Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Thoughts on Fisch & Staying Long

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
1) The buyout will be huge if he leaves, and the net difference between the two for the next coach will be beneficial to the department like it was with KDB. He only leaves if he’s winning, too.

2) Expect a raise and extension going into Year 3. If he is who we want him to be, after Year 2 he’ll be due for a raise and extension as UW starts to get a full share from the B1G.

The two year point will once again be huge. He’ll either leave and UW gets paid and can source another coach, or he gets a raise and stays 7-10 years. Many of our financial challenges improve once we get a full share, and therefore that’s timeframe.

TL;DR - WGAF

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 15

Can UW afford to fire him if he sucks, assuming a large buyout?

I purposely left that part out. See Mike Hopkins

EDIT - joking aside, the full B1G share helps a lot on that front. As long as he doesn’t hit a player and we can make it two years.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I think he stays unless Harbaugh remains at Michigan for another year and that job opens up. The more I hear about Florida the more I think their cheap AD won't have the balls to pay out 30 mil for Nipples' buyout and another 20mil+ for Fisch's alongside a new contract. That's A&M money.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PatsDoog said:

I think he stays unless Harbaugh remains at Michigan for another year and that job opens up. The more I hear about Florida the more I think their cheap AD won't have the balls to pay out 30 mil for Nipples' buyout and another 20mil+ for Fisch's alongside a new contract. That's A&M money.

Not as concerned about FL. He’s a Jersey native who went to FL to get connected with Spurrier to get into coaching. That seems more transactional than not.
  • Options
    Founders Club

we had no choice but to hire him IRREGARDLESS

Right. And, he’s a complete 360 degree change from DeBoer.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

How so?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    he’s the first hire of “this type of guy” we’ve made since neuheisel. I don’t think we knew sark was that kind of guy.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

How so?
    He’ll be portaling in his own QB and RB for one.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

AEB said:

How so?
    DeBoor tried to portal one and got another of his former QBs. Guess he didn't get a RB. I'm not arguing, I don't know much about this Fisch fellah.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

1) The buyout will be huge if he leaves, and the net difference between the two for the next coach will be beneficial to the department like it was with KDB. He only leaves if he’s winning, too.

2) Expect a raise and extension going into Year 3. If he is who we want him to be, after Year 2 he’ll be due for a raise and extension as UW starts to get a full share from the B1G.

The two year point will once again be huge. He’ll either leave and UW gets paid and can source another coach, or he gets a raise and stays 7-10 years. Many of our financial challenges improve once we get a full share, and therefore that’s timeframe.

TL;DR - WGAF

Just twatted this but if Florida fires Napier, it’ll be at or before the end of the season and if Fisch takes it, it’ll be early in the cycle so UW won’t be in the same precarious situation.
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

AEB said:

How so?
    DeBoor tried to portal one and got another of his former QBs. Guess he didn't get a RB. I'm not arguing, I don't know much about this Fisch fellah.
    Based on the turnaround in AZ and how surprisingly difficult they were to play this year (they broke Rome’s ribs!), I like this hire. Not as concerned about him leaving is the broader point. If he sucks, we’re stuck for a few years, but like DeBoer, if his QB comes, we probably won’t suck. If he’s good and he leaves, the buyout helps a lot. Of the 3 true outcomes: Sucks, Good/Great and stays, Good/Great and leaves, we’re happy in two and the third could be mitigated by Fafita similar to Penix… And IRREGARDLESS is not a word!!!!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

AEB said:

TL;DR - WGAF

Just twatted this but if Florida fires Napier, it’ll be at or before the end of the season and if Fisch takes it, it’ll be early in the cycle so UW won’t be in the same precarious situation.
    @AEB made a good poont above, the Florida thing was just part of his hustle. Fisch never played football there or anywhere. So it's not Florida alone weº have to worry about, it's Florida and all other jobs perceived to be above Warshington.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,146
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

AEB said:

So you’re saying he’s DeBoer?
    I laffed
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,590
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    He will not be here 7 years….no chance