Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like the opening lines have Cal favored by 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 points

124»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    HFNY said:

Whether sarcastic or not, I had to give you a heart.

pawz said:

This thread is worthless without @HFNY‌

HFNY said:

My site moved to UW +2.5 (at -105) so I decided to buy a half point and get 3 total:

STRAIGHT WAGER 10/06/14 16:33 EDT
    Bet $ 500.00 to win $ 400.00 Result: Pending
    Washington U vs California 10/11/14 18:00 EDT Washington U +3 (-125) Bought 0.5 point(s)

I was not Sarkastic at all.** I used to gamble for a living. You are the only one I've seen on these here boreds that evaluate lines, spreads, and games unemotionally, as they should be, appropriately considered and weighted in the fluctuating odds markets and the emotional money that drives them. I expect you consistently make money, year over year, betting on CFB - if not other sports as well.

ps. sports betting is like driving a car and fucking - everybody thinks they are better than they actually are ...

** #letsfuck
  • Options
    Founders Club

HFNY said:

I also love that we are one of the best in the nation at a turnover margin of +11 vs. Cal which is below average (at 0). Cal also gets more penalties per game than UW.

Doogin it up pretty good on this thread.

First the list of potential 1st or 2nd rounders (classic doogology) and now the turnover margin against UH,ewu,gsu and the illini.

lol

Disagree.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Up to +3.5 now

TCU is now +8.5 vs. opening at +10.5
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Thanks for weighing in. I'm always worried that I'll start thinking I lose because of bad luck and win because I'm smart. I've also already erred in that I bet at 2.5 and bought a half point when now it's at 3.5 on my site.

Betting on the Huskies as a road dog or on the road in general infrequently paid under Sloppy Steve because he was so bad away from Husky Stadium (Boston College this year was typical for him) but Petersen's high level of competency changes things.

What do you think of 3.5 spread and what are your thoughts on Miles? Oddshark.com has the O/U at 71.5 so it looks like bettors are currently predicting Cal to win 37 or 38 to 34.
    pawz said:

HFNY said:

pawz said:

HFNY said:

My site moved to UW +2.5 (at -105) so I decided to buy a half point and get 3 total:

Washington U vs California 10/11/14 18:00 EDT Washington U +3 (-125) Bought 0.5 point(s)

I was not Sarkastic at all.** I used to gamble for a living. You are the only one I've seen on these here boreds that evaluate lines, spreads, and games unemotionally, as they should be, appropriately considered and weighted in the fluctuating odds markets and the emotional money that drives them. I expect you consistently make money, year over year, betting on CFB - if not other sports as well.

ps. sports betting is like driving a car and fucking - everybody thinks they are better than they actually are ...

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    And what do people think about Auburn being -3 @ Miss State? I'm tempted to take Auburn and Gus Malzahn, especially since Miss State's win over a rebuilding TAMU team may be getting over-hyped. Thinking about taking UW + 3.5 and Auburn -3 in a parlay. Or UW money line and Auburn money when they come out.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HFNY said:

And what do people think about Auburn being -3 @ Miss State? I'm tempted to take Auburn and Gus Malzahn, especially since Miss State's win over a rebuilding TAMU team may be getting over-hyped. Thinking about taking UW + 3.5 and Auburn -3 in a parlay. Or UW money line and Auburn money when they come out.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

I like Auburn in that one. Please don't send crowbar carrying wise guys to my mom's basement if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2014
    HFNY said:

Thanks for weighing in. I'm always worried that I'll start thinking I lose because of bad luck and win because I'm smart. I've also already erred in that I bet at 2.5 and bought a half point when now it's at 3.5 on my site.

Betting on the Huskies as a road dog or on the road in general infrequently paid under Sloppy Steve because he was so bad away from Husky Stadium (Boston College this year was typical for him) but Petersen's high level of competency changes things.

What do you think of 3.5 spread and what are your thoughts on Miles? Oddshark.com has the O/U at 71.5 so it looks like bettors are currently predicting Cal to win 37 or 38 to 34.

pawz said:

HFNY said:

pawz said:

HFNY said:

Honestly, I'm the probably wrong guy to ask b/c I'm dooging it up hard on this game. I expect UW to win outright so any points conceded is gravy, insurance IMO.

Also, I'm not good at predicting the o/u so I stay away from those wagers unless i'm supremely confident the line is wrong.

Miles to me is an enigma. He looked so good with a quality RB last year, and I feel like the change of systems has gotten to his head. He is thinking way too much to allow his natural gifts to flourish. It is also quite possible to be Centenial, CO's version of Ryan Leaf. I need to LIPO a bit more before making a final determination.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cal wins this one. 34-10
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cal wins this one. 34-10

If you're offering 24 points ... I'll let you set the price. Any price you want.
  • Options
    Given how much of an unknown Miles is at the QB spot at this point, I'd definitely stay away from the O/U line. In fact, I'd probably stay away from the game in general but I agree with Paws in that I like us to win this game.

I'll be the devil's advocate in the Auburn vs. Miss St game ... Miss St is the best team I've seen in the country this year so far. I think that they beat Auburn.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Given how much of an unknown Miles is at the QB spot at this point, I'd definitely stay away from the O/U line. In fact, I'd probably stay away from the game in general but I agree with Paws in that I like us to win this game.

I'll be the devil's advocate in the Auburn vs. Miss St game ... Miss St is the best team I've seen in the country this year so far. I think that they beat Auburn.

Miss State 34 LSU 29
    Auburn 41 LSU 7

Miss State also gave up 34 points to UAB. Why are they the best? Comparing scores is often a futile exercise, but Auburn played the best game of the season last week. Mississippi State has been impressive and the game is at home, but Auburn has been better so far.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Miss State 34 LSU 29
    Auburn 41 LSU 7

Miss State also gave up 34 points to UAB. Why are they the best? Comparing scores is often a futile exercise, but Auburn played the best game of the season last week. Mississippi State has been impressive and the game is at home, but Auburn has been better so far.
    Did you watch the Miss St vs. LSU game? Did you look at the box score? Did you not notice that Miss St was up in the 4th quarter 34-10 and it took 2 late TDs for LSU to get the score close?

You cite UAB, 21 of their 34 points were on 75+ yard or longer TDs - which is about the only weakness Miss St has if you can find enough time (or Miss St disinterest) to execute against.

I'm sure you also noted that Miss St was up on TAMU by 48-17 at one point before 2 late TDs.

Why do I think that they are the best team in the country? Senior QB that is super poised and makes a lot of plays. Strong line play on both sides. Solid running game. Stops the opposing running game. I've watched Auburn and I don't think that they are as explosive as they were last year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched some of the Miss State- LSU game. LSU was a Hail Mary away from winning it. 34-10 is great, but games are 4 quarters. Dropped pass was maybe their best defender against A&M.

It will be a good game this weekend. I'm just not sure how anyone can say they are better than Auburn at this point.
  • Options
    The weakness of Miss St isn't something that I expect Auburn to be able to exploit.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

The weakness of Miss St isn't something that I expect Auburn to be able to exploit.

This is one of the most Tequila things you've ever said.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Miss State 34 LSU 29
    Auburn 41 LSU 7

Did you watch the Miss St vs. LSU game? Did you look at the box score? Did you not notice that Miss St was up in the 4th quarter 34-10 and it took 2 late TDs for LSU to get the score close?

You cite UAB, 21 of their 34 points were on 75+ yard or longer TDs - which is about the only weakness Miss St has if you can find enough time (or Miss St disinterest) to execute against.

I'm sure you also noted that Miss St was up on TAMU by 48-17 at one point before 2 late TDs.

Why do I think that they are the best team in the country? Senior QB that is super poised and makes a lot of plays. Strong line play on both sides. Solid running game. Stops the opposing running game. I've watched Auburn and I don't think that they are as explosive as they were last year.
    I've seen enough of Mississippi State to know they aren't playing a senior QB.
  • Options
    Good catch - thought he was a senior.