Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflation down again

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

I'm taking 2019

Just like the voters

Are you better off today than 4 years ago is what sunk Carter

lol you’re being disingenuous and stubborn, but you’re entitled to your choice. I wish I had the power to give you your wish….you wouldn’t like it.

If you have a point now would be a good time to reveal it

Pretty sure you don't
    I just proved my point. Everyone wealthier and outgrowing inflation by 37% on average. In turn are able to spend money which causes prices to go up.

Case in point: National Championship game tickets were at least over $1000 the other day? Did anyone blink to buy those tickets? Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl? Nope. It sure looks like the average Joe had the money to fork out at least $3000 to make those games.

How bad could it be? Unless you were a loser who isn’t disciplined financially (probably the Duck loser in this thread) in which it’s his own fault.
    I sit in one of the hottest real estate markets in the country the last few years and nothing is selling. Prices dropping. Homes of all types including mansions or bare land it doesn't matter. Shit ain't selling. If you can't sell your unrealized assets they aren't real assets. The drop in the value of the dollar is showing itself everywhere. You voted for 20 million illegals. We're giving them 5k debit cards, nice hotels, 2500 a month and your gang of commies is registering them to vote.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    1981 called and said you're all pussies

Gasbag's got his wheelbarrow of Deutschemarks ready to buy a loaf of bread.

3.4%

#Hyperinflation!
  • Options
    HuskyBuckHuskyBuck Member Posts: 808
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

HuskyBuck said:

So you’re taking your 2020 net wealth and 2020 prices is what you’re telling me Bob? I’m unclear with your answer

I would take 2020 in a heart beat. Wouldn't have golden handcuffs to our current home and my wages went a lot further.
    Yeah but people bought tickets to the sugar bowl
    The average Joe didn't go to the Sugar Bowl- he watched it at home and went to work the next morning, hoping the fuel pump in his truck would last until his next paycheck. I've been to the NCG- it's not chock full of folks living paycheck to paycheck.
    The average Joe DID go to the Sugar Bowl. I was there, I conversed with many of them.

Then check out the Rose Bowl. Filled with about 65,000 Alabama fans. None of those guys were average Joes? Those tickets were going for at least $450. I'm sure you guys already know that answer, just playing stupid because you can't argue against it.

But back to my practical example here. National Championship tickets were at least $1000 and were actually going the other direction after kickoff. Why weren't they selling for $300? Because the sellers knew they could sell them at $1000 because people could afford to buy them at that price. Did Biden tell them to sell at $1000?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 11
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

So you’re taking your 2020 net wealth and 2020 prices is what you’re telling me Bob? I’m unclear with your answer

I would take 2020 in a heart beat. Wouldn't have golden handcuffs to our current home and my wages went a lot further.
    I hate to break it to you, but mathematically speaking, if you make that choice you’re kind of a moron. I know you’re not a moron so youre just being disingenuous for the sake of holding your stubborn viewpoint.

I know the Duck fan believes what he writes but he genuinely is a moron.
    The value of my home does nothing to help me now. Real estate appreciates over time under almost all scenarios, not just massive inflation periods where my daily expenses rose by probably 25% over a two year span. Money isn't in my pocket from my home value until I actually sell it and all of the other real estate is massively more expensive, too.

Real estate, stocks, bonds, etc. All good if people were invested in them and they went up. All are worthless until the point you can cash them out. Real buying power of wages is what matters here and now.
  • Options

HuskyBuck said:

You could get 18 percent on a CD in 1979

For some reason voters still booted Carter out

Money makes money regardless

But the investor class is small. People that feel inflation are a large group

Democrats were the party of the working man once upon a time

Now you just suck if you aren't scoring big

So you’re taking your 2020 net worth and 2020 prices then?
    My individual financial state is irrelevant

Try to keep up

2019 was better than now. And voters know it

Real wages are up.

Losers lose in any economy.

Bummer for Race.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

The average Joe didn't go to the Sugar Bowl- he watched it at home and went to work the next morning, hoping the fuel pump in his truck would last until his next paycheck. I've been to the NCG- it's not chock full of folks living paycheck to paycheck.
    The average Joe DID go to the Sugar Bowl. I was there, I conversed with many of them.

Then check out the Rose Bowl. Filled with about 65,000 Alabama fans. None of those guys were average Joes? Those tickets were going for at least $450. I'm sure you guys already know that answer, just playing stupid because you can't argue against it.

But back to my practical example here. National Championship tickets were at least $1000 and were actually going the other direction after kickoff. Why weren't they selling for $300? Because the sellers knew they could sell them at $1000 because people could afford to buy them at that price. Did Biden tell them to sell at $1000?
    You're using the example of football tickets holding value to explain that the everyman is in good financial shape? LMAO There were 72k fans there out of 330 million citizens. I went to the game not because I could afford to go, but because I HAD to go. People make irrational choices with money all the time, hence the record credit card debt.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,603
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

Thanks for clarifying- my use of statistics was trumped by your "conversing with the average Joe".
  • Options
    edited January 11

HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

I hate to break it to you, but mathematically speaking, if you make that choice you’re kind of a moron. I know you’re not a moron so youre just being disingenuous for the sake of holding your stubborn viewpoint.

I know the Duck fan believes what he writes but he genuinely is a moron.
    The value of my home does nothing to help me now. Real estate appreciates over time under almost all scenarios, not just massive inflation periods where my daily expenses rose by probably 25% over a two year span. Money isn't in my pocket from my home value until I actually sell it and all of the other real estate is massively more expensive, too.

Real estate, stocks, bonds, etc. All good if people were invested in them and they went up. All are worthless until the point you can cash them out. Real buying power of wages is what matters here and now.
    No 401K, No IRA, No Stock Portfolio? With the DOW at an all time high, those are all at an all time high....for everyone.

If you didn't set aside and aren't disciplined financially, you're screwed anyway bro. Dont blame anyone else for being irresponsible.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,540
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HuskyBuck said:

You could get 18 percent on a CD in 1979

For some reason voters still booted Carter out

Money makes money regardless

But the investor class is small. People that feel inflation are a large group

Democrats were the party of the working man once upon a time

Now you just suck if you aren't scoring big

So you’re taking your 2020 net worth and 2020 prices then?
    My individual financial state is irrelevant

Try to keep up

2019 was better than now. And voters know it

Real wages are up.

Losers lose in any economy.

Bummer for Race.
    Liar
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why can't you losers see how great everything is?

Buck and H

• Options

HuskyBuck said:

HuskyBuck said:

You're using the example of football tickets holding value to explain that the everyman is in good financial shape? LMAO There were 72k fans there out of 330 million citizens. I went to the game not because I could afford to go, but because I HAD to go. People make irrational choices with money all the time, hence the record credit card debt.
    Let me get this straight.....you went to a game you couldn't afford yet are complaining about prices being high? Did I get that right?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    HHusky said:

3.4%

#Hyperinflation!

@HHusky and the @HuskyBuck who bare-backs him actually believe this shit.

Suckers born every minute.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

3.4%

#Hyperinflation!

They don't believe it

They just want their guy in power

And are willing to tell any lie
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

It’s amazing to me how some people can fill their car with gas, go to a grocery store or a hardware store and believe that inflation is really down.

My suspicion is that E-commerce has softened the average consumer’s awareness of price increases. You know you’re paying more but you justify it in your head because of the convenience.

Driving to the grocery store and spending 300.00 for 5 bags of essentials is what really lays bare the cost of living, because that’s a weekly phenomenon for a normal family of 4.

Toss in monthly electric and natural gas bills, monthly gasoline bills with the huge increase in food costs and the average private sector American family knows all about Bidenomics.
    Many many Americans are on autopay.

I get an email from the utilities co letting me know my bill has been paid. Never look at it. I imagine many Americans don’t.

Same with cable, water, sewage etc etc. Many Americans are probably like me in that regard. Also many aren’t going to start looking at things until money gets tight.

I have a 200k foundation/remodel coming up. I’ll look closely at that.

The fucking electric bill? Who wants to inspect that and compare it to 2 years ago.

No one.

So it becomes the weekly receipts that drive our consciousness. Groceries. Gas. Diapers. Shit like that. Add in the fact that 80% of the country can’t balance a checkbook in 2023 and it’s really only the folks that are 40 and older with a mortgage and kids that care about inflation.

Everyone else is happy to click through Amazon in between TiKTok binges because saving for the future is pointless. Trying to buy a house is pointless. Solution is to not have kids and rent forever. If that doesn’t work demand that the government just take care of your expenses. An entire generation of state wards.

It’s unsustainable, but there just enough people like Mello and HH telling people in their 20s and 30s that this is ok.

Also, orange man bad so blindly support the absolute disaster on the other side of the ticket. John Oliver and a bunch of Hollywood actors told me to!👍
    You’re wrong about most people just auto paying and setting it and forgetting it. I’d say only about 20% of folks can do that nowadays.
  • Options
    Lol if you guys say so. I think i've successfully argued my point. I eagerly await the next topic.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,603
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

3.4%

#Hyperinflation!

They don't believe it

They just want their guy in power

And are willing to tell any lie
    If he's happy drinking his victory gin and thanking Big Brother for lowering the price of chocolate...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyBuck said:

Lol if you guys say so. I think i've successfully argued my point. I eagerly await the next topic.

Who says modern education is failing the youth?

Great success Karine
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,993
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HuskyBuck said:

lol
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,955
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

HuskyBuck said:

Who says modern education is failing the youth?

Great success Karine
    The display of knowledge on history, science, math and economics by the leftards is breathtaking. I'm so glad that I learned that Milton Friedman isn't in charge anymore from the dementia patient.
  • Options
    I knew you losers weren't worth my time intellectually, but I had no idea just what losers you were until you started whining about all this "hyperinflation".

Kill yourselves. Seriously.

Cheers