Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I went to the game and this is what I observed

13»

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

I don't know the time stamp, pretty certain there was more time, but I remember Pete opted to punt late in the Rose Bowl and I was beyond furious, but it somehow worked out with us getting it back, scoring and attempting an onside.

Have a feeling Jimmy was channeling that memory, but as someone pointed out, we would have had 20 seconds maybe.

Would have to look back at the time when Pete made that decision.

We punted with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts. Would have had a little over a minute if we stopped them, which we wouldn't have. Clown move bro. And then Cade and Jalen dropping chunk yardage plays right before that. Never forget. I think that sequence needs a proper, capitalized nickname. Never forget.
    Cade would’ve caught the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and McMillan was at the line of scrimmage. Those aren’t really chunk play opportunities.
    Considering time/score they actually weren’t damaging drops. Either gets completed and UW has to burn a timeout or run 20 seconds off the clock
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,995
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Doogles said:

I don't know the time stamp, pretty certain there was more time, but I remember Pete opted to punt late in the Rose Bowl and I was beyond furious, but it somehow worked out with us getting it back, scoring and attempting an onside.

Have a feeling Jimmy was channeling that memory, but as someone pointed out, we would have had 20 seconds maybe.

We punted with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts. Would have had a little over a minute if we stopped them, which we wouldn't have. Clown move bro. And then Cade and Jalen dropping chunk yardage plays right before that. Never forget. I think that sequence needs a proper, capitalized nickname. Never forget.
    Cade would’ve caught the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and McMillan was at the line of scrimmage. Those aren’t really chunk play opportunities.
    Something has gone terribly wrong with Otton. He looks slow, off balance and awkward a lot.

Is it Long Covid, perhaps?
    He got married
    Mick said it best. Women make you weak in the knees.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe Jimmy's thought process was they had a better chance of Oregon muffing the punt, the defense causing a fumble or Moorhead getting cute, trying to pass on third down and getting a pick than the offense going 90+ yards for a TD?

Quiet weird coaching thing was Jimmy forcing Oregon to punt at the end of the first half but then they sent no one after the punt when given how much time was left and where the ball was the only play for UW was to try and get a blocked punt. The way they set up there was probably a better chance the UW returner muffs it or fumbles and Oregon gets a TD or Oregon decides to throw a Hail Mary to the end zone.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Cristobal was shoving the ball down Lake’s throat.

Punting with under 2:00 to play down 8 was a fucking surrender. It’s not really up for discussion.

I feel like he was also shoving it up his ass…
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

wobidbus said:

There are a lot of likeable players on this team but the staff is failing them no doubt,

Halfway competent coaching this year with this soft schedule in this soft conference goes 10-2 and plays Utah for the title.

Just don’t forget what he goes home to. If nothing else, she’s skinny.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Houhusky said:

Otton needs to swallow his tough guy pride and wear the fucking state of the art sticky space gloves.

Also he has looked really slow for a

Before this year I couldn’t remember him dropping a pass. The offense is broken. He was a little overrated after his huge 4 games last year, but he’s a good TE on a shitty team that is very poorly coached. I’ve always said he’s an overrated blocker. Cato saying he could be the best in the country is so out of touch with reality.

I agree he should wear gloves. It makes it much easier to catch. He has great hands tho, despite the drop.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

In my mind Otton had nobody near him and could have easily rumbled for the first down. Video evidence may disagree.
  • Options
    2Z42Z4 Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I won't argue Lake is a good coach.

Him punting on 4th and 10 with 2 minutes left shows they watched 3 years of Oregon games and saw Mario and Co repeatedly crapping games away in that exact scenario. He played the odds - and lost. But the odds were good Mario and the crew would get stupid and lose it.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    2Z4 said:

I won't argue Lake is a good coach.

Him punting on 4th and 10 with 2 minutes left shows they watched 3 years of Oregon games and saw Mario and Co repeatedly crapping games away in that exact scenario. He played the odds - and lost. But the odds were good Mario and the crew would get stupid and lose it.

Who are you?

LEAVE!
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,486
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    is there any reasonable line of argument at all for punting with just 2 minutes left on 4 and 10 even with a timeout or two? I felt it was more like Lake didn't want to lose by too much. He was conceding the game! To the Dukcs!!
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

wobidbus said:

There are a lot of likeable players on this team but the staff is failing them no doubt,

Halfway competent coaching this year with this soft schedule in this soft conference goes 10-2 and plays Utah for the title.

solid comeback
    If the shoe fits...
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AOG said:

is there any reasonable line of argument at all for punting with just 2 minutes left on 4 and 10 even with a timeout or two? I felt it was more like Lake didn't want to lose by too much. He was conceding the game! To the Dukcs!!

I mean...your long snapper might chuck that ball right the fuck out the back of the endzone.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AOG said:

Puts the ball in your best player’s (porter’s) hands
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    wobidbus said:

1. It rained.
    2. Oregon clearly gives a shit about this rivalry and it is a rivalry even though I don't understand why they would think that.
    3. The crowd that was there wanted this game badly. The lunatic fringe are the people buying tickets and not selling them to Ducks, Jen, you dipshit.
    4. I counted two Go Huskies chants, my dad(s) thought there might have been a third that didn't take off.
    5. After the fucking decision to punt on 4th and 10 I looked at an organization that cares about winning and another that doesn't and I felt bad for the players that committed to UW with the goal of playing for PAC-12 championships and beyond and instead they are a part of a rudderless outfit that has no leadership and is wasting their talents. Fuck this AD.

I had this as the only starred post in my profile and I clicked to see WTF it was…… wow. I think this may have been when I broke.

Holy shit, how far we have come.

Kudos DJ for your fucking crystal ball 4th post in the thread. Damn.

What a fucking ride and I am so excited to witness one of the greatest chapters in Husky football.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

Cristobal was shoving the ball down Lake’s throat.

Punting with under 2:00 to play down 8 was a fucking surrender. It’s not really up for discussion.

I feel like he was also shoving it up his ass…

dtd said:

wobidbus said:

Just don’t forget what he goes home to. If nothing else, she’s skinny.
    It’s nice to see that my amazing pre-sabbatical posts were as ignored as my amazing post-sabbatical posts.

Nothings changed with me.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh wow, I forgot how pissed off I was that night. Who at the time would have thought this night was the night that our lord and savior St. Ruperake started UW on a collision course with Michigan for the title?