Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give Michigan their Roses

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

phineas said:

my concern is washington not being able to stop the run and not facing sark who you can count on not to lean on it enough

this. michigan running the ball, keeping uw offense off the field, uw offense cant get in rhythm.

flashbacks to the asu game.

if the defense can stop michigan running game then we? are champs.
    flashbacks to the ASU game where we looked like complete shit, everyone had the flu, starters were injured, and it hasn't been replicated since?

not concerned about a game like that, at all.

This is the UW squad that is healthy and beat Texas, who beat Bama at home. By 10.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Michigan appears to have one high level DB. Probably should shadow Odunze so Penix only has 2 NFL WRs left to pass to

pretty sure Jack will play in NFL and will be a better NFL player
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We had 3-4 unforced turnovers against ASU.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Feeling like we need the ball first and just hope they score and let Michigan start chasing points.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 4

Blake Corum's last 4 games.

Are you okay?
    Fuck, I knew I would screw up the calculations. Let me try again brb.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club
    Worried about Michigan sending 5 and 6 75% of the downs.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    Founders Club

Keep reading and hearing that Michigan was "built to stop Ohio State and its receivers." They managed to give up 9.1 yards per attempt to Kyle McCord at home in 30 degree weather. Had one of his best games of the year.

Last time they played a true spread 'em out team, TCU put 50 on them.

I don't see it with Michigan. I think Michigan is a lot like Washington in that no one has watched them play. This team ran for 1.9 yards per rush and threw for 4.9 yards per attempt in a dome in its conference title game. It needed Bama to piss down its leg to advance. Bama literally couldn't snap the ball for half the game.

It got outgained at home by an Ohio State team that wasn't its normal juggernaut self. McCarthy has regularly thrown for 140 yards. Penn State repeatedly stepped on its own dick in a game that remained competitive to the end.

Michigan is fine but people have slotted them as the Alabama/Georgia of this year because people need a team to occupy that role. In reality, Georgia was the Georgia of this year. Everybody got a little lucky they played a bad half against Alabama. Michigan is not Georgia.

I keep hearing about the relentless pass rush but they sacked Kyle McCord one time in that game. If they're so fucking dominant, why weren't they dominant against a bunch of teams that looked like total shit any time they went out of conference. Ohio State sucked shit against a Notre Dame team that ended up being pretty average the one real time they went out of conference then embarrassed themselves against Missouri.

Penn State did nothing and lost to a mediocre Ole Miss team.

Tennessee looked better against Iowa than Michigan did. Bowls don't tell as big a story as they once did, but none of these teams were worth a shit.

Yeah, UW's OL is a lot better than Alabama's. Michigan is not going to do shit to Penix IMO.

Compare the amount of pressure UT got on Alabama early in the year to what they put on Penix this week. UW handled a UT line that caused problems for everybody else.

What UW presents is a far greater challenge than anything Michigan is prepared for.

UW has a much better chance of blowing out Michigan than they did Texas.

phineas said:

my concern is washington not being able to stop the run and not facing sark who you can count on not to lean on it enough

this. michigan running the ball, keeping uw offense off the field, uw offense cant get in rhythm.

These are the two ways I'm thinking about this game. 75/25 respectively.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Keep reading and hearing that Michigan was "built to stop Ohio State and its receivers." They managed to give up 9.1 yards per attempt to Kyle McCord at home in 30 degree weather. Had one of his best games of the year.

Last time they played a true spread 'em out team, TCU put 50 on them.

I don't see it with Michigan. I think Michigan is a lot like Washington in that no one has watched them play. This team ran for 1.9 yards per rush and threw for 4.9 yards per attempt in a dome in its conference title game. It needed Bama to piss down its leg to advance. Bama literally couldn't snap the ball for half the game.

It got outgained at home by an Ohio State team that wasn't its normal juggernaut self. McCarthy has regularly thrown for 140 yards. Penn State repeatedly stepped on its own dick in a game that remained competitive to the end.

Michigan is fine but people have slotted them as the Alabama/Georgia of this year because people need a team to occupy that role. In reality, Georgia was the Georgia of this year. Everybody got a little lucky they played a bad half against Alabama. Michigan is not Georgia.

I keep hearing about the relentless pass rush but they sacked Kyle McCord one time in that game. If they're so fucking dominant, why weren't they dominant against a bunch of teams that looked like total shit any time they went out of conference. Ohio State sucked shit against a Notre Dame team that ended up being pretty average the one real time they went out of conference then embarrassed themselves against Missouri.

Penn State did nothing and lost to a mediocre Ole Miss team.

Tennessee looked better against Iowa than Michigan did. Bowls don't tell as big a story as they once did, but none of these teams were worth a shit.

Yeah, UW's OL is a lot better than Alabama's. Michigan is not going to do shit to Penix IMO.

Compare the amount of pressure UT got on Alabama early in the year to what they put on Penix this week. UW handled a UT line that caused problems for everybody else.

What UW presents is a far greater challenge than anything Michigan is prepared for.

UW has a much better chance of blowing out Michigan than they did Texas.

phineas said:

These are the two ways I'm thinking about this game. 75/25 respectively.

If Michigan makes us all look pukey, God help us.
  • Options
    BlueWeaselBlueWeasel Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This game has blowout written all over it.
    Go Blue!
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Time for the Dawgs to serve Michigan like they did to win their last Natty!
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

Go Blue!

If you're retarded
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Go Blue!

Yes, it does. Considering you appear to be a UM fan you seem fairly accepting of the asskicking you are about to receive.

BTW, do you remember when Ted Bundy watched Washington kick Michigan's ass in the Rose Bowl from a bar near Ann Arbor?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Qruel said:

Go Blue!

If you're retarded
    There's no "if" with @BlueWeasel .
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The B1G QB of the year and first team all conference was McCarthy. Corum was the first team RB. Harrison won offensive player of the year. Second team QB was Tagovaloia.

Michigan is going to play this like the Giants - Bills Superbowl and try to control the clock for 40 minutes to keep the high scoring offense on the bench and force them to press.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hope we all realize we are playing an Andrew Luck-less 2010 Stanford team, coached by some weirdo on his way to the NFL with a 4-7 bowl record who has benefited from playing jack shit for offenses and, in particular, competent passing offenses, all year long. It's laughable when you look at it. You think he's changed? Ha. Also, must be nice playing run defense against teams that can only run.

Granted, that 2010 Stanford team was solid. The game at Husky Stadium was the only time my dad left early in 30 years of season tickets and it was also his last year of season tickets. Jimmy and Andrew really did a number on the ol' man, Sark, and Husky Nation. It was a very low moment. I was fortunately not able to attend that affair and stayed dry. I shall never mention it again.

That same team got ass blasted by Chip Kelly. Their top 25 wins were Arizona and Virginia Tech, neither special. They had Andrew Luck. Having a superstar quarterback must be nice.

I truly don't think Michigan knows what's about to hit them. They have no frame of reference, man. The defense they will have to play will be completely unfamiliar and truly prepping for it in a practice or a walk-through or two? Good luck. Pete K had a month and couldn't stop it.

Honestly don't know if they have the pure talent of that 2010 Stanford team, especially if you factor in Luck. I think they're deep and lack weaknesses though and play together really well with veterans. That Stanford team was young.