Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like the opening lines have Cal favored by 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 points

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW should win this game rather easily.

Cal is 1 dimensional as fuck.

Clean up special teams and we gucci brah

Fuck, I was thinking and agreeing with this and then I scroll down one post and im reminded who our quarterback is. Fuck
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Whether sarcastic or not, I had to give you a heart.
    pawz said:

This thread is worthless without @HFNY‌

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    My site is offering UW + 1.5.

The known unknown (hi Rummy) is what changes Petersen and Smith will make to the offense. I'd like to see more of a Gus Malzahn style offense where we only have a max of 2 or 3 WRs on the field and use D. Daniels and / or Hartvigson as H-backs in the backfield or as inline blockers. Blast away with Coleman, Washington, and Miles to wear out Cal (not the best depth on D) and burn clock / protect our secondary. That style of offense also often simplifies reads for the QB. Of course, we don't have the OL Auburn has but we should be getting back Riva which will help a good amount.

I'm sure we'll start out with a lot of Cover 2 and Cover 3 and see if we can get pressure on the true soph Goff when rushing only 4. Cal has many capable WRs so I'd prefer not to have our 4th and 5th best cover guy (T. Dixon and N. Hale) man-to-man on their 4th or 5th WR because that's not a good match-up for us. Peters, Jones, and Baker are a solid trio (no lemons at that party) but it starts getting dicey after that.

When Cal was @ Northwestern in the first game of the year, they put up just 31 (they are averaging 50).....probably because Northwestern has a good D. UW's D has appeared to mostly stabilize after the EWU debacle because Peters is playing at a high level (and should play the whole game @ Cal) and Baker, Jones, and the other young guys are played a good amount of football so far.

I still think Petersen is a great coach and definitely superior to Dykes so if someone put a gun to my head and said my life depended on it, I'd probably pick UW to win 38-35.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Not sure what makes you guys think the Fighting Doogs can hold Cal under 40, but to me it'll take at least that much on offense to win. 45-42 or whatever.
  • Options
    FrankBear21FrankBear21 Member Posts: 31
    Just want to make a couple points here:

Saying we are one-dimensional is false. We have pretty good success running the football.

I don't know if Washington's defense is the best we faced this far. NU's is looking pretty good and they are off to a 2-0 start in the big-10.

Washington's D might be good, or is it just that stud Shaq making played? Either way, Washington has yet to face an above average offense to be fair.

Cal is at home this game. Pickem' game seems about right to me.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Saying we are one-dimensional is false. We have pretty good success running the football.

I don't know if Washington's defense is the best we faced this far. NU's is looking pretty good and they are off to a 2-0 start in the big-10.

Washington's D might be good, or is it just that stud Shaq making played? Either way, Washington has yet to face an above average offense to be fair.

LEAVE!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Our front 7 is very good. 2 players who should be 1st or 2nd rounders (Shelton and Shaq) and Kikaha is probably a 3rd or a 4th (unless some team falls in love with him despite his injury history and picks him in the 2nd). Peters is a 1st or 2nd round pick at CB too.

In terms of offenses, Illinois is slightly above average and we thumped them pretty badly (they are pretty bad as a team though).

When Cal actually played a good D (Northwestern), they were pretty one-dimensional...averaged just 2.5 ypc. 3.4 ypc vs. WSU (the next best D Cal has faced) isn't that great either since neither are Stanford.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    My site moved to UW +2.5 (at -105) so I decided to buy a half point and get 3 total:

STRAIGHT WAGER 10/06/14 16:33 EDT
    Bet $ 500.00 to win $ 400.00 Result: Pending
    Washington U vs California 10/11/14 18:00 EDT Washington U +3 (-125) Bought 0.5 point(s)
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I also love that we are one of the best in the nation at a turnover margin of +11 vs. Cal which is below average (at 0). Cal also gets more penalties per game than UW.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm sure you have a better running game than Eastern, but I think their pass game probably executes on par with Cal. They don't have the same level of athletes, but they played one hell of a game in that phase of the game that day.

Vernon Adamss scares me more than Goff. Both are accurate and can drop dimes, but VA has wheels and heart.
  • Options
    MarkKoopmanMarkKoopman Member Posts: 33
    HFNY said:

I also love that we are one of the best in the nation at a turnover margin of +11 vs. Cal which is below average (at 0). Cal also gets more penalties per game than UW.

Doogin it up pretty good on this thread.

First the list of potential 1st or 2nd rounders (classic doogology) and now the turnover margin against UH,ewu,gsu and the illini.

lol

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

Below average at zero?

The fuck?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

Below average at zero?

The fuck?
    He cuoged it

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

HFNY said:

First the list of potential 1st or 2nd rounders (classic doogology) and now the turnover margin against UH,ewu,gsu and the illini.

lol

+3 against Stanford.

Good teams win with a +3 turnover margin.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    You do realize that teams can have negative turnover margins don't you?

Check this out: ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/29

HFNY said:

Below average at zero?

The fuck?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    My delivery wasn't the best but I was trying to point out to the Cal fan that our front 7 is made up of more than just Shaq and that multiple guys will win All Pac-12 awards.

And in the 2nd week of the season after losing to Cal 31-24 at home, Northwestern promptly lost at home again to Northern Illinois 23-15 so trumpeting Northwestern isn't all that great.

Boobs does make a good point about forcing 3 turnovers and still losing to Stanford...even a blind man could see we were not a good team on offense that day. But if we get Cal to turn the ball over 3 times, I can't see us not winning.

HFNY said:

lol

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Our secondary is going to get butt fucked if our pass rush doesn't show up.

The boys up front need to rumble.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Totally agree with that and I think bettors are buying too hard into Cal's OL and improved defense.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@OssaiCanYouSee‌, true??!!?!?11?