Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deboer staying in Seattle

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

theLSkid said:

NIL at Washington might be in a better place than most schools. This is the only reason I have any level of sanity.

There’s only two programs in the country right now with long-term NIL plans for their athletes - UW and LSU (Hey Scotty!!)

Most schools are pay for play, which UW kind of does, but the laws in our state makes that incredibly difficult. States like Texas and Florida have wrote into legislation that schools CAN work directly with NIL, including coaches. This really pissed off Saban as Alabama is far behind the turn for allowing that same thing - hence their Leerfield NIL Lounge and partnership, but they’re behind the curve.

What LSU and UW are doing includes a trust fund that athletes can access after graduation/NFL, and that fund is invested during their time playing. The more time at the school, the more compound interest, the more money. Along with getting random sponsorship level deals.

NIL is the name of the game now, Kalen seems like the type to want trust funds and finance guys to handle everything while he coaches ball, at Bama - you gotta embrace leerfield and the agents who are constantly in the lounge, the bag will always be talked about on the recruiting trail in the SEC, and with tOSU struggling to get a collective -Michigan is the only competition.

Washington had one of the best NIL programs? Then why do we get our shit pushed in with HS recruits? We’re slightly better in the portal but not at the level of the top dogs.
    Washington doesn't do NIL for high school stars horoscope talent roulette

UW is ELITE at NIL for proven players
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

DeBoer doesn't seem like the type to go in studio and tell husky fans fuck off to their face

Agree. Also, I believe he’d tell the team first.
    Which would leak this evening.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

theLSkid said:

NIL at Washington might be in a better place than most schools. This is the only reason I have any level of sanity.

There’s only two programs in the country right now with long-term NIL plans for their athletes - UW and LSU (Hey Scotty!!)

Most schools are pay for play, which UW kind of does, but the laws in our state makes that incredibly difficult. States like Texas and Florida have wrote into legislation that schools CAN work directly with NIL, including coaches. This really pissed off Saban as Alabama is far behind the turn for allowing that same thing - hence their Leerfield NIL Lounge and partnership, but they’re behind the curve.

What LSU and UW are doing includes a trust fund that athletes can access after graduation/NFL, and that fund is invested during their time playing. The more time at the school, the more compound interest, the more money. Along with getting random sponsorship level deals.

NIL is the name of the game now, Kalen seems like the type to want trust funds and finance guys to handle everything while he coaches ball, at Bama - you gotta embrace leerfield and the agents who are constantly in the lounge, the bag will always be talked about on the recruiting trail in the SEC, and with tOSU struggling to get a collective -Michigan is the only competition.

Washington had one of the best NIL programs? Then why do we get our shit pushed in with HS recruits? We’re slightly better in the portal but not at the level of the top dogs.
    Washington doesn't do NIL for high school stars horoscope talent roulette

UW is ELITE at NIL for proven players
    You could say they are elite at evaluating the transfers, which is all Deboer. But cash pool wise, don't think that is remotely true.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

theLSkid said:

There’s a difference between pay for play and long term NIL.

If you want the real reason - it’s because UW hasn’t had a national brand and nobody outside of the west coast wants to visit a city like seattle.

• Options
    Founders Club
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

If you want the real reason - it’s because UW hasn’t had a national brand and nobody outside of the west coast wants to visit a city like seattle.

No one wants to visit seattle?

Hilarious

I forget how retarded this place is sometimes

• Options
    Sandra6Sandra6 Member Posts: 147
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    People will just take it as a granted that Alabama will get who Alabama wants until the day that Alabama announces that Tommy Rees has been promoted to head coach.

Lanning was listed as high as -500 just this morning. Then, Lanning announces he doesn’t want the job, so all of a sudden DeBoer becomes the -275 favorite. It’s ridiculous.

DeBoer doesn’t even have Alabama ties-or SEC ties at all- like Lanning does. I really am clueless about where this rumor is coming from.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I heard Phil Knight is funding the buyout.
  • Options

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Social media paints seattle in the same light as portland. I spent some time in the south over December and anyone who asked where I was from after I said “Washington” would say “not seattle right?”… I love seattle, but it’s not the same anymore. Go ahead and have lunch near pukes place, first time I’ve ever seen a homeless man jerking it in broad daylight on a sidewalk. At least go under a bridge.

• Options
    Founders Club
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Social media paints seattle in the same light as portland. I spent some time in the south over December and anyone who asked where I was from after I said “Washington” would say “not seattle right?”… I love seattle, but it’s not the same anymore. Go ahead and have lunch near pukes place, first time I’ve ever seen a homeless man jerking it in broad daylight on a sidewalk. At least go under a bridge.

Your social media?

Case closed
  • Options

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Your social media?

Case closed
    I’ve never heard someone post 2020 Chaz say “I can’t wait to go to seattle!” But then again, people who live in Portland/San Fran/Salem/Spokane think it’s GREAT!

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

Would be hilarous if Deboer was out fishing all day, clueless to the rumor, then comes home to see Fudgie crying on his front lawn.

Dead people don’t cry
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 11
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Your social media?

Case closed
    I’ve never heard someone post 2020 Chaz say “I can’t wait to go to seattle!” But then again, people who live in Portland/San Fran/Salem/Spokane think it’s GREAT!

Because it is. To quote the most beloved poster in the Tug, you gals are hysterical over the wart of homelessness that exists here, and frankly half of the enthusiasm with which people shit on Seattle (pardon the pun) is fueled by political ideology and determinism. But there is so much more to the city than that. Hell, the Ave was crawling with zombie-like figures all the way back in the day when I was there. We've always had a homeless problem here. By and large it doesn't interfere with your life and there is a shit ton more than that to enjoy.

• Options

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Your social media?

Case closed

Because it is. To quote the most beloved poster on the Tug, you gals are hysterical over the wart of homelessness that exists here. There is so much more to the city than that. Hell, the Ave was crawling with zombie-like figures all the way back in the day when I was there. By and large it doesn't interfere with your life and there is a shit ton more than that going on here.

That’s not my point, like I said - I love seattle. Spokane is awful though there is absolutely nothing to do.

The perception of people outside of the west coast is that the city is almost apocalyptic- the same as Detroit back in ‘13 and ‘14, now Detroit is “coming back” when it really hasn’t change much besides the street lights coming back on.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Your social media?

Case closed

Because it is. To quote the most beloved poster on the Tug, you gals are hysterical over the wart of homelessness that exists here. There is so much more to the city than that. Hell, the Ave was crawling with zombie-like figures all the way back in the day when I was there. By and large it doesn't interfere with your life and there is a shit ton more than that going on here.

That’s not my point, like I said - I love seattle. Spokane is awful though there is absolutely nothing to do.

The perception of people outside of the west coast is that the city is almost apocalyptic- the same as Detroit back in ‘13 and ‘14, now Detroit is “coming back” when it really hasn’t change much besides the street lights coming back on.

Yeah, that may be true. I get it.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Hilarious

Your social media?

Case closed

Because it is. To quote the most beloved poster in the Tug, you gals are hysterical over the wart of homelessness that exists here, and frankly half of the enthusiasm with which people shit on Seattle (pardon the pun) is fueled by political ideology and determinism. But there is so much more to the city than that. Hell, the Ave was crawling with zombie-like figures all the way back in the day when I was there. We've always had a homeless problem here. By and large it doesn't interfere with your life and there is a shit ton more than that to enjoy.

The homeless problem in the 80s is nothing close to what it is now.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The homeless problem two years ago was worse than it is now, too.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,533
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Deboer leaves can he take dirtysouwfdawg with him?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If Deboer leaves can he take dirtysouwfdawg with him?

Veto. I live for his weekly complaints about his family