Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official “Who’s going to be your new team?” Thread

EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Since UW is folding its football program, and I can’t work today because I’ve had no voice since Tuesday, I figured I should start a thread about who everyone should choose as their new college football team.

I’ll start with myself. My dad grew up in Georgia, and I’ve always rooted for them, but they fucked us out of the Rose Bowl, so fuck them. Texas and A&M were my grandpa and grandma’s teams. I’m not rooting for Sark and Aggie is aids, so they’re out. The only logical choice here is my maternal grandfather’s home state team of Nebraska. They were good in the 90’s but have since given up on life, just like UW. I’m not sure I’m classy enough to be a Nebraska fan, but I’ll do my best.

Next, I’ll move on to people who already have their teams. @DerekJohnson chose Tennessee, have fun with that. @Tequilla has TCU, @creepycoug has The U, @PurpleBaze and @Mad_Son have the REAL UW, now that they can claim that by default. @Softy has Bellevue CC.

@RaceBannon was a colonial, so his new team is the George Washington University Colonials.

@Swaye’s new team is the Bradley University Braves. Obviously.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover lives in Lexington, so UK is the obvious choice. University of Wisconsin Green Bay is a strong contender given his love of cheese.

@Doog_de_Jour chose to live in Colorado, so she’s stuck playing for clicks until Prime leaves.

@backthepack is killing himself, so he may as well root for a dead program, so Western Washington University it is.

The world’s largest grocery store is in Cincinnati, so @theknowledge will be rooting for the Bearcats from now on.

@dirtysouwfdawg lives in South Carolina, and pulling for Cocks seems like a natural fit.

@dnc lives in Tennessee but also has ties to Carolina, so we’ll put him near the border and give him the Appalachian State Mountaineers.

@YellowSnow is in Bend, home of OSU-Cascades. Looks like you’re a Beavis now, pal.

@PurpleJ is a tough one. Being an openly gay man, the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors seem like a natural fit, but he may lean towards UCLA and suspected gay man Chip Kelly like his good friend @coronabruin.

Living in Vancouver, it appears @haie is stuck rooting for the Ducks and taking over as the main mod for the refuge. Hopefully he and @46XiJCAB can get a room and make up.

That’s all I have for now, feel free to add to this or challenge my selections.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,510
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    UBC! Go Thunderbirds!
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,988
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No one. College football is dead.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Since UW is folding its football program, and I can’t work today because I’ve had no voice since Tuesday, I figured I should start a thread about who everyone should choose as their new college football team.

I’ll start with myself. My dad grew up in Georgia, and I’ve always rooted for them, but they fucked us out of the Rose Bowl, so fuck them. Texas and A&M were my grandpa and grandma’s teams. I’m not rooting for Sark and Aggie is aids, so they’re out. The only logical choice here is my maternal grandfather’s home state team of Nebraska. They were good in the 90’s but have since given up on life, just like UW. I’m not sure I’m classy enough to be a Nebraska fan, but I’ll do my best.

Next, I’ll move on to people who already have their teams. @DerekJohnson chose Tennessee, have fun with that. @Tequilla has TCU, @creepycoug has The U, @PurpleBaze and @Mad_Son have the REAL UW, now that they can claim that by default. @Softy has Bellevue CC.

@RaceBannon was a colonial, so his new team is the George Washington University Colonials.

@Swaye’s new team is the Bradley University Braves. Obviously.

@CFetters_Nacho_Lover lives in Lexington, so UK is the obvious choice. University of Wisconsin Green Bay is a strong contender given his love of cheese.

@Doog_de_Jour chose to live in Colorado, so she’s stuck playing for clicks until Prime leaves.

@backthepack is killing himself, so he may as well root for a dead program, so Western Washington University it is.

The world’s largest grocery store is in Cincinnati, so @theknowledge will be rooting for the Bearcats from now on.

@dirtysouwfdawg lives in South Carolina, and pulling for Cocks seems like a natural fit.

@dnc lives in Tennessee but also has ties to Carolina, so we’ll put him near the border and give him the Appalachian State Mountaineers.

@YellowSnow is in Bend, home of OSU-Cascades. Looks like you’re a Beavis now, pal.

@PurpleJ is a tough one. Being an openly gay man, the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warriors seem like a natural fit, but he may lean towards UCLA and suspected gay man Chip Kelly like his good friend @coronabruin.

Living in Vancouver, it appears @haie is stuck rooting for the Ducks and taking over as the main mod for the refuge. Hopefully he and @46XiJCAB can get a room and make up.

That’s all I have for now, feel free to add to this or challenge my selections.

I don't recommend "the U" for the time being. Yes, my heart is broken, but I'm also numb.

@RaceBannon will pick a Cal school, likely USC, because of respect. Although I'll never deny his Black Hills League Tuff bonafides, he ain't from around here no more (Mississippi Burning) and is living the Temecula dream. But he has also flashed a bit of an anti-blue blood world view and has shown some attraction to the up-and-comers, so he may make a crazy choice that none of us can predict.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    My grandfather was offered a scholarship to Clemson as a 165 lb offensive lineman in 1941. He was embarrassed to accept it because they only wanted him to play football. According to him the real athletes played football, baseball, and basketball in those days.
    Pearl Harbor happened, he lied about his age and joined the merchant marines after high school. He was young for his grade and graduated at 17. Eventually ended up career Air Force and never played football again.
    People were better back then. Too bad Clemson is on the decline.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,131
    Founders Club
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Whichever team sark coaches for will continue to get my viewership
  • Options
    NookTunnelSyndromeNookTunnelSyndrome Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 183
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing's changed with me.

• Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 12
    I'm not classy by any means, but I guess Nebraska since 81% of my family is from there and I live there
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have basically stopped watching all other sports aside from college football. This could just be the end of sports for me, in general. DeBoer leaving is a pretty clear signal that UW does not have what it takes to compete in the B1G.

Ehh. Iowa.

The only silver lining is that DeBoer isn't here, but Ryan Day and some other fucktards still are.

This assumes that UW does the right thing and gets Fisch or a proven head coach though.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We also have Furman University and they really go all in on the whole FU think. The ginger and I have matching FU shirts and they are purple…
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 709
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Michigan is my new team.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

We also have Furman University and they really go all in on the whole FU think. The ginger and I have matching FU shirts and they are purple…

Solid choice.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m going all in on Montana! I like winning and they’re better than UW on the field anyway. I’ll keep my eye in Nevada as well, I like Choate and I was conceived on a cold night in Reno.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    We’ll always have Tennessee