Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW fans

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,589
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Turnout in Houston was great. Really into the game and passionate. Saw some the of the 91’ guys hyping up the crowd on the mezzanine level. Great atmosphere to begin. Until we say Michigan running wild all over the field. Crowd stayed into it for most of the game. Hopefully we have more to attend in the future.

A few gripes.

While waiting for some tacos a husky fans asks the staff if there are any vegan options. I almost ripped the guy. Get out of here dude. So soft. Of course they did not have any. Three people just started laughing out loud after the dude left. You are in Texas buddy eat some REAL food.

Second, take off the fucking masks people. One guy next to us kept taking it off to drink his beer and then putting it back on. Is Fauci your uncle? You flew all the way out to Houston exposing yourself to a multitude of ways to get sick. Same with New Orleans . I didn’t see a single Michigan or Texas fan masking. Some of the fan base is ultra soft. If you get you get sick. You can’t hide from colds your whole life. As Booger would say, put your big boy pants on.

That is all

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Michigan masks in my section.

Northerners brains are broken.

I don’t know if I’ve changed or UW did but the fans were more passive and effeminate than I remember. Football on the west coast is dying because there is no culture of strength and excellence, wonder if it will ever come back.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    This. And correct.

I don’t know if I’ve changed or UW did but the fans were more passive and effeminate than I remember. Football on the west coast is dying because there is no culture of strength and excellence, wonder if it will ever come back.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,106
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Don’t people wear masks so those around them don’t get sick? I know. Huge fag.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    If you are sick stay home. Where do you think the air you breathe out goes? Does the mask absorb your air?

Don’t people wear masks so those around them don’t get sick? I know. Huge fag.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,116
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Take it to the Tug ya weirdos.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Alabama and Mississippi are bad at everything except football. Obviously west coast football culture is weak but I’m not sure it has anything to do with a culture of strength and excellence.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know what happened but Michigan somehow got 75% of the tickets and we don't get to buy them for some reason? Such bullshit and if it was just that we didn't buy him and then Washington fans need to wake the fuck up because that was pretty pathetic. I thought it was 60/40 but my friend went up to the seats in the upper deck and said it was more 75-25. Sucks.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    The timing couldn’t have been worse with the Seahawks becoming good during the Ty and Sark years
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Yeah felt 2/3 Mich. however highlighter yellow stands out in the shadows more than purple.

When Michigan was full volume it was louder than UW.

We didn’t have cheers that all the fans could or were engaging in. Somewhere in the last decade the “go huskies” cadence accelerated quite a bit which makes it less loud.

“Let’s go huskies clap clap clap clap clap” feels like a high school basketball cheer.

When dawgs got juiced it was definitely loud, but it’d be nice if we had more than just screaming.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

I don't know what happened but Michigan somehow got 75% of the tickets and we don't get to buy them for some reason? Such bullshit and if it was just that we didn't buy him and then Washington fans need to wake the fuck up because that was pretty pathetic. I thought it was 60/40 but my friend went up to the seats in the upper deck and said it was more 75-25. Sucks.

They had hours to confidently buy tickets to the game. Not saying that's the only reason but it sure helps. I mean while we were watching the sugar bowl they were buying tickets, finalizing plans, securing glory holes.
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

The timing couldn’t have been worse with the Seahawks becoming good during the Ty and Sark years

Even 20-25 years ago you had to be a borderline nerd to get in to UW. We need those retard 12s to maintain a fanbase.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That’s a blue blood crowd. UW has work to do to match the Michigan crowd.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don’t worry. Our tyee club booked the hotel across town so no one could see them in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 10
    There are a shit ton of Mich alums in Texas, same time zone. Easy to fly between metro areas.

The state of Texas even has UM license plates.

Unless in LA or LV UW will be shown up by blue bloods wherever they go.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,505
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yeah felt 2/3 Mich. however highlighter yellow stands out in the shadows more than purple.

When Michigan was full volume it was louder than UW.

We didn’t have cheers that all the fans could or were engaging in. Somewhere in the last decade the “go huskies” cadence accelerated quite a bit which makes it less loud.

“Let’s go huskies clap clap clap clap clap” feels like a high school basketball cheer.

When dawgs got juiced it was definitely loud, but it’d be nice if we had more than just screaming.

Agree. That's what I'm saying in the thread I started.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Even 20-25 years ago you had to be a borderline nerd to get in to UW. We need those retard 12s to maintain a fanbase.
    Almost 3.9 out 4 from OOS in the late 80's.