Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete(ersen)

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Wish that dude had more Dwag in him. People gave him more shit over his OKG thing, but he was a talent evaluator beyond compare. DoucheBore leveraged ´Pete’s guys and program into 12 per at Bama. Wish Pete wanted to win more and experiment on offenses. He would’ve won huge.

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    He just had to fuck the neighbor for a while. He’ll be back soon. Don’t worry.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AEB said:

Wish that dude had more Dwag in him. People gave him more shit over his OKG thing, but he was a talent evaluator beyond compare. DoucheBore leveraged ´Pete’s guys and program into 12 per at Bama. Wish Pete wanted to win more and experiment on offenses. He would’ve won huge.

He's taken a long walk to get some perspective. He's refreshed and ready to go. Already has a house and everything. Both Petes. I honestly don't care which one at this point but there's nobody I would trust more than the Petes. I have some real daddy issues right now.
    Petersen provides day 1 familiarity, stability, recruiting connections, and solid coaching accumen.

Carroll is my first choice, but IF, and it's a big IF, Petersen has the desire and the pissed off Boise State underdog attitude back, then you have to bring him in.

This roster is getting massacred and it will be a rebuild at this point. Petersen might be able to get some of the portal guys bought back in. The other big question is can he play the NIL and portal game at all?
  • Options
    Founders Club

AEB said:

He's taken a long walk to get some perspective. He's refreshed and ready to go. Already has a house and everything. Both Petes. I honestly don't care which one at this point but there's nobody I would trust more than the Petes. I have some real daddy issues right now.
    Petersen provides day 1 familiarity, stability, recruiting connections, and solid coaching accumen.

Carroll is my first choice, but IF, and it's a big IF, Petersen has the desire and the pissed off Boise State underdog attitude back, then you have to bring him in.

This roster is getting massacred and it will be a rebuild at this point. Petersen might be able to get some of the portal guys bought back in. The other big question is can he play the NIL and portal game at all?
    My thoughts here are, 1) he’s been watching note for a couple of years, and 2) In think he was involved in the NIL revamp and planning.

The guy can get talent wherever. Plus, it was his guys who stayed and made DeWhore successful (ex Penix).

My biggest concern is would he delegate the offense to a more innovative coordinator.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Founders Club

My feelings about Petersen continue to evolve, and will continue to probably do so, especially in light of this week’s events.

But sports, and hell - human history, is littered with cautionary tales of trying to bring back former leaders. Like getting back together with an ex, you quickly remember why you parted ways in the first place.

Petersen’s fatal flaw is he’s too rigid and set in his ways. Maybe that’s changed, but I doubt it.

Voice of reason
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    AEB said:

AEB said:

My thoughts here are, 1) he’s been watching note for a couple of years, and 2) In think he was involved in the NIL revamp and planning.

The guy can get talent wherever. Plus, it was his guys who stayed and made DeWhore successful (ex Penix).

My biggest concern is would he delegate the offense to a more innovative coordinator.
    "ex penix" is one hell of a writeoff lmao, yeah dawg we would have been cool with Morris
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    None of these established or retired coaches want to lose 10 games in their first year. This roster is going to be dogshit.

HS recruiting is beyond destroyed.

Don't see CP or Carroll hustling the portal. It's a much younger man's game.
  • Options
    Founders Club

My feelings about Petersen continue to evolve, and will continue to probably do so, especially in light of this week’s events.

But sports, and hell - human history, is littered with cautionary tales of trying to bring back former leaders. Like getting back together with an ex, you quickly remember why you parted ways in the first place.

Petersen’s fatal flaw is he’s too rigid and set in his ways. Maybe that’s changed, but I doubt it.

True, but coaching has had this type of scenario happen successfully a number of times.

Snyder at Kansas State was ancient as shit and had a better run in round two than in round one.

• Options

None of these established or retired coaches want to lose 10 games in their first year. This roster is going to be dogshit.

HS recruiting is beyond destroyed.

Don't see CP or Carroll hustling the portal. It's a much younger man's game.

Yeah dude I'm sure if belicheck hopped into college he wouldn't be able to pull any recruits 🙄

And he's the grumpiest grandpa in football history, give me a fucking break
  • Options
    Founders Club
    bigcc said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

"ex penix" is one hell of a writeoff lmao, yeah dawg we would have been cool with Morris
    I was not writing off Penix. However, Penix in his own words was looking for somewhere that has a ton of talent and found that with Petes guys. With Morris they win 10 and play Liberty.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13

True, but coaching has had this type of scenario happen successfully a number of times.

Snyder at Kansas State was ancient as shit and had a better run in round two than in round one.

One of the exceptions that proves the rule.

Look, if Chris Petersen 2: Electric Boogaloo comes to fruition, I would very happy if it turned out to be a redemption arc, and that would be an amazing story if he learned from the past, grew, and came back to give us our title. All my past grievances would be forgiven.
    With the current roster situation, it's hard to envision a better hire. You can bring in a solid coach but there are big problems.

Petersen has PROVEN he can take a pretty mediocre program and team to #4 in the country. The first two years were a complete culture reset and rebound with Cyler and freshman Browning teams.

It has the making of a good redemption arc, keeps the program nationally relevant, and hopefully it's considered by all parties. I honestly think that would be better than hiring a Klieman or a uhhh, ummm, I don't even fucking know who else.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Fuck it...

Pair Petersen with Kliff Kingsberry as the OC, that fixes all the offensive creativity and offensive recruiting issues Petersen may have. Petersen can keep himself to the GM role and limit the overwork, let the Kliff experiment with Petersen oversight run. Tell Kliff he can have control in 3-5 years if he does a good job.

Take the extra money and hire the Iowa or some BIG10 defensive coordinator, whoever has done the best job last year, make him the highest paid DC in the country if you have to, UW has plenty of money to do so.

fuck... WE? are so fucked aren't we................

Same as it ever was.
  • Options
    AEB said:

bigcc said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

I was not writing off Penix. However, Penix in his own words was looking for somewhere that has a ton of talent and found that with Petes guys. With Morris they win 10 and play Liberty.
    You're fucking CRAZY if you think Morris wins 10 LMAO

Yeah bro, simmer down lmao, Morris loses all 8 one score games MINIMUM, fuck out of here 10 wins

In case you were being facetious don't care, don't sully penix memories with Morris trash
  • Options
    Founders Club
    bigcc said:

AEB said:

bigcc said:

AEB said:

AEB said:

In case you were being facetious don't care, don't sully penix memories with Morris trash
    I like Morris more than most, but this made me LOL hard

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Petersen is enigmatic. He developed a reputation at Boise State as an innovator and great developer of undervalued talent. In 2016, a new script for success at a P5 conference went mostly unread. He had Sark’s edgy skills guys with attitudes, most of whom bought into his approach. It worked marvelously, but Pete didn’t adapt. He didn’t modify his recruiting biases.

If he is willing to take some risk in recruiting edgy type talent that he could coach, I believe he could have great success at UW.