Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW season ticket sales lagging?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.
    Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side.

Stop being a fucking apologist and just look at the facts for a change. Next thing you will tell us is the reason there was a waiting list 20 years ago is we didn't have major league soccer.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920721&slug=1503214
    Wait a minute. When did we switch the conversation to ticket sales are down from 20 years ago? I thought we were discussing ticket sales as lagging in the current environment.

So I guess Mariner ticket sales are soaring.......... I mean if we are going to compare them to sales 20 years ago.

Ticket sales are up this year. No matter how you slice it. Mostly because of New Stadium and Apple Cup.

There actually wasn't a waiting list 20 years ago. It disappeared with James. Has nothing to do with soccer. It has to do with winning football games. Seahawks waiting list disappeared a few years ago......guess what.....it's back.
    You said you weren't sure they could sell the tyee seats DJ (I call him DJ) found even in good years. I called bullshit because in the past they have done just that. Win and those seats are sold. Period. Case Closed. End Of Discussion.
    They were not charging $1000 a ticket for "crappy" Tyee Seats. Not even if you adjust for inflation.

Same seats for the Seahawks are $840 for 8 regular season games and 2 scrimmages.

UW - $142/game
    Sehawks - $84/game or $105/game if you don't count preseason.

If a football fan who is not a UW alum has a choice of which one to buy, even if they both suck or both are good. Not a tough decision.
    I paid about $600. Pretty close to $1000 in today's dollars. And I waited 2 years to do it.
    I paid $300 and sat in section 18 Row S. Pretty stupid to pay that kind of money for shitty tickets. I guess that's what happens to bandwagon fans who want tickets.

You're a dumbfuck. The point of your post was you didn't think they would sell those Tyee seats even if they were winning more games. In the past they clearly did sell that level of tyee ticket when they were winning more games and in fact had a waiting list for them. So just shut the fuck up already and admit you don't know what you are talking about. It's about wins and you want to pretend it's not.

Don't worry about us bandwagoners with money to burn.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IMALOSER_ said:

Seriously run this loser pool boy sarkspoligist piece of shit now. If you want to be a dumbass doog that's fine but if you're just here to suck admin cock then you're gone. Ticket sales suck because the team has for a decade and the current coach and ad still suck.

Ticket Sales are on the rise. That is the facts. They are selling more tickets this year than last. UW will once again be in the top 3 in attendance in the Pac-12. If you are hoping Woody fires Sark because of ticket sales.......not going to happen. Especially now with the TV money. Hell WSU can draw 10K fans to a game and pay Leach his multli millions. Tickets sales don't matter any longer, it's all about TV money.
    Holy fuck...you actually made a decent post for once.

Of course, the ticket sales are on the rise for hype rather than performance, but we'll let that part of the post slide.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,469
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ticket sales are at 47 k according to your fellow doog. That sucks. Like you. Nice mention of WSU doog. Who the fuck cares?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Ticket sales are at 47 k according to your fellow doog. That sucks. Like you. Nice mention of WSU doog. Who the fuck cares?

When UW was a championship level program season ticket sales were about 65k. Now 47k is a enough for Imaloser to say Woody is doing a fine job. I would bet around 10k of those tickets are because of the new stadium and if the team shits the bed a few times and goes 7-6 they will lose at least half of those 10k.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

It was to show that in today's college football you don't need to sell tickets to pay a coach. With TV money any school in the Pac-12 can pay $3million+ . Thinking ticket sales will effect an AD's decision about a coach doesn't hold water.

I know you are senile and it's tough to follow along.

PS. Ticket sales are not at 47K. UW has never sold only season tickets. UW never sold 72,000 season tickets. HTH.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

When UW was a championship level program season ticket sales were about 65k. Now 47k is a enough for Imaloser to say Woody is doing a fine job. I would bet around 10k of those tickets are because of the new stadium and if the team shits the bed a few times and goes 7-6 they will lose at least half of those 10k.
    I remember in the 1990's against San Jose State you'd still draw over 70,000 fans.

When was the last time Husky Stadium had a true sell out? I'm not talking about a sell out vs a Nebraska where a big bulk of the stadium is wearing red either.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IMALOSER_ said:

It was to show that in today's college football you don't need to sell tickets to pay a coach. With TV money any school in the Pac-12 can pay $3million+ . Thinking ticket sales will effect an AD's decision about a coach doesn't hold water.

PS. Ticket sales are not at 47K. UW has never sold only season tickets. UW never sold 72,000 season tickets. HTH.
    UW sold 66k season tickets and saved the rest for visitors and such. Go read Damone's link earlier in the thread.
  • Options

I remember in the 1990's against San Jose State you'd still draw over 70,000 fans.

When was the last time Husky Stadium had a true sell out? I'm not talking about a sell out vs a Nebraska where a big bulk of the stadium is wearing red either.
    Now that you mention it.....I hated seeing all that Blue and Gold in Husky Stadium.
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    When I started Tyee in the early 2000's I had to sit in the same shitty nose bleed seats on the north side. but non-donors were sitting in the first row of the upper deck. WTF? At least couldn't really see the debacle on the field. Stupid purple ants played worse than Goofy on Football. Speaking of, if this doesn't get you pumped for Dawgball then you are dead inside. youtube.com/watch?v=J5gAG3Xe2hc How do I embed a video in this mother?

IMALOSER_ said:

Not sure they would sell those in the good years for that price.
    Good christ....really? You do realize that UW had a waiting list at one time for Tyee seats that were worse than these. I know because I spent two years on the waiting list and was then given the privilege to sit in the second row from the top of the North side.

Stop being a fucking apologist and just look at the facts for a change. Next thing you will tell us is the reason there was a waiting list 20 years ago is we didn't have major league soccer.

community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920721&slug=1503214
    Wait a minute. When did we switch the conversation to ticket sales are down from 20 years ago? I thought we were discussing ticket sales as lagging in the current environment.

So I guess Mariner ticket sales are soaring.......... I mean if we are going to compare them to sales 20 years ago.

Ticket sales are up this year. No matter how you slice it. Mostly because of New Stadium and Apple Cup.

There actually wasn't a waiting list 20 years ago. It disappeared with James. Has nothing to do with soccer. It has to do with winning football games. Seahawks waiting list disappeared a few years ago......guess what.....it's back.
    You said you weren't sure they could sell the tyee seats DJ (I call him DJ) found even in good years. I called bullshit because in the past they have done just that. Win and those seats are sold. Period. Case Closed. End Of Discussion.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

For shits sake. Where did I say they ever sold 72k season tickets? And where did I say they had to sell out their season tickets to pay a coach?

But I realize when you say something stupid and wrong, the best defense it to throw up some red herring arguments.

Listen carefully....very carefully.... You said you didn't think they would sell out the $1000 tyee seats even if they were winning...I proved to you (I even linked it) that in the past when they were winning they not only sold out comparably priced seats, there was a waiting list. Now please shut the fuck up about it before you look dumber than you already do,

It might be more fun to let him continue.
  • Options

For shits sake. Where did I say they ever sold 72k season tickets? And where did I say they had to sell out their season tickets to pay a coach?

But I realize when you say something stupid and wrong, the best defense it to throw up some red herring arguments.

Listen carefully....very carefully.... You said you didn't think they would sell out the $1000 tyee seats even if they were winning...I proved to you (I even linked it) that in the past when they were winning they not only sold out comparably priced seats, there was a waiting list. Now please shut the fuck up about it before you look dumber than you already do,

Those seats were not even Tyee at the time. The Athletic Department has expanded the Tyee seating area. Trying to compare $20 tickets of 1992 to $142 of today. Doog on!!!!

A $20 ticket (from your article) in 1992 is the same as a $33.30 ticket in 2013.

If UW won a Rose Bowl this year they still wouldn't sell out the Tyee 450 tickets. They wouldn't even come close to selling out the Tyee 750 tickets. People have 3D Televisions.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

Those seats were not even Tyee at the time. The Athletic Department has expanded the Tyee seating area. Trying to compare $20 tickets of 1992 to $142 of today. Doog on!!!!

A $20 ticket (from your article) in 1992 is the same as a $33.30 ticket in 2013.

If UW won a Rose Bowl this year they still wouldn't sell out the Tyee 450 tickets. They wouldn't even come close to selling out the Tyee 750 tickets. People have 3D Televisions.

Look at my thumb... Gee you're dumb

gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=208780560

usctrojans.com/blog/2012/10/2013-season-ticket-wait-list.html

goducks.com/fls/500/pages/ticketoffice/fb/F12-online-letter.pdf
  • Options
    edited August 2013

IMALOSER_ said:

You stupid fucker.

From your own article.

"Stanford football season tickets are now sold out with over 33,000 tickets sold."

Wow they sold 14K fewer than UW. Good for you Stanford.

Why do you link an Oregon article? UW will play a minimum of 3 games at home this year that have more fans than any Oregon game at Autism(I like to call it that because it makes you call me a doog).

Guess what......If UW had a 40K seat stadium like Stanford.......they would have a waiting list.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,469
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

Ticket sales are at 47 k according to your fellow doog. That sucks. Like you. Nice mention of Wlike oog. Who the fuck cares?

Again, who the fuck cares? Your a fan so that your team can keep a shitty coach even with bad ticket sales? That means something to you? Great. Go fuck yourself. The program sucks like you suck cock and here you are defending it. Again again and again. Run him
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

You stupid fucker.

From your own article.

"Stanford football season tickets are now sold out with over 33,000 tickets sold."

Why do you link an Oregon article? UW will play a minimum of 3 games at home this year that have more fans than any Oregon game at Autism(I like to call it that because it makes you call me a doog).

Guess what......If UW had a 40K seat stadium like Stanford.......they would have a waiting list.
    And USC?

All stadiums that hadn't been selling out until winning started. Fuck you're dumb fuck.

• Options
    edited August 2013

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

You stupid fucker.

From your own article.

And USC?

All stadiums that hadn't been selling out until winning started. Fuck you're dumb fuck.

Oh, I get it now. They are real fans. They vote at the turn style. Unlike stupid fucking Husky Fans that support a crappy product. I wish we had a fan base like Oregon and Stanford that won't stand for mediocrity. 47K fucking morons. They should all just wait until we win a National Title and then get on the waiting list.

It's kind of tough arguing with you and Race. You think it's awesome to sell 33K tickets and Race says 47K sucks. It makes it hard for me to form my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

You stupid fucker.

From your own article.

And USC?

Oh, I get it now. They are real fans. They vote at the turn style. Unlike stupid fucking Husky Fans that support a crappy product. I wish we had a fan base like Oregon and Stanford that won't stand for mediocrity. 47K fucking morons. They should all just wait until we win a National Title and then get on the waiting list.

It's kind of tough arguing with you and Race. You think it's awesome to sell 33K tickets and Race says 47K sucks. It makes it hard for me to form my opinion.
    Do you ever have a point or do you just throw shit around hoping it sticks? How many times does Damone have to show you FACTS that if you win they will come.

Why is it whenever you make a stupid point and someone calls you on it you always change the argument mid argument?

Like Race said run this fuck now.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

You stupid fucker.

From your own article.

And USC?

Do you ever have a point or do you just throw shit around hoping it sticks? How many times does Damone have to show you FACTS that if you win they will come.

Why is it whenever you make a stupid point and someone calls you on it you always change the argument mid argument?

Like Race said run this fuck now.
    What do you mean win and they will come? We are already there. We already draw more than the two most dominant Pac-12 programs of the 21st century. (USC cheated, they don't count)