Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen's comments...presented without comment

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    AZDuck said:

I support Canard's efforts in this thread.

He's staking out the Peterman-is-Hawkins turf pretty early on. It *has* always been the knock on Boise that they did not have to deal with the week-in, week-out grind of a major conference schedule.

Interestingly, if you subtract Kellen Moore's time at Boise (50-3!) - then Peterman's record with the Broncoz was a very respectable 42-9 (.786).

While .786 is quite good, you can also easily discern that it is at least one standard deviation below what BSU achieved with Moore, and deduce that there was a QB effect at work.

Combine that with the overall trendline (Peterman's last year at Boise with Southwick, they were not very good), and I think a reality-based anti-Peterman argument exists.

Nota bene: 2007 was the year Peterman lost to Ty; 2008 was Kellen Moore's first year under center.

petersen has plenty to prove. However you cannot just credit 2008-2011 to just kellen moore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_draft
    in 2012, BSU put 6 players into the NFL, 2 1st rounders. Those teams were a lot more than just KM.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

topdawgnc said:

And from an earlier post ...

Kids in Texas don't dream of moving to Eugene ...

I never claimed they did, and I said that even though UO tries recruiting the big-time players, more often than not they lose out to a UCLA, USC, or a Notre Dame. I was responding to the Doog who was claiming that Seattle is some big draw for players. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. It's not. It may as well be Eugene, except that in Eugene players throw share snowballs, while at UW the starting QB beats up Seahawk fans for fun.

Oregon quarterback Jeremiah Masoli, who helped lead the Ducks to the Pac-10 Conference title and a Rose Bowl berth last season, faces a burglary charge in connection with a theft at a campus fraternity house in late January.

You really are stupid.

Glass houses mother fucker.
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

topdawgnc said:

And from an earlier post ...

Kids in Texas don't dream of moving to Eugene ...

I never claimed they did, and I said that even though UO tries recruiting the big-time players, more often than not they lose out to a UCLA, USC, or a Notre Dame. I was responding to the Doog who was claiming that Seattle is some big draw for players. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. It's not. It may as well be Eugene, except that in Eugene players throw snowballs, while at UW the starting QB beats up Seahawk fans for fun.

12s should be beaten. They are part of why UW is third fiddle to the local faggotball team.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,298
    dnc said:

brchco12 said:

5 4* so far this year, including a QB who fits his system and chose us over alabama.

Five 4* players according to which site? Every site I've seen has the Dawgs with two 4* players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Pac-12

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?action=login

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/PAC12/all

Is Cody Bruns being counted as a 4* again?

Fuck me for poasting this link

thank you sir, i didn't have the stomach to actually link scout.com

this is why oregon fans are fags, they dont show up until after the game
    What? Not all of us roll like that. You'd have to be a pretty cowardly Ducks fan to not have predicted 11 back in August.

Shit, I am predicting 14 in a row at least because Freeman has two more to go, keep it light on the new QB and then if he jumps to the NFL, we have a junior QB running the offense that next season in Seattle.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    I am starting to think PDXDuckFan is actually HuskyClaus.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    This argument by Canard is really dumb. Arguing against him is stupid too. Petersen had a great run at Boise State. You can't downplay 92-12. That's a great record at any level of college football, even more impressive at the FBS level. Petersen was a great hire by UW, and we will see how it works out. Canard is failing to realize that everyone knows 92-12 at Boise State does not guarantee great success at UW.
  • PDXDuckFanPDXDuckFan Member Posts: 450
    topdawgnc said:

I like Doogs who make up their own recruiting rankings.

14 4* guys in this class! Hell, why not?
    topdawgnc said:

You really are stupid.

Glass houses mother fucker.

Yeah, Masoli got suspended from the team, and later kicked out of school. Miles missed one game.

What's your point, Doog?

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,131
    AZDuck said:

I just want to be clear, I'm not out there on the limb with Canard. I just don't think he's as full of shit as some people out here (Hi Kim!).

Canard went full retard when he said 0regon was smart to ensure continued mediocrity by promoting sling blade as HC instead of hiring Petersen.

Then he compares the results of a new coach (with a new system) to an assistant who was promoted from within.

Blowing shit up and starting over will take longer than making a quick fix.

Hellfrick may have already peaked with his two losses per year. Yet, Pete is a failure because he lost two games in his first (half) year at UW when the team lost four the prior year.

Canard FS. No other way to put it.
    edited October 2014
    brchco12 said:

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

5 4* so far this year, including a QB who fits his system and chose us over alabama.

Five 4* players according to which site? Every site I've seen has the Dawgs with two 4* players.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Pac-12

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?action=login

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/PAC12/all

Yes, Scout also had Cody Bruns as a 4* player. They are an outlier. We all know that Fetters, Ecklund, and whoever else ranks Doog recruits is the ultimate Doog. Myles Gaskin as a 4* RB? SMH

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    This thread has really gone downhill, yikes. Whole lot of stoopid here.
    brchco12 said:

EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

I just want to be clear, I'm not out there on the limb with Canard. I just don't think he's as full of shit as some people out here (Hi Kim!).

Canard went full retard when he said 0regon was smart to ensure continued mediocrity by promoting sling blade as HC instead of hiring Petersen.

Then he compares the results of a new coach (with a new system) to an assistant who was promoted from within.

Hellfrick may have already peaked with his two losses per year. Yet, Pete is a failure because he lost two games in his first (half) year at UW when the team lost four the prior year.

Slingblade 1
    CoachPeeth 0

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    You are FS.

Scout had Danny Shelton as a 3 star and obviously screwed that up. Scout also had Mariota as a 3 star. Same for Kikaha. Scout is just as able to under rank guys as they are to over rank guys.

Quit being so FS.

brchco12 said:

dnc said:

brchco12 said:

Yes, Scout also had Cody Bruns as a 4* player. They are an outlier. We all know that Fetters, Ecklund, and whoever else ranks Doog recruits is the ultimate Doog. Myles Gaskin as a 4* RB? SMH

EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

RIF, motherfucker.

I have not said Oregon was smart for hiring Slingblade, I said they were smart for passing right over Petersen. At this stage in our program's evolution, we don't need someone coming along and blowing shit up for a step back to dinosaur ball.

And I have never compared anything between Slingblade and peterman except their salaries. We were paying our mad scientist in excess of $4 mil per to do his thing. We're paying Igor relative wait and see peanuts as to whether he can keep things humming while learning OTJ.

You're paying Chip type money for CP to blow shit up that maybe just could have started off with a remodeling instead. You're also paying Chip type money to a coach that went 8-4 in his last regular season, and whose former team was undressed in Hawaii by the most voluntarily one dimensional bLeavers squads ever fielded.

I have been comparing peterman to chip. Peterman won big with Zabransky, who was serviceable and played in Canada, and with Moore, who is still clip boarding in the NFL. Southwick? Miley? lungfish? Nothing.

Chip turned Dixon from a guy with the yips into an NFL back-up. He got a nobody named Justin Roeper from being part of a dismal shutout at UCLA to winning the Sun Bowl six weeks later. He tolerated Masoli, and built the offense around him long enough to get to the Rose Bowl. He guided future arena footballer Darron Thomas into the Natty in his first year as starter and then a Rose Bowl victory the next. He had Mariota winning the Fiesta in his first year as starter.

That's what the coaching profile of a guy eventually making $6.5 million per in the NFL looks like. The point is Chip modified his system for no fewer than five different major QB changes in seven collegiate seasons, and then twice more in two seasons in the NFL. You'd think Pete could do it four times in nine seasons with a modicum of success.

• VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    What is funny is that Peterman has been saying this since day 1, and how we filtered it out believing we had the talent, speed and experience to win big this year. Compare what we line up each week with what he said in the post, and then estimate how long it will take for the talent infusion, speed, maturing of the program and discipline to represent our team.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

If you don't think UW has inherent & exceptional recruiting advantages, then you're dumber than most of the trash that fills autzen stadium every week.

First of all, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. People love Seattle. It's reached a point where people hear the word "Seattle," and they immediately think "great place to live." End of story.

The UW has an elite academic reputation and the rankings to prove it, unlike the three glorified community colleges that make up the rest of the northwest's pac-12 schools.

UW is a stone throw from some of the hottest tech companies in the world, so there is opportunity here outside of football. Not so in pullman, pewgene or corvalis.

Fan support - Awesome & well-known.

Are we getting all the OKGs we want right now? No, but we have advantages that are simply unmatched by most other schools.

Seattle's a draw for unemployed liberal arts majors who think that $15/hr pouring coffee is beneath them, until they're still in that job a year later with massive student debt that they can't pay back to Uncle Sucker. For an 18 year-old elite athlete? It's much easier to just stick with the UCLAs/USCs/OUs/Bamas of the world. It took Oregon years of winning and hundreds of millions dollars in facility upgrades to start attracting those type of players to the point of getting in the door, and the Ducks still rarely get the truly elite difference-makers.
    UO grad, lives in Portland, his job has a "slow" season...
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Marcus Mariota was a 3*
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Marcus Mariota was a 3*

Most ducks are.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I could do without Peterman's coach speak, I think we all get where he's coming from and it's unnecessary at this point.