Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Two Way Too Early Thoughts on Michigan Game

Comments

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AOG said:

Michigan will come out running the ball a lot, and probably score a half dozen TDs, try to control time of poss. THe question is if Penix et al can have enough time to put points up there.

Quick, short passes will back them off. I'm more worried about the coaches than I am the players.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Off topic but holy fuckall, Texas must have the most fan podcasts of any team across all sports. There are multiple YouTube channels that have shows running all day. Not even the Yankees have something like that, that I'm aware of
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

The new talking point is that Michigan is "specifically built" to stop the Ohio St. offense, and by extension the UW offense.

Because Michigan has beaten Ohio St. in 2021, 2022, and 2023 they will beat UW.

I just think Penix is a better passer and competitor than Stroud and the Ohio St. guys.

Correct. The irony is that Ohio State's receiver room has been notoriously soft the last several years. Smith-Njigba basically opted out his entire last year and Egbuka basically did the same this year. He had five fucking catches his last year. Egbuka fucking quit.

When they fucking play Ohio State, it's also in near goddamn December in Ohio or mother fucking Michigan. Not exactly ideal conditions for dynamic downfield passing.

The 2021 OSU-Michigan game was a snowy mess. It was 30 degrees this year.

People are fucking retarded. The thing people have been missing all fucking year is Washington is fucking built for playing in a fucking dome. The goal was to just survive playing downfield football in a 40 degree rainstorm in Shitville, Oregon so they could get to the final 3 games in controlled, dome environments. No shit Penix and the WRs looked unstoppable last week. What the fuck did you expect?

Michigan was "built to stop" dynamic OSU's passing offense last year and still got fucking 50 put on them in a dome by a TCU team with a handicapped Ginger at QB and an alleged NFL receiver who would be taking Germie Bernard's spot on UW's roster.

Fuck off.

I'm counting ten fucks for the all-time HH record. Judges?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,177
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AEB said:

I cant stop thinking about this game. So excited. Listening to every pod, reading every article…especially those written by less technically gifted writers. I have two thoughts to share on our defense going into Monday.

First, people are conflating our UT defensive performance and strategy with that of our expected Michigan performance. While our defense is good not great, my view was our plan for UT was to contain the passing game… not to be beat by UT throwing. We made trade-offs and were willing to let Texas beat us running if they could. They couldn’t.

Which leads to the second thought: Michigan can’t beat us with their pass. Therefore, in first and second downs, our D could look more like a 5-2 with one extra big body like Tuitele/Bandes playing alongside Letuligasenoa and Ale with Trice and ZTF on the ends. We’ve got a decade of Harbaugh tape pushing our shit in, and this site specifically shat all over Kwats defensive strategy in those games - 2 DTs. Unlikely Morrell makes the same mistake.

I think the comp game is Oregon. Oregon team was really good. Nix was a dynamic QB but challenged in the vertical passing game. Oregon ran the ball well. In the CCG, we stoned them unexpectedly in the run game. I think this is similar with a less threatening offense particularly at WRs.

UW wins rather easily, say 34-17.

I think after Washington wins this game, it might become apparent that Oregon was the 2nd best team in the country.

No. If we win, Oregon is the one, true national champion.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The new talking point is that Michigan is "specifically built" to stop the Ohio St. offense, and by extension the UW offense.

I just think Penix is a better passer and competitor than Stroud and the Ohio St. guys.

And DeBoer >>>>>>>>> Day
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

AEB said:

I cant stop thinking about this game. So excited. Listening to every pod, reading every article…especially those written by less technically gifted writers. I have two thoughts to share on our defense going into Monday.

First, people are conflating our UT defensive performance and strategy with that of our expected Michigan performance. While our defense is good not great, my view was our plan for UT was to contain the passing game… not to be beat by UT throwing. We made trade-offs and were willing to let Texas beat us running if they could. They couldn’t.

Which leads to the second thought: Michigan can’t beat us with their pass. Therefore, in first and second downs, our D could look more like a 5-2 with one extra big body like Tuitele/Bandes playing alongside Letuligasenoa and Ale with Trice and ZTF on the ends. We’ve got a decade of Harbaugh tape pushing our shit in, and this site specifically shat all over Kwats defensive strategy in those games - 2 DTs. Unlikely Morrell makes the same mistake.

I think the comp game is Oregon. Oregon team was really good. Nix was a dynamic QB but challenged in the vertical passing game. Oregon ran the ball well. In the CCG, we stoned them unexpectedly in the run game. I think this is similar with a less threatening offense particularly at WRs.

UW wins rather easily, say 34-17.

I think after Washington wins this game, it might become apparent that Oregon was the 2nd best team in the country.

HANG THE BANNER
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @CallMeBigErn

0-5 right? 3 in a row against Lanbo and 2 against Sark?

Your pizza box is probably better than my stroked out brain at this point of the season
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

Your pizza box is probably better than my stroked out brain at this point of the season

But still.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,608
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 5
    dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

Sark lost to Azeem Victor and imploded with the fire of a thousand supernovae.
  • Options

dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 5
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

I'm intrigued by this sport game. I'd like to try it as long as there's not a bus nearby. I guess it could be worse. The bus could be moving.
  • Options

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

I'm intrigued by this sport game. I'd like to try it as long as there's not a bus nearby.
    It's a great drinking game sans bus or oncoming traffic
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

dannarc said:

@CallMeBigErn

I'm intrigued by this sport game. I'd like to try it as long as there's not a bus nearby.
    It's a great drinking game sans bus or oncoming traffic
    Got me before my edit. Ah, well, what can ya do. We both had the thought and that's what counts. That dude would be fucked on the interstate.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Correct. The irony is that Ohio State's receiver room has been notoriously soft the last several years. Smith-Njigba basically opted out his entire last year and Egbuka basically did the same this year. He had five fucking catches his last year. Egbuka fucking quit.

When they fucking play Ohio State, it's also in near goddamn December in Ohio or mother fucking Michigan. Not exactly ideal conditions for dynamic downfield passing.

The 2021 OSU-Michigan game was a snowy mess. It was 30 degrees this year.

People are fucking retarded. The thing people have been missing all fucking year is Washington is fucking built for playing in a fucking dome. The goal was to just survive playing downfield football in a 40 degree rainstorm in Shitville, Oregon so they could get to the final 3 games in controlled, dome environments. No shit Penix and the WRs looked unstoppable last week. What the fuck did you expect?

Michigan was "built to stop" dynamic OSU's passing offense last year and still got fucking 50 put on them in a dome by a TCU team with a handicapped Ginger at QB and an alleged NFL receiver who would be taking Germie Bernard's spot on UW's roster.

Fuck off.

Yeah, I think the Ohio St. guys are pussies but the recruiting/media industrial complex makes everyone think they are invincible. MHJ is a talented kid but Rome is actually better, just doesn't have the media profile.

Another thing is Ohio St.s offense is built on more of a short passing game than UW's.

What the national media don't get is that DB's are not used to covering multiple 30+ yard shots a game.

Stroud was not the strong-armed thrower that Penix is. Outside of accuracy they don't have a lot in common.