the board.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
    Here's a metric - 7-6. Take this to the no one gives a fuck about baseball metrics bored
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Here's a metric - 7-6. Take this to the no one gives a fuck about baseball metrics bored

Texas A&M was 7-6 before they had a top 5 season. Auburn was 8-5 the year before they went 14-0. Stanford was 8-5 before they went 12-1. Alabama was 7-6 before going 12-2. The advanced metrics tell us there is no chance of that happening at UW while some will believe in that hope.

Fuck off back to your hole though.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    If you're HereToBeatYourChest, you won't last long.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    low tweaks abound
  • IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158

Texas A&M was 7-6 before they had a top 5 season. Auburn was 8-5 the year before they went 14-0. Stanford was 8-5 before they went 12-1. Alabama was 7-6 before going 12-2. The advanced metrics tell us there is no chance of that happening at UW while some will believe in that hope.

Two Heisman Trophy winners and a runner up had a good laugh at you trying to give coaches the credit for those improvements. Chizik says Hi!!!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club

How did auburn do after newton? That's what I though bill fucking James wannabe
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

Two Heisman Trophy winners and a runner up had a good laugh at you trying to give coaches the credit for those improvements. Chizik says Hi!!!!!
    Here's a metric everyone can agree on:

LEAVE!

How did auburn do after newton? That's what I though bill fucking James wannabe
    You plagiarize my post.......then vote it down. That's what I'm talking about Willis!!!!!
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    i dont think anyone is expecting a BCS type of season from UW...as all the schools you mentioned went to BCS games.

winning 10+ this year is not impossible and i think very realistic. blind squirrels find nuts too. we have the pieces to make a run. the fear of this situation is the inevitable 5 yr extension Sark would receive and how his trajectory would then project into 2014 and beyond.

I dont want Sark to fail....I want UW to be great and that's not doogish. While i am truly conflicted on Sark and his many shortcomings....Whatever the path of least resistance to getting UW great again, I'm in favor of. If that's with Sark, he better fucking pop off this year, and im not talking about a Joey's waitress. If he doesn't win 10+, door. ass. out. UW has to pay for this stadium....i think Sark's leash may be shorter than the public believes. 2/3 full HS doesn't pay the bills.

but.....then who does Woodward hire to replace him? Pat Hill is available. at the end of the day, it's all fucked. the problem is still many layers above the Head Coach.
    edited August 2013

i dont think anyone is expecting a BCS type of season from UW...as all the schools you mentioned went to BCS games.

winning 10+ this year is not impossible and i think very realistic. blind squirrels find nuts too. we have the pieces to make a run. the fear of this situation is the inevitable 5 yr extension Sark would receive and how his trajectory would then project into 2014 and beyond.

I dont want Sark to fail....I want UW to be great and that's not doogish. While i am truly conflicted on Sark and his many shortcomings....Whatever the path of least resistance to getting UW great again, I'm in favor of. If that's with Sark, he better fucking pop off this year, and im not talking about a Joey's waitress. If he doesn't win 10+, door. ass. out. UW has to pay for this stadium....i think Sark's leash may be shorter than the public believes. 2/3 full HS doesn't pay the bills.

but.....then who does Woodward hire to replace him? Pat Hill is available. at the end of the day, it's all fucked. the problem is still many layers above the Head Coach.

54K/70K = 2/3.......Nice math.

Just an FYI.............................. Ticket Sales don't pay the bills........TV money says Hi!!!!!!

Just stick to saying 7-6 isn't good enough. Wins are all that matter. Quit trying so damn hard.

PS. Pat Hill? Really? This is the University of Washington....Damnit!!!
    IMALOSER_ said:

Just an FYI.............................. Ticket Sales don't pay the bills........TV money says Hi!!!!!!

Just stick to saying 7-6 isn't good enough. Wins are all that matter. Quit trying so damn hard.
    fucking Howard Lincoln.

DIAF
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    boy you are a real stupid son of a bitch aren't you? 100% total fucktard.

your little fucking thread keeping you here is about to break btw.
    edited August 2013

IMALOSER_ said:

fucking Howard Lincoln.

DIAF
    How is stating that 7-6 isn't good enough, wins are all that matters and pointing out TV pays the bills = Howard Lincoln. I'm pretty sure that is about as opposite as you can get.

I just want to know why everyone needs to try to twist everything into a negative about the Husky Football Program? The product and being 7-6 should be enough without trying to make up a ticket sales argument or using a flawed metric. Stick to the facts.... 7-6,7-6,7-6 just isn't fucking good enough.