Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hypothetically speaking, better option for UW Football in 2024 and going forward: DeBoer or Fisch?

Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 985
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited January 15 in Hardcore Husky Board
DeBoer or Fisch?

I'll go with the guy who rebuilt a lower-resource bottom feeder in Tucson and is unquestionably the better recruiter of the two

#Upgrade

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,051
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oh boy, here we go!
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Depends who we get from UA and who we keep from the portal

We can debate once we see the end of spring ball
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

I’ll wait until next January to answer. Right now, I’d go DeBoner based on what he was able to do here, knowing the talent coming back.

I think DeBoer and his staff's limpdick recruiting effort was gonna catch up big-time beginning next fall.

If Fisch brings along Fifita, it's a major upgrade over the try-hard Mike Leach system guy who ended the season on the bench at Mississippi State
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

are you jealous of offseason natty talk or only Oregon wins those championships?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,568
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

are you jealous of offseason natty talk or only Oregon wins those championships?
    UW doesn't even make the 12 team playoff.

But no, I just find all of this quite amusing, and predictable. It was only a matter of tim before we got the "Fisch > DeBoer" thread.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

But no, I just find all of this quite amusing, and predictable. It was only a matter of tim before we got the "Fisch > DeBoer" thread.
    Yeah and all the people that chinned the OP show that the bored seconds the sentiment.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Yeah and all the people that chinned the OP show that the bored seconds the sentiment.
    haha, word.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Gonna take awhile to earn the trust of this jilted lover again. Does he have decent defensive coaching contacts?I don’t follow recruiting at all anymore. Is there a JTT or non-Fetters 5 star coming up anytime soon? Can he repair relationships with Eastside Catholic, O’Dea, Kennedy, Bellevue, Rainier Beach etc? Do those schools matter anymore? Does teen boy stalking matter anymore?
    This team probably sucks next year with literally anyone coaching. So, no. Would have won 7 with staff intact. Might not make a bowl next year.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Gonna take awhile to earn the trust of this jilted lover again. Does he have decent defensive coaching contacts?I don’t follow recruiting at all anymore. Is there a JTT or non-Fetters 5 star coming up anytime soon? Can he repair relationships with Eastside Catholic, O’Dea, Kennedy, Bellevue, Rainier Beach etc? Do those schools matter anymore? Does teen boy stalking matter anymore?
    This team probably sucks next year with literally anyone coaching. So, no. Would have won 7 with staff intact. Might not make a bowl next year.

UW will definitely not suck next year with Fifita, TMac and an infusion of talent from UA's oline.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

UW will definitely not suck next year with Fifita, TMac and an infusion of talent from UA's oline.
    I’m not even a little bit convinced they’re transferring. Could totally see a situation where they rally around a shitty coordinator to HC promotion and try to finish what they started in Tucson.
    This. I’ll believe it when I see it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,488
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eklund is usually useless but right after DeBoer left he did have some insight that I think is correct. He said one of the main reasons DeBoer left was he felt like he was in for a long season in 2024 due to players leaving and his own lack of recruiting success. He mentioned that even some of the players penciled in as returning starters for 2024 were planning on hitting the portal regardless of deboor being coach or not. Muhammad was one of them.

A world could exist where we end up with a better roster next year with Fisch than we would have with DeBoor

We're 100% going to have a better roster. Doesn't mean DeBoer couldn't get more wins out of next year. Either way it was going to be reloading/rebuilding and DeBoer's a bitch if that was a big deal to him.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Pretty sure UW wouldn’t make the 12 team playoff with Deboer. 2024 was always going to take a nose dive. Not sure a single person on this board thought we would.