Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Last Movie Seen

Comments

• Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,109
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Haven't watched too many movies lately. Been pounding out series lately as I am a completist when it comes to series i have started. Except for that Walking Dead stuff. gave that up easily.

I have been powering through "Billions" and just finished that. Highly recommend.

Powered through "Monarch" on Apple. Have always loved Godzilla movies since I was a kid along with the King Kong / Skull Island stuff. Seeing Kurt Russell and Wyatt Russell playing the same part is cool.

Going to knock out The Crown and that will be done with.

I started working on "The X Files" and in the middle of season 2.

I also going to start up Yellowstone.

I think for the next movie it will be Saltburn on Prime

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Watched Walking Tall with the family this morning. Good clean story about bad guys getting their asses kicked.

The original version?
    No, the one with the Rock.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Watched the 2nd National Treasure movie. Meh but I wanted to complete the franchise and having done so, I hope Disney is smart to not make a 3rd movie.

You should know better than to put Disney and smart in the same sentence. I’ll leave it at that before get a TITTT
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    True Grit with John Wayne. $4.99 buy on Apple TV
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kinda watched “Prometheus” last night.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,264
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I watched Immediate Family this weekend…made by music geeks for music geeks. I am a music geek, and if you are I recommend it…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lamb
    An A24 film based in Iceland. Creepy and odd. No jump scares just creepy. Not as creepy as Midsommar or Hereditary, but decent nonetheless
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Heaven Can Wait.

Released in 78 but the game footage was shot during halftime of a preseason game. Ironically the movie had the Rams beating the Steelers for the SB 3 years before the Rams lost the SB to the Steelers.

Charles Grodin was an underrated actor.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755

Heaven Can Wait.

Released in 78 but the game footage was shot during halftime of a preseason game. Ironically the movie had the Rams beating the Steelers for the SB 3 years before the Rams lost the SB to the Steelers.

Charles Grodin was an underrated actor.

I agree Grodin was underrated. But I also think Beatty was overrated in almost everything he did.

Busiest shlong in Hollywood for a long time, however, especially after Shampoo.

Ooooh, but Faye Dunaway in Bonnie & Clyde. Damn!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    edited January 20
    Can't say why, but Just flashed back to the 50th Street Market in about 1990 when VHS was still all the rage.

Used to grab a Sixer of Labatt's Blue after my restaurant job and watch a couple movies til 2 or 3 a.m. at my Wallingford place.

Apartment Zero. Great, weird movie about an Assassin in Argentina and his weird gay short-term roommate. I think the bad guy assassin was the idiot from the first Die Hard movie, who pretended to be John McClain's friend, and got shot in the head for it.

Great, great times back then. Summertime nights, I'd go running at about midnight, along Greenlake, up Ravenna to 15th, then back to 65th & up Latona all the way to 50th, picked up a Calistoga Black Cherry Mineral Water and an Orange at 50th St. Market, then cool-down walked the remaining 3 blocks to my place.

Fuck what a great City Seattle used to be. You younger kids caught a lot of it, too, but to see what's happened to this City under "Progressive Rule" is a fucking heartbreaker.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saltburn
    A mix of Talented Mr. Ripley meets Down and Out in Beverly Hills meets Parasite meets Carrie. Twist ending. Need to watch to get some of the current pop culture references going on today
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    Swaye's Wigwam
    just watched Cowboys and Aliens, had seen it before but think I was too drunk to follow. I actually enjoyed it. Lots of shoot em up which is req'd for a cowboy movie with special effects which is req'd for sci-fi movies. Could have had more tits. lots more
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recently watched Blackboard Jungle (1955) starring a not yet household name of Sidney Poitier. Main character was Glenn Ford, and might have been the first "Teacher works hard to get through to troubled teens" movie. Also the song Rock around the Clock was used for the intro and outro and as such the first Rock n Roll song used in a major motion picture.

Maestro (Netflix) starring Bradley Cooper about Leonard Bernstein. It's alright. I know these things tend to delve into the person behind the music, but feel this ignored quite a bit of the music. One scene late in the movie is great because well, it highlights the music / performance.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last true movie watched was "Bye Bye Barry"

A doc on Barry Sanders sudden retirement with the Lions. Don't blame the guy for retiring or quitting.

Powered through "Billions" a week or so a go

Powered through "Reacher" season 2

Powered through Season 6 of "The Crown"

Now back to pounding through "The X-Files" with some breaks of other shows.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is Reacher any good? I love the books but have not seen the series, did watch both Cruise Reacher movies - they were ok

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

watched an obscure Jennifer Garner movie Peppermint - she is a rogue mother whose kid and hubby were killed by drug lords in LA. She was the badass revenge seeking lady 5 years later. Hid from the Feds and Cops in skid row. Not a tit in sight. Lots of guns and bad shooters, how can they possibly miss when using AK47s from close range on auto fire? Might have the title name wrong…

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Watched The Package with Gene Hackman & Tommy Lee Jones. Cold War action suspense flick. It was ok .

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,572
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam