Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Warning: Positive content in this thread

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

Mad_Son said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Sark's switch to the up tempo offense might actually help his playcalling.

The up tempo offense works best when you run the ball a lot and doesn't work at all when you throw a bunch of incomplete passes.

So Sankey will go from having the 3rd most carries in the Pac-12 to #1 or #2?
    Sankey is not the team.

We were 6th as a team in rushing attempts. When that is coupled with 8th for yards per attempt you end up as 8th for total rushing in the Pac-12. The only quasi-competent team we beat out was OSU. Otherwise it is us with the Utah, Colorado and WSU.... the four stooges...
    Loser won't admit he supports Sark. He just does this bullshit
    I know. I was trying to figure out why I post meaningful counter-stats when I know his MO is cherry picking weird stats to support an unjustified point of view. In the end I couldn't figure out why. My best guess is the alcohol.
  • IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

IMALOSER_ said:

The up tempo offense works best when you run the ball a lot and doesn't work at all when you throw a bunch of incomplete passes.

Sankey is not the team.

We were 6th as a team in rushing attempts. When that is coupled with 8th for yards per attempt you end up as 8th for total rushing in the Pac-12. The only quasi-competent team we beat out was OSU. Otherwise it is us with the Utah, Colorado and WSU.... the four stooges...
    Loser won't admit he supports Sark. He just does this bullshit
    I know. I was trying to figure out why I post meaningful counter-stats when I know his MO is cherry picking weird stats to support an unjustified point of view. In the end I couldn't figure out why. My best guess is the alcohol.
    Out of my last 23 poasts I only believed half of what I posted 17% of the time.

Irregardless, its a mute point.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

I also agree the up-tempo offense may help Sark's play calling.

He'll have less time to think between plays.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    What did the top 4 rushing schools have in common?

A QB who could run. If you watch KP17 in the bowl game, he could barely walk. Before you back out all the sacks on Hundley (700+), he, Scott, Kelly and Super Mario all had 500+ yards rushing.

When Jake went for 500+ in 2010, we were in the Top 5 in the conference.

And our 38 sacks + countless hurries put us in situations which took the run out of the playbook. Not to mention all of our fucking penalties.

It is not our mix that is the problem, it is our master player caller's inconsistency. If you don't believe me I would advise you to go back to the play by play breakdowns of the AC & Vegas Bowl.

He tried to sit on it 2 drives in a row when Sankey wasn't finding any room in the 4th qtr of the AC. Finally he let KP17 loose on the final drive before the missed FG.

I just don't think he has a very good feel of the game and does a poor job understanding key situations (2nd & 16 = 2yd run by Sankey in AC).

With that said, a healthy KP17 could add a threat to the read/option that will not only help the RBs, it will help with our overall rushing totals.

This thread may be a moot point if the Oline cannot protect the passer.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

A QB who could run. If you watch KP17 in the bowl game, he could barely walk. Before you back out all the sacks on Hundley (700+), he, Scott, Kelly and Super Mario all had 500+ yards rushing.

And our 38 sacks + countless hurries put us in situations which took the run out of the playbook. Not to mention all of our fucking penalties.

It is not our mix that is the problem, it is our master player caller's inconsistency. If you don't believe me I would advise you to go back to the play by play breakdowns of the AC & Vegas Bowl.

He tried to sit on it 2 drives in a row when Sankey wasn't finding any room in the 4th qtr of the AC. Finally he let KP17 loose on the final drive before the missed FG.

I just don't think he has a very good feel of the game and does a poor job understanding key situations (2nd & 16 = 2yd run by Sankey in AC).

With that said, a healthy KP17 could add a threat to the read/option that will not only help the RBs, it will help with our overall rushing totals.

I like to arbitrarily quote 2010 statistics while ignoring 2009. I like to do this.

I like to arbitrarily quote 2010 statistics while ignoring 2009. I like to do this.
    I like to arbitrarily expect people to post multiple years of statistics.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

I like to admit that "Out of my last 23 poasts I only believed half of what I posted 17% of the time" and still expect people to give a crap what I post after that.

You have less credibility than SugarSteelLamboLicker. At least that guy believes the shit he spews.

IMALOSER_ said:

I like to admit that "Out of my last 23 poasts I only believed half of what I posted 17% of the time" and still expect people to give a crap what I post after that.

You have less credibility than SugarSteelLamboLicker. At least that guy believes the shit he spews.

Internet Fucktard talking about credibility on an anonymous message board. That's just fucking classic.

Are you that big of a dumb ass, or do you just play one on the internet?

So, a good rushing QB has not impact on the team's rushing totals.

Hmmm, better go tell Chip, Rich Rod and even the Great Jimmy Mora.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Then why was UW's rushing stats not that good in 2009 when Jake was the QB? Why did you leave that year out?
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Internet Fucktard talking about credibility on an anonymous message board. That's just fucking classic.
    Once upon a time, RealRhino2 was a poster on an anonymous message board. So was Reese23. If you can't see that one of these anonymous posters was credible and one was not then no one can help you.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    IMALOSER_ said:

Republican.

Then why was UW's rushing stats not that good in 2009 when Jake was the QB? Why did you leave that year out?
    2009 - 4.3 avg

2012 - 4.0 avg

2009 - tied for 6th in conf

2012 - 8th in the conf

2012 - had better yards per game avg (whopping 3yds), but they ran the ball 4 times more per game. So if you equal out the carries per game based on avg:

2009 = 156 yds per game

2012 = 142 yds per game

So yes the running game was more effective in 2009 in direct comparison to 2012.

Not that any of you knuckleheads can follow that.

Who is going to step up and say a running QB is not important to the running game in the Pac 12?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    But they don't support Sark

If A=B
    and B=C
    then C=D

Quality shit as always Race.

"It is not our mix that is the problem, it is our master player caller's inconsistency. If you don't believe me I would advise you to go back to the play by play breakdowns of the AC & Vegas Bowl.

He tried to sit on it 2 drives in a row when Sankey wasn't finding any room in the 4th qtr of the AC. Finally he let KP17 loose on the final drive before the missed FG."

I like to practice selective reading. That's what I like to do.

Again, way to contribute to the Big Boy talk.

Go back to the cute little board lingo one liners.

$75,000

Pressing.

DIAFF.

Some of my favs.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    IMALOSER_ said:

Ideally, Sark would have more players carry the ball. Running up tempo is stupid when you isolate a few of your own players and run them into the ground.
    Maybe you could have a talk with the ACL Gods All Omnipotent one.

The plan last year was to use Callier and Sankey together. Gave them the option of faking to one and hitting the other in the flat.....worked great for one play. :)
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Good thread until Irishdoog filled it with anthrax.

Good thread until Irishdoog filled it with anthrax.

brevity