Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deboer staying in Seattle

13»

Comments

• sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 796
    If we're bashing jerking it in broad daylight on a sidewalk then I am OUT.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466 Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

NIL at Washington might be in a better place than most schools. This is the only reason I have any level of sanity.

There’s only two programs in the country right now with long-term NIL plans for their athletes - UW and LSU (Hey Scotty!!)

Most schools are pay for play, which UW kind of does, but the laws in our state makes that incredibly difficult. States like Texas and Florida have wrote into legislation that schools CAN work directly with NIL, including coaches. This really pissed off Saban as Alabama is far behind the turn for allowing that same thing - hence their Leerfield NIL Lounge and partnership, but they’re behind the curve.

What LSU and UW are doing includes a trust fund that athletes can access after graduation/NFL, and that fund is invested during their time playing. The more time at the school, the more compound interest, the more money. Along with getting random sponsorship level deals.

NIL is the name of the game now, Kalen seems like the type to want trust funds and finance guys to handle everything while he coaches ball, at Bama - you gotta embrace leerfield and the agents who are constantly in the lounge, the bag will always be talked about on the recruiting trail in the SEC, and with tOSU struggling to get a collective -Michigan is the only competition.

Washington had one of the best NIL programs? Then why do we get our shit pushed in with HS recruits? We’re slightly better in the portal but not at the level of the top dogs.
    There’s a difference between pay for play and long term NIL.

If you want the real reason - it’s because UW hasn’t had a national brand and nobody outside of the west coast wants to visit a city like seattle.

No one wants to visit seattle?

Hilarious

I forget how retarded this place is sometimes

Social media paints seattle in the same light as portland. I spent some time in the south over December and anyone who asked where I was from after I said “Washington” would say “not seattle right?”… I love seattle, but it’s not the same anymore. Go ahead and have lunch near pukes place, first time I’ve ever seen a homeless man jerking it in broad daylight on a sidewalk. At least go under a bridge.

Youre either a chic or a fag…..or both in todays world

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    vadawg said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

NIL at Washington might be in a better place than most schools. This is the only reason I have any level of sanity.

There’s only two programs in the country right now with long-term NIL plans for their athletes - UW and LSU (Hey Scotty!!)

Most schools are pay for play, which UW kind of does, but the laws in our state makes that incredibly difficult. States like Texas and Florida have wrote into legislation that schools CAN work directly with NIL, including coaches. This really pissed off Saban as Alabama is far behind the turn for allowing that same thing - hence their Leerfield NIL Lounge and partnership, but they’re behind the curve.

What LSU and UW are doing includes a trust fund that athletes can access after graduation/NFL, and that fund is invested during their time playing. The more time at the school, the more compound interest, the more money. Along with getting random sponsorship level deals.

NIL is the name of the game now, Kalen seems like the type to want trust funds and finance guys to handle everything while he coaches ball, at Bama - you gotta embrace leerfield and the agents who are constantly in the lounge, the bag will always be talked about on the recruiting trail in the SEC, and with tOSU struggling to get a collective -Michigan is the only competition.

Washington had one of the best NIL programs? Then why do we get our shit pushed in with HS recruits? We’re slightly better in the portal but not at the level of the top dogs.
    There’s a difference between pay for play and long term NIL.

If you want the real reason - it’s because UW hasn’t had a national brand and nobody outside of the west coast wants to visit a city like seattle.

No one wants to visit seattle?

Hilarious

I forget how retarded this place is sometimes

Social media paints seattle in the same light as portland. I spent some time in the south over December and anyone who asked where I was from after I said “Washington” would say “not seattle right?”… I love seattle, but it’s not the same anymore. Go ahead and have lunch near pukes place, first time I’ve ever seen a homeless man jerking it in broad daylight on a sidewalk. At least go under a bridge.

Youre either a chic or a fag…..or both in todays world

It’s fluid

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,980

thechatch said:

He’s not going on the air to say he’s leaving or staying. It’s what he doesn’t say that matters.

Is that what your sources are telling you?
    The friends I have know next to nothing about Deboer/Alabama
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,121 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 12
    Plot twist: DeBoer staying in Seattle, true, but he commutes to Tuscaloosa on a Harrier jet from his rooftop every morning as Bama HC. I'd be so pissed.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,335 Swaye's Wigwam

Plot twist: DeBoer staying in Seattle, true, but he commutes to Tuscaloosa on a Harrier jet from his rooftop every morning as Bama HC. I'd be so pissed.

Bryant-denny is one of only 3 stadiums you can Jetgate at before games
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    TXDawg said:

Would be hilarous if Deboer was out fishing all day, clueless to the rumor, then comes home to see Fudgie crying on his front lawn.

hope he shoots him for trespassing
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,746 Swaye's Wigwam

If Deboer leaves can he take dirtysouwfdawg with him?