Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on Fisch & Staying Long

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,893
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We won't be at a full revenue share for another 6 years.

Thanks tits Cohen!
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Are we sure Fisch really even covets the Florida job?

It seems like he deliberately went there to try to get on board with Spurrier and work his way up the coaching profession any way he could, not because he has some specific affinity for Florida. He seems like a general ladder climber like DeBoer, not a Florida Guy, per se.

I think this is spot on. Besides, Florida is not Georgia or Alabama. They think they are, but they aren't. They had great runs under Spurrier and Meyer. Outside of that, they've been mostly a mid to upper mid tier SEC team. in fact, when Miami and FSU were serious, UF was just the other team from Florida, even though the school is far larger than either Miami or FSU.

Anyway, if Fisch is successful, given his resume, which contains many NFL stops, (including the SeaHawks), I believe he will climb to the NFL as a HC. As has been mentioned, he's from New Jersey. College Football means fuck all there. The Giants and the Jets, that's where it's at. NFL baby.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

thechatch said:

What’s his buyout?

Eleventy hundred million dollars.
    They teach Maff down there?
    It’s easier maff in SC, hard math in NC.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

he’s the first hire of “this type of guy” we’ve made since neuheisel. I don’t think we knew sark was that kind of guy.

Good point, bout time we got back to hiring metrosexuals
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

In order of importance for the next 12 months

1. Bringing Fajita and Mcmillen
    2. Bringing the good half the Zona roster
    3. Hiring good assistants
    4. Salvaging what is possible from the UW roster
    5. finding 3-5 bigger fisch in the portal
    6. Starting the season 5-0
    7. recruiting and portal fisching well during season
    8. Finishing the season strong
    9. Win 9+ games
    10. Building momentum into the next year
    11. Get guys to buy in and come back for another season
    12. Clean up anything that needs to be cleaned up in the off season
    13. Being worried that another team wants to pay UW 30+ mil because he is a good coach they want
    Disagree. BONEM
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 16
    I know no one is concerned about Fisch leaving yet but this is playing with fire to leave the buyout this low....

I appreciate UW going for it... but the leaving buyout should be at least double and the termination buyout halved.
  • Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 16
    AEB said:

Delete thread. I thought it was two.

Nope. There are some really tiny increases in our Big 10 share starting around year 3 that might push us up to something like a 50.5% share in year 3 and a 52%ish share by year 6. Or maybe our slightly increased money is just increasing at the same rate that the other Big 10 member's share is increasing in the (probably somewhat backloaded) TV deal. I've seen the specifics of our Big 10 share before, but I kind of forget exactly how it works. But, in any case, it's basically a 50% share for 6 years.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

I know no one is concerned about Fisch leaving yet but this is playing with fire to leave the buyout this low....

I appreciate UW going for it... but the leaving buyout should be at least double and the termination buyout halved.
    Fucking morons. 12 mill and below is chump change to blue bloods/NFL. And if we? fire him w/out cause for being a total disaster, we? owe him 85% of his remaining salary. Good job guys! JFC. This program is enough to drive you insane.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,020
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I think we get an extra $1m per year from the B1G deal until 2030, at which point we get full share. Until then, we can borrow against future earnings as well.

Re: the buyout, I don’t think it matters. It’s pretty high for two years and if he’s worth a shit, he’ll need a pay increase (and therefore a re-negotiation) at that point anyway.

That’s not high at all. If Florida comes calling next season, he’s gone and we’re back at square one.

Dannen, you dumbfuck.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

ffs, Bama just paid a $12,000,000 buyout. ADs need to start tying the buyout to the total value of the contract. We'll pay you $1,000,000 more per year but your buyout is 50% of the contract. You can even be HONEST about it. Hey we want to make it as toxic as possible for another progrum to hire you away because we love you. We're willing to pay a premium but you need to agree to this buyout.

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 16
    dtd said:

ffs, Bama just paid a $12,000,000 buyout. ADs need to start tying the buyout to the total value of the contract. We'll pay you $1,000,000 more per year but your buyout is 50% of the contract. You can even be HONEST about it. Hey we want to make it as toxic as possible for another progrum to hire you away because we love you. We're willing to pay a premium but you need to agree to this buyout.

They really need to make buy-outs variable based on record/performance, and who is paying it.
    - If leaving for Power 4 conf, buyout is 2x, if record is over .750, buyout is 3x
    - If performance is below .500, Buyout = Winning % x Stated Buyout.

Then I'm good with those numbers above.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    How would Sexton get his cut??
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

That fat fuk doesn't need cuts of anything.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Postal91 said:

dtd said:

They really need to make buy-outs variable based on record/performance, and who is paying it.
    - If leaving for Power 4 conf, buyout is 2x, if record is over .750, buyout is 3x
    - If performance is below .500, Buyout = Winning % x Stated Buyout.

Then I'm good with those numbers above.
    Something, ANYTHING.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Postal91 said:

That fat fuk doesn't need cuts of anything.
    Just little cuts. Cutlets.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Fishpo31 said:

All of the "longevity" talk makes me laff...Coaches are hired to be fired, and they know it, now more than ever. They are gonna cash out, as many times as they can. The opportunities for the brass ring are few and far between, and there is usually no second shot. Is it even a negotiation?..."Mr. Fishpo, we would like to give you a massive salary bump, and offer you the top resources in the industry"...

I don't know if Fischpo will bolt for FLA in a couple years...I may be dead in a couple years. I'll ride with whoever is driving...let it rip...
    https://youtu.be/4i4TF4QY96E?si=mJJ5DobJwKdiauAy

Yup. College football coaches are no longer LTR material. It’s a FWB situation.

They show up, bring all their friends to the party. You have fun. Both of you know what the deal is. If it ends, no hard feelings.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Miami paid NINE MILLION DOLLARS for MARIO FUCKING CRYSTABALLZ TWO YEARS AGO!

ahem
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Buyout and contract can always be redone