Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterman repeating the phrase "this is a process.." in every interview tells me

13»

Comments

• Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I'm out of patience as well, and I agree, apparently the team was in worse shape development wise than we realized. But----yes there is a but here. Each week I have seen areas of improvement. I didn't see that under Sark, the teams never got better. Under Peterman it's a process and yet we are seeing the process unfold in improvement. The young DB are getting better each week, I suspect that Miles will be better this week. The kids are being coached up, it's just that Peterman started out with undisciplined and under developed talent. That's how I see it. And we see this coming to light on the USC team, the same mental breakdowns and shitty coaching both in games and in practice.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Vegasdawg said:

I'm out of patience as well, and I agree, apparently the team was in worse shape development wise than we realized. But----yes there is a but here. Each week I have seen areas of improvement. I didn't see that under Sark, the teams never got better. Under Peterman it's a process and yet we are seeing the process unfold in improvement. The young DB are getting better each week, I suspect that Miles will be better this week. The kids are being coached up, it's just that Peterman started out with undisciplined and under developed talent. That's how I see it. And we see this coming to light on the USC team, the same mental breakdowns and shitty coaching both in games and in practice.

if we don't consistently move the ball on offense and score 35+ against that cal defense petersen should be fired at the 50

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Vegasdawg said:

if we don't consistently move the ball on offense and score 35+ against that cal defense petersen should be fired at the 50

Or maybe it's time to admit we don't have a decent QB on this roster. I'm certainly in the phase of Cyler has to prove he deserves to be a d1 QB. He doesn't throw like a d1 qb, he doesn't make decisions like a d1 qb. If he wants the job he needs to show it vs a terrible defense like CAL. I've seen a lot of excuses float around about miles and it will be interesting to see how this offense and miles react to playing the children of the blind. I hope he shuts me up and proves the negaMiles crowd wrong, but I just don't see a lot of what a QB needs to succeed in a pac12 schedule.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Peterman doesn't have beers in his hotel room to drink though.

Allegedly
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

dhdawg said:

Vegasdawg said:

Or maybe it's time to admit we don't have a decent QB on this roster. I'm certainly in the phase of Cyler has to prove he deserves to be a d1 QB. He doesn't throw like a d1 qb, he doesn't make decisions like a d1 qb. If he wants the job he needs to show it vs a terrible defense like CAL. I've seen a lot of excuses float around about miles and it will be interesting to see how this offense and miles react to playing the children of the blind. I hope he shuts me up and proves the negaMiles crowd wrong, but I just don't see a lot of what a QB needs to succeed in a pac12 schedule.

It's Cal. They have a terrible defense. If Colorado can score 49 in regulation on them, UW should score at least 35. I don't think that is too much to ask whether Miles is decent or not.

I don't think we should be too worried about it. I think we will score with relative ease against Cal. That said, I am starting to have some concerns about the offense and how we are utilizing the players. It just seems like there is very little creativity in getting the playmakers the ball compared to what I am watching with the other teams. Maybe the Stanford game is too ingrained in my mind, but I thought this was true in some of the non conference games as well.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I think our TE's have caught less than a dozen balls in five games. Our speed burners need the ball.

dhdawg said:

Vegasdawg said:

It's Cal. They have a terrible defense. If Colorado can score 49 in regulation on them, UW should score at least 35. I don't think that is too much to ask whether Miles is decent or not.

I don't think we should be too worried about it. I think we will score with relative ease against Cal. That said, I am starting to have some concerns about the offense and how we are utilizing the players. It just seems like there is very little creativity in getting the playmakers the ball compared to what I am watching with the other teams. Maybe the Stanford game is too ingrained in my mind, but I thought this was true in some of the non conference games as well.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think we have about 3 running plays. Inside zone, outside zone, and I saw a pitch once against Stanford. I haven't seen a QB sweep with lead blockers. No Gilby shovel passes. No option. Very few fly sweeps.

Part of the reason is probably because Petersen has placed a premium on ball security. He's also big on fundamentals and may not want to do that stuff until they prefect the simple stuff. We are purposely somewhat conservative, but the offense has been bland. I'm not saying get cute like Sark, but mix in some things to keep the defense off balance. The passing game isn't getting it done and the RB's at this point have been mediocre. Hopefully we open it up a little bit, especially in the run game because that needs to be the strength of this offense. The concerning thing is Petersen said they actually need to dial it back with installing the playbook.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Vegasdawg said:

I think our TE's have caught less than a dozen balls in five games. Our speed burners need the ball.

dhdawg said:

Vegasdawg said:

We have TE's?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think we have about 3 running plays. Inside zone, outside zone, and I saw a pitch once against Stanford. I haven't seen a QB sweep with lead blockers. No Gilby shovel passes. No option. Very few fly sweeps.

Part of the reason is probably because Petersen has placed a premium on ball security. He's also big on fundamentals and may not want to do that stuff until they prefect the simple stuff. We are purposely somewhat conservative, but the offense has been bland. I'm not saying get cute like Sark, but mix in some things to keep the defense off balance. The passing game isn't getting it done and the RB's at this point have been mediocre. Hopefully we open it up a little bit, especially in the run game because that needs to be the strength of this offense. The concerning thing is Petersen said they actually need to dial it back with installing the playbook.

Not to be running game superiority guy, but if you can run them effectively you dont need anything BUT inside and outside zone. That being said, Arian Foster does not play for UW.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

They ran triple-option at least once against Stanford. Myliey kept it and converted on 3rd down.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

With this schedule, if this team ends up at 7-6 and in the Humanitarian Bowl or whatever, then it is a poor job by Petersen no matter how you slice it.

No reason to expect going backwards from 5-4 in conference.
    Your best effort.
    Shortest. Hallelujah!
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

beelzebub said:

that no one knows the damage Sark did to the program.

Doogs, of course, will have no patience because Steve left Pete with a "9-win team and a full copboard of great recruiting classes" but the more I hear Petersen repeat this, the more I think he knows we're fucked and this will be a rebuilding process. These kids have obviously not been well-coached and even though Sark's record was shitty, it was a favorable record considering how shitty his teams were. Close wins over shitty teams, multiple blowouts each year where the team had no business being on the same field as the opponents, close wins over really shitty teams, and 3 "Signature wins" (USC twice, and Stanford) that had huge asterisks next to them and could have easily gone the other way (No, I don't count the "god's play" win over a shitty Cal team as a signature win like Kim does).

I think Pete, a disciplined, old-school football coach, walked into this job the first day and thought "holy shit, what has been going on here?"

Wrong its his built in excuse to give himself 5 years, u guys will fall 4 anything your saviour says. Really sad scientology has more reasonable followers than this board.
    If we're bashing Scientology, I'm OUT
    But why is L Ron Hubbard a bad inventor of science fiction based religions?