Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Peterman repeating the phrase "this is a process.." in every interview tells me

that no one knows the damage Sark did to the program.

Doogs, of course, will have no patience because Steve left Pete with a "9-win team and a full copboard of great recruiting classes" but the more I hear Petersen repeat this, the more I think he knows we're fucked and this will be a rebuilding process. These kids have obviously not been well-coached and even though Sark's record was shitty, it was a favorable record considering how shitty his teams were. Close wins over shitty teams, multiple blowouts each year where the team had no business being on the same field as the opponents, close wins over really shitty teams, and 3 "Signature wins" (USC twice, and Stanford) that had huge asterisks next to them and could have easily gone the other way (No, I don't count the "god's play" win over a shitty Cal team as a signature win like Kim does).

I think Pete, a disciplined, old-school football coach, walked into this job the first day and thought "holy shit, what has been going on here?"

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

On the other hand, process is the new 0-12/sanctions.

Win or get the fuck out.

18 games
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Win or get the fuck out.

18 games
    18 REAL games or 10 games plus 8 exhibitions?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

With this schedule, if this team ends up at 7-6 and in the Humanitarian Bowl or whatever, then it is a poor job by Petersen no matter how you slice it.

No reason to expect going backwards from 5-4 in conference.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

With this schedule, if this team ends up at 7-6 and in the Humanitarian Bowl or whatever, then it is a poor job by Petersen no matter how you slice it.

No reason to expect going backwards from 5-4 in conference.
    Your best effort.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Win or get the fuck out.

Yeah, I'm just out of patience and I have been for about 12 years. 4-1 is fine but there's no reason they should regress. He needs to lay down the law and I understand that, but I don't think this team is quite the horrible dumpster fire in terms of fundamentals as some make it out to be. That was Ty.
  • Options

Win or get the fuck out.

Yeah, I'm just out of patience and I have been for about 12 years. 4-1 is fine but there's no reason they should regress. He needs to lay down the law and I understand that, but I don't think this team is quite the horrible dumpster fire in terms of fundamentals as some make it out to be. That was Gilby/Ty/Sark.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Win or get the fuck out.

18 games
    18 REAL games or 10 games plus 8 exhibitions?
    18 games. Period.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes

Doogs, of course, will have no patience because Steve left Pete with a "9-win team and a full copboard of great recruiting classes" but the more I hear Petersen repeat this, the more I think he knows we're fucked and this will be a rebuilding process. These kids have obviously not been well-coached and even though Sark's record was shitty, it was a favorable record considering how shitty his teams were. Close wins over shitty teams, multiple blowouts each year where the team had no business being on the same field as the opponents, close wins over really shitty teams, and 3 "Signature wins" (USC twice, and Stanford) that had huge asterisks next to them and could have easily gone the other way (No, I don't count the "god's play" win over a shitty Cal team as a signature win like Kim does).

I think Pete, a disciplined, old-school football coach, walked into this job the first day and thought "holy shit, what has been going on here?"

Wrong its his built in excuse to give himself 5 years, u guys will fall 4 anything your saviour says. Really sad scientology has more reasonable followers than this board.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    beelzebub said:

Wrong its his built in excuse to give himself 5 years, u guys will fall 4 anything your saviour says. Really sad scientology has more reasonable followers than this board.
    60-59
  • Options

beelzebub said:

60-59
    Irony detector exploded.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014

That was actually good
  • Options

beelzebub said:

60-59
    Irony detector exploded.
    Hopefully your gas tank explodes on the freeway
    YBE