Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Pete(ersen)

13»

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    dtd said:

My feelings about Petersen continue to evolve, and will continue to probably do so, especially in light of this week’s events.

But sports, and hell - human history, is littered with cautionary tales of trying to bring back former leaders. Like getting back together with an ex, you quickly remember why you parted ways in the first place.

Petersen’s fatal flaw is he’s too rigid and set in his ways. Maybe that’s changed, but I doubt it.

True, but coaching has had this type of scenario happen successfully a number of times.

Snyder at Kansas State was ancient as shit and had a better run in round two than in round one.

One of the exceptions that proves the rule.

Look, if Chris Petersen 2: Electric Boogaloo comes to fruition, I would very happy if it turned out to be a redemption arc, and that would be an amazing story if he learned from the past, grew, and came back to give us our title. All my past grievances would be forgiven.
    With the current roster situation, it's hard to envision a better hire. You can bring in a solid coach but there are big problems.

Petersen has PROVEN he can take a pretty mediocre program and team to #4 in the country. The first two years were a complete culture reset and rebound with Cyler and freshman Browning teams.

It has the making of a good redemption arc, keeps the program nationally relevant, and hopefully it's considered by all parties. I honestly think that would be better than hiring a Klieman or a uhhh, ummm, I don't even fucking know who else.
    Absolutely not
    Let's hear your alternative strategy? Who's out there to hire that would be better than a year 3 #4 finish?
    Taking Kansas to 8-5 is pretty much the same thing as taking UW to 14-1 whatever Peet did.
    Are we talking about Kansas or Kansas State dude here? I'm pretty sure I've seen both lobbied and I'm all mixed up.

Kansas Leopard guy went 9-4. Not gonna bother going further into this analysis right now.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 13

dtd said:

My feelings about Petersen continue to evolve, and will continue to probably do so, especially in light of this week’s events.

But sports, and hell - human history, is littered with cautionary tales of trying to bring back former leaders. Like getting back together with an ex, you quickly remember why you parted ways in the first place.

Petersen’s fatal flaw is he’s too rigid and set in his ways. Maybe that’s changed, but I doubt it.

True, but coaching has had this type of scenario happen successfully a number of times.

Snyder at Kansas State was ancient as shit and had a better run in round two than in round one.

Look, if Chris Petersen 2: Electric Boogaloo comes to fruition, I would very happy if it turned out to be a redemption arc, and that would be an amazing story if he learned from the past, grew, and came back to give us our title. All my past grievances would be forgiven.
    With the current roster situation, it's hard to envision a better hire. You can bring in a solid coach but there are big problems.

Petersen has PROVEN he can take a pretty mediocre program and team to #4 in the country. The first two years were a complete culture reset and rebound with Cyler and freshman Browning teams.

It has the making of a good redemption arc, keeps the program nationally relevant, and hopefully it's considered by all parties. I honestly think that would be better than hiring a Klieman or a uhhh, ummm, I don't even fucking know who else.
    Absolutely not
    Let's hear your alternative strategy? Who's out there to hire that would be better than a year 3 #4 finish?
    Taking Kansas to 8-5 is pretty much the same thing as taking UW to 14-1 whatever Peet did.
    Are we talking about Kansas or Kansas State dude here? I'm pretty sure I've seen both lobbied and I'm all mixed up.

Kansas Leopard guy went 9-4. Not gonna bother going further into this analysis right now.
    Yes. They are the same guy based on my 30 seconds on wiki.

Lance Leipold HC Kansas: 109!!!-6 at Wisconsin Whitewater, whatever the fuck that is. Six Nattys in 8 years.

Born and raised in Wisconsin and Nebraska.

9-4 at Kansas last year.

Chris Klieman HC KSU: 69-6 at NDSU.
    4 Nattys in 5 years.
    Worst finish was the final 4. 39-24 in Little Manhattan.
    2023 Pop Tarts Bowl Champion(print em!).

Born and raised in Iowa and Nodak(I like to call it that).

Ring a bell or two?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dtd said:

Absolutely not

And signed a contract extension
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    dtd said:

dtd said:

Absolutely not

Lance Leipold HC Kansas: 109!!!-6 at Wisconsin Whitewater, whatever the fuck that is. Six Nattys in 8 years.

9-4 at Kansas last year.

4 Nattys in 5 years.

Ring a bell or two?
    Ding dong, yes.

I'm also gonna throw out both Nevada coaches because why not?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Choate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Odom
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

dtd said:

Absolutely not

9-4 at Kansas last year.

4 Nattys in 5 years.

Ring a bell or two?
    Ding dong, yes.

Well now you need to educate me.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 13
    dtd said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Absolutely not

9-4 at Kansas last year.

4 Nattys in 5 years.

Ring a bell or two?
    Ding dong, yes.

You missed my edit. I always find a needed edit and it bites me sometimes. It's my biggest flaw. But you all know how it is. You say somethin, you post, you change it up, but someone has already responded. It's wild, right? I know we've all been there.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Absolutely not

9-4 at Kansas last year.

4 Nattys in 5 years.

Ring a bell or two?
    Ding dong, yes.

You missed my edit. I always find a needed edit and it bites me sometimes. It's my biggest flaw. But you all know how it is. You say somethin, you post, you change it up, but someone has already responded. It's wild, right? I know we've all been there.
    Same. All the tim.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    edited January 13
    As much as I liked Peterman, the dude didn't like where the recruiting game was going then there is no fucking way he comes back to this shit show.

Besides, the guy walked away once. Recruits and players will always wonder when he'll call it quits again.

We need to move on from this one.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hire Choat so I can call him Chode when I learn to hate him.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tosh Lupio. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

As much as I liked Peterman, the dude didn't like where the recruiting game was going then there is no fucking way he comes back to this shit show.

Besides, the guy walked away once. Recruits and players will always wonder when he'll call it quits again.

We need to move on from this one.

This is probably correct. But still, I want Dannen to have that meeting.