Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Congratulations to the Dow hitting 40,0000

HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 1,109
First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter

Ewwwwwwhhhhhhh but ESPN getting fake Emmys ewwwwhhhh that’s the important thing.

In case you guys didn’t know, this is a nice milestone. You ultimately have a lot of dough in your pockets as a result.

Comments

• Options
    BlueduckBlueduck Member Posts: 1,124
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 16

Vanilla sucks!

PSA

Don't feed trolls!

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,204
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Still stand by the economy being on fire?

• Options
    Standard Supporter

That’s correct Bob. Once you cut through it, the economy is on solid ground. Even my conservative friends who bitch like this board every day are seemingly doing better than I remember pre Biden.

• Options
    Founders Club

We missed you during the 1.6% announcement.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Bob, now it’s fact now that it’s in your favor? Y’all had some lame excuses the previous 4 times it came in well.

I’ve mentioned this multiple times, the interest rates at the high rates they are are designed to kill the economy. The Biden economy has excelled despite that. I’m sure there’s a reason y’all ignored that fact.

• Options
    Founders Club

If Biden and Yellen weren't calling inflation transitory and pretending it would go away on its own for 9 months, the Fed likely would have acted sooner and less harshly and gotten a better overall result. It's all self inflicted.

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What we are seeing is a rat trying to justify his shitty politics and attempt to hide the damage they are doing. Wasn't this the idiot who first crowed that he made 30% in the stock market, got called out on it and now only wants to mention 10% as if that is some goal only his brilliance can master?

Whoopee! The Dow is at the 40K threshold. The problem is, most people have so little invested that it doesn't affect their daily lives or their future at all and the current idiots in charge are making it impossible for them to take advantage of the stock market as they have zero expendable cash. As a matter of fact, when you take the horrendous increase in all living staples (gas, power, food, interest rates on a mortgage, metal and other raw materials, oil, etc), virtually everyone is going backwards (except the wealthy). It is all about cash flow. No cash flow, no investments. Those on a fixed income are faring the worst. Second are the young who thought they were going to come out of college and get $75K to start only to find out it was more like $40K, they are getting screwed. If you want to own a home while young? Forget it.

Its the problem with rat politicians. They won't get the hell out of the way and let the market zoom. First thing biden did was kill the energy and gas industries. The absolute lynch pin to a booming economy. Then the spending started and the printing of the money and lo and behold, as if it was rocket science to democrats, interest rates skyrocketed and the cost of everything went through the roof.

Was watching a program last night that was dealing with the financial issues of young (20-35), middle and older age. the average young investor has about 10K invested. If he is making 50K a year do that math. Costs on virtually everything have artificially gone up due to bidens lack of common sense, lack of knowledge and concerted efforts to kill our economy with the various tools available to him. If a young person is spending 10K a year more for items that cost 10K less 3 years ago, there is absolutely no way they can take advantage of any stock market. They almost lost more money yearly on staple items than what they had invested in the stock market.

The average SS monthly payout in Portland OR metro is 17K a year. Those people have zero to invest, as a matter of fact, I am not sure how they are surviving under a biden economy.

The average investment for the 40-65 range is like 150K (or close to that I can't remember). Even they are going backwards when it comes to cash vs stock market. They usually have two cars, 2.3 kids, a mortgage and high clothing, fuel and food costs. Cash they could be investing is lost for good. Spent on bidens shitty economy.

So all you dunderheads out there, cheer the stock market on. Whoopee! I sure am, but I am not lying to myself and trying to tell those that are hurting that things are great because of that one measurement that only means something to the wealthy who will make more in stock than they are losing in cash.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Bro, inflation got out of hand across the globe. This isn't an exclusive US problem its a world problem. Like i've mentioned multiple times, that decade where we had free money finally caught up to everyone. Trump himself had a hand in this when he pressured the FED to lower rates in a hot economy like an idiot. You're dreaming if you think that the inflation would have been killed in 9 months if they took the action you suggested in your post.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Lots of words Bend, but you can't even find an index fund with a 10% growth rate so I already know what YOUR specific problem is.

• Options
    edited May 16

"Bro" lol, I laughed at that too.

Now you want to lecture everyone about the stock market………again.

Hey, dipstick, it was bidens decisions that hurt our economy. I listed for you, exactly, some of the decisions he made early in his administration that killed our economy. When we decided to print money it created the most basic and known effect on the economy: Inflation. That had zero input from any country outside our borders.

When you make excuses and it is clear you are lying or just blindly defending your politics (which are indefensible), you look fucking stupid.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 16

I'm surprised a Georgia Duck would attempt to read period. Your parents are probably brother and sister.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 16

I'm sorry, did he print money for the rest of the G20? The rest of the G20 is dealing with the same inflation problem if not worse. Is it too hard to ask to be a little analytical when you make statements instead of listening to idiot right wing podcasters?

I already knew the duck idiot wouldn't be able to do analysis since I knew he couldn't read to begin with.

• Options
    edited May 16

Jeezus. Biden made decisions that basic econ 101 teaches seniors in High School are horrible and can effect the economy in a negative way by driving inflation up. No one in Europe did that for him. It can probably be proven that the idiot biden and you rats that vote for the dumbass, are responsible for those other countries that are struggling.

Own it bitch. Step up like a man and be honest with your sides puck up.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

J@#sus C@#st what does it take for you guys to answer a simple question instead of trying to play whataboutism and change the subject. What happened to the rest of the G20 that their inflation was so high? Did Biden print free money for those economies too?

I expect this kind of logic from EverettChris because he's stupid, but please don't make me demote you to his level.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 16

Pedo Peters imaginary stocks did great look at the income!

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Printing money isn't limited to American leftards. Hope that helps. Neither is limiting fossil fuel production and building expensive, dirty, non-reliable wind and solar plants.

• Options
    Founders Club

Inflation spiked starting in about March/April 2021. The fed didn't increase rates off of zero until March 2022, when the inflation rate was like 8.5%. If you act at 3-4% you could have avoided 9%. Regardless of the cause of the inflation, the action was way too late and Biden cheered all of that on.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Buck seems unaware of the dems Make Inflation Greater Act. That's what I called it when it passed. Someone was correct and it wasn't the moron dementia patient that claimed that Milton Friedman wasn't in charge anymore and he was repealing gravity.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,910
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@HuskyBuck Looking forward to your treatise on how racism and climate change impact your roaring economy.

This thread should have been titled “Bullshit Ad Hominems’s of the Day”