Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire j smith tonight

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,607
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Nick Holt of offense

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Worst play calling in history
    ..dumpster fire
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Coop.6.4 per clip
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DJ says it's not his fault though#!!
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,998
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is it possible that expecting Williams to do better than Miles (despite JS calling the plays) was just FS?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    fucking Irishdoog and his NCAA xbox expertise would be exponential improvement over Smith, at this point
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Time for the Veer.

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    CaptainPJ said:

He's not a Pac12 OC - this is evident

The way he has several of the players trying to make big plays like they were still in high school, I'm not sure Smith is a competent college OC.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    VERY winnable. Smith has no clue what he is doing. Cooper was under utilized the dude makes plays. Shaq was great but they needed him on D on critical late drives.

Also, Taylor Kelly's TD pass to strong was a dead give away and the D got toasted on it.

Smith chose not to establish Cooper early and that was a massive mistake.

They should have yanked Williams and run Lindquist, Cooper, shaq.

But when you bring out Lindquist and Ross together it again is a dead give away to the D. Linquist is a beast runner.

Have no faith in what they are trying accomplish on offense.

Also this staff has chosen to feature Mickens which is just a total joke......total joke...
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I just don't think that there's a lot to work with on offense.

ASU didn't play a safety further than 7-10 yards off the LOS all night tonight ... the fact that we didn't take a single shot speaks volumes to me.

The entire night tonight was depressing ...

To me, there's just not much to work with. We don't have a QB worth a shit. We really don't have a RB worth a shit. Ross is a huge mystery to me because it's easy to say he needs to get the ball more, but how do you get him the ball? Outside of Ross, there isn't a single offensive player that can cause the defense any pause whatsoever. It's just flat out pathetic when you think about it. How much of that is on Petersen versus what he was left over?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Shaq ad Cooper looked just fine running the ball Smith chose to fuck around most of the night.

Williams sucked but put too much on his plate. ASU's D isn't very good.

Smith chose not to commit to the run early and paid for it with another shitty loss.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like how they manage to only give Ross the ball when they can be sure to put him in awful situations.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yep, Smith has zero rhythm in his offense. He is an utter disaster thus far.

The most inept offense I have ever seen. QB or no QB Smith is lost.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Tequilla said:

I just don't think that there's a lot to work with on offense.

ASU didn't play a safety further than 7-10 yards off the LOS all night tonight ... the fact that we didn't take a single shot speaks volumes to me.

The entire night tonight was depressing ...

To me, there's just not much to work with. We don't have a QB worth a shit. We really don't have a RB worth a shit. Ross is a huge mystery to me because it's easy to say he needs to get the ball more, but how do you get him the ball? Outside of Ross, there isn't a single offensive player that can cause the defense any pause whatsoever. It's just flat out pathetic when you think about it. How much of that is on Petersen versus what he was left over?

They threw a 20 yard pass with a minute left, and it goes off the receiver's hands and asu takes it back for six.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    So should ASU fire their OC after tonight's game?

After all UW outgained ASU on offense 290 to 285.

UW had more rushing attempts (46 to 43) and yards (151 to 105) than ASU. The difference in this game was the 3 killer turnovers by our freshman QB. Compare that to ASU who only had 1. I don't know what to say if you can't see that.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Smith has taken the hit all season. I think he has been forced to do things due to injuries and lack of quality players surrounding green quarterbacks.