Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dumb Fuck Teens In Oklahoma Shot and Killed a Guy Because They Were Bored

Comments

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    What a great message.

"Hey citizens, killing people is wrong. Now watch us kill these teenage boys."
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What a great message.

While I support the death penalty, there is no question that you raise a valid point.

(BTW, those kids will be in their 30s before being executed, if at all.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    It actually costs more money to execute these type of fucks than to keep them in prison for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

What a great message.

While I support the death penalty, there is no question that you raise a valid point.

I don't really like to use quotes to present my side but anything I type out is just going to be a version of this quote from Ricky Gervais.

"I don't think you can have a state that shows that sort of violence against an individual, whatever they've done, and expect people to accept the very code and morality of treating people equally and not showing violence towards them"

I can definitely see the other side of it. I would have said I supported the death penalty up until a few years ago. I think if you murder someone you probably deserve to die. Whether or not the government should execute you is, I think, a different question.

I also hate the attitude some people have towards it. The fuck it, lets kill em, RoadDawg hoping they get killed attitude is pretty disheartening.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

What a great message.

The other great message is "Hey citizens, killing people is wrong. But if you decide to do so, justice and accountability will consist of taxpayer funded feeding and housing and the option of private or publicly funded legal expenses to help get your ass out early if at all possible."

Using the argument that it's wrong to kill people, therefore the death penalty is wrong misses the mark. It's wrong to imprison someone against their will as well, but you will go to jail if you're found guilty of doing so, so do we change the laws by the same logic to do away with prisons? I'm not comfortable with the death penalty either, but not because it is "wrong". Whether or not it is a deterrent, the death penalty is the ultimate accountability and does have a place in the justice system. My problems with it have to do with other factors. First, making absolutely sure the person being executed is responsible for the capital crime, and second the process itself. In most cases there is an unreasonable and cruel amount of time to process the penalty, and those issuing the orders and performing the executions have to innocently bear the weight of their actions. It's a penalty that can lead to a lot of individual loss in the process of ensuring justice and accountability are served.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Barack Obama could have been that Australian college baseball player.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,770
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kill em all and let God sort it out. That's my message of love
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    It's true that it costs more the execute someone than it does to keep them in jail their entire lives. It's a huge problem with the death penalty. You can't execute a guy because he has a physical ailment. That makes sense. Each defendant is allowed X amount of appeals before they get the axe (I'm pretty sure that's how it's done these days.), on the tax payers dime. And, some of those who are executed were wrongly convicted. The whole system needs to get overhauled. It needs to be cheaper, faster, and more accurate.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Where are all of the pissed of Trayvon people? Where is the outrage over 3 black teens admitting to murdering for fun? No, definitely makes more sense to assume that Zimmerman was racist which is much worse. Definition of whats wrong in America.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

Where are all of the pissed of Trayvon people? Where is the outrage over 3 black teens admitting to murdering for fun? No, definitely makes more sense to assume that Zimmerman was racist which is much worse. Definition of whats wrong in America.

It's not their fault, they are just misguided children and Oklahoma lacks the strict gun control laws that exist in places like Chicago. Besides, could these little angels really hunt down and shoot an unarmed man in the back?

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Barack Obama could have been that Australian college baseball player.

I don't think so...but If Joe Biden had a son he would look like Chris Lane.

again. the nation is not outraged about this, this story has no legs....just like the 7 year old killed in Chigo last weekend. No one gives a fuck because it doesn't further there political agenda. The Zimmerman deal was clearly a phony scandal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know there is no causation, but my money is on these kids coming from fucked up homes without a father.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a great message.

I support the electric chair but am against the death penalty.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a great message.

I don't really like to use quotes to present my side but anything I type out is just going to be a version of this quote from Ricky Gervais.

"I don't think you can have a state that shows that sort of violence against an individual, whatever they've done, and expect people to accept the very code and morality of treating people equally and not showing violence towards them"

I can definitely see the other side of it. I would have said I supported the death penalty up until a few years ago. I think if you murder someone you probably deserve to die. Whether or not the government should execute you is, I think, a different question.

I also hate the attitude some people have towards it. The fuck it, lets kill em, RoadDawg hoping they get killed attitude is pretty disheartening.
    I actually agree with you, and was probably a little quick to say they should all get the death penalty. I know the news is full of fucked up shit happening everyday, but this story really pissed me off. Killing somebody because you are bored? I would rather these fucks spend their life in prison then the death penalty.

What will be an outrage will be if they get relatively short sentences because they are minors. They should be tried as adults.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited August 2013

I know there is no causation, but my money is on these kids coming from fucked up homes without a father.

That's what I'm hearing (well, reading actually). Causation

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's what I'm hearing (well, reading actually). Causation

Shocking
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

pat_hm said:

It's not their fault, they are just misguided children and Oklahoma lacks the strict gun control laws that exist in places like Chicago. Besides, could these little angels really hunt down and shoot an unarmed man in the back?

James Edwards (15 year old) must be Gucci's Mane's son. Look at the resemblance.