Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Harbaugh

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Harbaugh is not an incredible coach. He is a good coach.

And Shaw is average.

Harbaugh took over a 1-11 team and three years later was in a BCS bowl. That's incredible.
    Maybe we have a different definition of incredible. I consider that type of a superlative to be reserved for the greats. He isn't in that category at this point.

Maybe if he had stayed and won a NC. Maybe if he wins a Super Bowl or two someday.
    Chip Kelly has won neither a Super Bowl nor a national championship. Do you consider him to be incredible?
    No, but I think he will win something like that.

And at least he won the conference when he was coaching in college.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

If you can't see Harbaugh's a top 3 coach in football I cunt help you.

All of football or just the college game?

You got Saban, Chip, Carroll, Billy Patriot...
    Saban wasn't special in the pros. NFL coaches > college coaches. Ergo Harbaugh > Saban.

Bellichek
    Carroll
    Harbaugh
    Chip

• Options
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

Harbaugh took over a 1-11 team and three years later was in a BCS bowl. That's incredible.
    Maybe we have a different definition of incredible. I consider that type of a superlative to be reserved for the greats. He isn't in that category at this point.

Maybe if he had stayed and won a NC. Maybe if he wins a Super Bowl or two someday.
    Incredible might be a bit far, but he's damn sure better than "a good coach". All he's done is win everywhere he's been, and he's inherited nothing but downtrodden programs usually reserved for coaches wiff more melanin.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

Chip Kelly has won neither a Super Bowl nor a national championship. Do you consider him to be incredible?

Gene Chizik won a national championship. Do you consider him to be incredible?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

The only reason he won that is because Darron Thomas didn't smoke it all before the game.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

You always like to press this badly?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

Yeah, but still.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I hate coaches who are dicks and beat the shit out of my my hometeam
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harbaugh is a top 3 football coach in the world as is. D2 natty at USD, Takes 1-11 Stanford and beats Carroll with Tavita Pritchard on the Road in Carroll's prime in year 1 and continues on to the BCS. Takes a shitty fucking Niner team and sends them to 3 straight championship games and a superbowl. He's a fucking beast.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harbaugh is an amazing coach. He's an even greater program builder. You can say he has to put some big wins next to his name before he's great. That's a standard coaches tend to get held to. He'll get there. SF was nearly an even match for Seattle last year and probably would have dismantled Denver in similar fashion.

Shaw inherited a program with the most well defined identity in CFB, and is slowly wearing away at it with predictably inept play calling and a loss of discipline and attention to detail among his players. They're still big and play serious, hard nosed ball at all times on defense and sometimes on offense, but they're a shadow of what they were 4 years ago. It didn't just start this year either.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Shaw sucks as a gameday coach.

He's still a damn good developer of talent. He's never winning a natty (like basically every other coach in the Pac except maaaaaaaaybe Beat for Peterman), but if you can't see he's easily a top 3 coach in this conference I cunt help you.

Christ.

You have always been one of the best at reading comprehension, DNC.

Please to be re-reading.

And, congratulations, by the way.

You get a Mulligan
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Harbaugh is garbage compared to Chip.
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

dnc said:

Shaw sucks as a gameday coach.

He's still a damn good developer of talent. He's never winning a natty (like basically every other coach in the Pac except maaaaaaaaybe Beat for Peterman), but if you can't see he's easily a top 3 coach in this conference I cunt help you.

Christ.

You have always been one of the best at reading comprehension, DNC.

Please to be re-reading.

And, congratulations, by the way.

You get a Mulligan
    Huh?

(thanks, little dnc's doing great, btw, I know, NOC)

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

And Shaw is average.

You always like to press this badly?
    You're missing the point. Chizik isn't a good coach, but by your criteria of needing to win a national championship, he would exceed Chip Kelly as a coach.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Harbaugh needs to DIA
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

Didn't the Niners just beat the Eagles and hold them with out an offensive TD?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Yeah, but still.

Also ignore the fact that each of Harbaugh's 3 pro seasons were better than Chip's first pro season.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Yeah, but still.

Also ignore the fact that each of Harbaugh's 3 pro seasons were better than Chip's first pro season.
    You don't know the damage Andy Reid did.