Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hypothetically speaking, better option for UW Football in 2024 and going forward: DeBoer or Fisch?

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,517
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

are you jealous of offseason natty talk or only Oregon wins those championships?
    UW doesn't even make the 12 team playoff.

But no, I just find all of this quite amusing, and predictable. It was only a matter of tim before we got the "Fisch > DeBoer" thread.
    Pretty sure UW wouldn’t make the 12 team playoff with Deboer. 2024 was always going to take a nose dive. Not sure a single person on this board thought we would.
    Revisionist history at its finest
  • Options

Eklund is usually useless but right after DeBoer left he did have some insight that I think is correct. He said one of the main reasons DeBoer left was he felt like he was in for a long season in 2024 due to players leaving and his own lack of recruiting success. He mentioned that even some of the players penciled in as returning starters for 2024 were planning on hitting the portal regardless of deboor being coach or not. Muhammad was one of them.

A world could exist where we end up with a better roster next year with Fisch than we would have with DeBoor

That’s really interesting. What was muhammad’s issue with UW?
  • Options
    dtd said:

Gonna take awhile to earn the trust of this jilted lover again. Does he have decent defensive coaching contacts?I don’t follow recruiting at all anymore. Is there a JTT or non-Fetters 5 star coming up anytime soon? Can he repair relationships with Eastside Catholic, O’Dea, Kennedy, Bellevue, Rainier Beach etc? Do those schools matter anymore? Does teen boy stalking matter anymore?
    This team probably sucks next year with literally anyone coaching. So, no. Would have won 7 with staff intact. Might not make a bowl next year.

UW will definitely not suck next year with Fifita, TMac and an infusion of talent from UA's oline.
    UAs OL was bad. Fisch will have better luck trying to get the existing UW OL to stay
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

are you jealous of offseason natty talk or only Oregon wins those championships?

But no, I just find all of this quite amusing, and predictable. It was only a matter of tim before we got the "Fisch > DeBoer" thread.
    Pretty sure UW wouldn’t make the 12 team playoff with Deboer. 2024 was always going to take a nose dive. Not sure a single person on this board thought we would.
    You’re obviously capable of quoting or adding links. Who here said UW was a playoff team next year? I’ll wait.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

I did to be honest. My doog was on over drive and I was buying everything the snake oil insurance sales man was selling. It was just a couple more D transfers and a couple more on O and I figured dedouche would culture and coach his team to the top 12.

First time I’ve ever gone all in on a coach. It only took me watching three movies about violence and death and a Spider-Man movie to get some perspective.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

You’re obviously capable of quoting or adding links. Who here said UW was a playoff team next year? I’ll wait.
    Never verbalized for fear of mockery by all the mean ducks here.
  • Options

Eklund is usually useless but right after DeBoer left he did have some insight that I think is correct. He said one of the main reasons DeBoer left was he felt like he was in for a long season in 2024 due to players leaving and his own lack of recruiting success. He mentioned that even some of the players penciled in as returning starters for 2024 were planning on hitting the portal regardless of deboor being coach or not. Muhammad was one of them.

This makes a lot of sense but I doubt DeBoer told Eckland shit or that Deboer gave Exkland any insight on his feelings. The writing was on the wall with the recruiting failures and departures. Might as well run while you can given the free pub he’s enjoyed all year.

Mohammed doesn’t make sense.
  • Options
    edited January 15

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

I did to be honest. My doog was on over drive and I was buying everything the snake oil insurance sales man was selling. It was just a couple more D transfers and a couple more on O and I figured dedouche would culture and coach his team to the top 12.

First time I’ve ever gone all in on a coach. It only took me watching three movies about violence and death and a Spider-Man movie to get some perspective.
    Well. Shit. lol.

I was on the fence of let’s win the NC this year and I will be good for the next 10 years. Now I’m fucked.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Well. Shit. lol.
    To my defense I had mentioned more than a couple times here how the cupboard was looking a little empty. I still was a believer though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Same. By Thursday I was doubtful on whether I'd even keep coming to this site. No other reason than crushing sports depression that only got worse reading the board.

My ball shrinkage started to dissipate on its own, then the coaching search picked up steam, and now here we are. Bummer about Deboer but apparently the football program is in good hands.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "I don't deal with hypotheticals".
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Hard to say. I didn't even allow myself to think about what the reset was going to look like because we were in the middle of the world's most stressful 21 game winning streak. We didn't have time to decompress from the natty game before he was gone, so I don't think there even was a prevailing narrative about what 2024 was going to look like.

We're also in a pretty uncertain period in CFB - do you need robust HS recruiting to build a successful program? Or can you sustain success on 1-2 year infusions of talent? Nobody actually knows, but Deboer leaving is certainly an indication of what he might've been thinking.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 761
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    ntxduck said:

A world could exist where we end up with a better roster next year with Fisch than we would have with DeBoor

ntxduck said:

I am also curious about this. If he goes anywhere more than like 100 miles from his hometown the he is completely full of shit.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,281
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DeBoer struck lightning with inheriting a surprisingly decent amount of talent and then bringing in an ace like Penix that really put things in motion, he also added a few good portal pieces. Was last season repeatable? I'm going to say absofuckinglutely not, and he knew it. He didn't attack recruiting like his job relied on it, because, well, it didn't. Win big with a senior/upperclassmen heavy class, cash in and LEAVE because he isn't replicating last season. Who knows if DeBoer can recruit on a large level, Fisch has a ton of experience NFL and College, which will serve us well

So, with that being said, our best option big picture wise is with Fisch
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,281
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Same. By Thursday I was doubtful on whether I'd even keep coming to this site. No other reason than crushing sports depression that only got worse reading the board.

My ball shrinkage started to dissipate on its own, then the coaching search picked up steam, and now here we are. Bummer about Deboer but apparently the football program is in good hands.
    Of course you'd be back, you're a goddam Mariners fan. You guys live for shit like this
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,645
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

chuck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

Of course you'd be back, you're a goddam Mariners fan. You guys live for shit like this
    Well, what else do I have to do?
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    LawDawg1 said:

ntxduck said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

DeBoer is a killer coach. If he stays and there's continuity I could easily see several good pieces coming through the portal.

2024 looked like a 2-3 loss season at minimum. But could verge on 4-5.

Think the offense would have been strong and the team would have competed well.

There's no shame in losing some games after a natty run. He's too much of a pussy to handle it I guess.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,583
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

My sources tell me Jabbar didn't like the weather in Seattle.

So he's going to Eugene.

He's a merc. We gave him a contract. He wanted another one.

Good luck to him. Oregon State is just a non conference game next year.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,114
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

LawDawg1 said:

dtd said:

Oh boy, here we go!

The joke is that they don't make the 12 team offseason playoff.