Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My thoughts on the game

Solid reps and improvement over the game, some thoughts:

1. As noted on this thread, Coleman is the best player on the field by a wide margin. Special player. RB room is in a strong position with Davis and Muhammad behind Coleman.
  2. Giles Jackson is going to have a big year. He is a perfect fit for his role in this offense.
  3. The tight ends are going to matter. Decker looks real athletic. Rooting for Moore, hope he is ok.
  4. Boston looks ok/good. I was hoping to see Boston assert himself as the Alpha after learning behind a couple. 6/75/1 is fine, and Alpha is still in his range of outcomes. Hunter was absent. I think both grow in the weeks ahead with Rogers.
  5. Rogers was steady. There is more to be tapped. We are lucky to have him for this year.
  6. The O-line got to experiment and reps. Weber State was the perfect week 1 opponent. This team will be as good as the O-Line and D-line will allow.
  7. D-Line was ok. Unsure of our DT stoutness. I suspect DT stoutness will be our Achilles this season. Must see more from Durfree, Lane, Wayne, Holtzclaw. Those edges need to flash for the D-Line to play up.
  8. Nice to get Williams a full quarter. He is going to get enough work to be positioned for immediate success next year. His future is bright, but I would be shocked if he can displace a healthy Rogers.
  9. I think the secondary could be really good. Tonights dominant results I think were more from Munoz's struggles than outright dominant secondary play.
  10. Bruener is the heart and soul of this team. I love watching him play. Silly it took this long for him to become an unquestioned starter.

The best thing about football is how teams evolve over the course of the season. I am looking forward to seeing the week over week growth. Lots of goodness tonight and a good first 4 quarters of learning and experimenting.

Comments