Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Give Michigan their Roses

CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Thoughts on what concerns you or what interesting matchups you see in the game. Flex your football brain more a minute.

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Detroitards. This is your opportunity
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think we will have trouble running the ball but I don’t think we’ll really need to

This is true.

Only hope for Michigan is controlling the clock with their own running game which they will actually try to do.

They’re not going to go Sarktarded and try to outshoot you.
    This

Harbaugh loves to run

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 3
    It's hard to judge how great they really are from their playoff game. Alabama was kind of a mess (so were they at times) and still had them in the 4th quarter.

Really hoping that like Texas, their defense is overrated. As PGOS stated, if they haven't played better than a top 40 offense then you can't really say that their defense is better than what UW just carved up.

What they did to Penn St worries me. UW will try to force McCarthy to beat them and I hope like everyone else this year, including Oregon/Utah/Texas, they will get spooked and think they have to throw it to keep up with the scoring.

The weather forecast has worried as well, but hopefully it isn't a cold rain + a shit ton of wind like in PNW.
  • Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m the most worried about Michigan’s O-line vs our D-line.

On the other side of the ball, you come out just fucking slinging it. 2019 LSU offensive game plan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

It's hard to judge how great they really are from their playoff game. Alabama was kind of a mess (so were they at times) and still had them in the 4th quarter.

Really hoping that like Texas, their defense is overrated. As PGOS stated, if they haven't played better than a top 40 offense then you can't really say that their defense is better than what UW just carved up.

What they did to Penn St worries me. UW will try to force McCarthy to beat them and I hope like everyone else this year, including Oregon/Utah/Texas, they will get spooked and think they have to throw it to keep up with the scoring.

The weather forecast has worried as well, but hopefully it isn't a cold rain + a shit ton of wind like in PNW.

Why would weather matter in a closed stadium? Or is this a whoosh?
    It's a closed stadium?!

Never bothered to look it up.

Give us the 👑 then.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,993
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only matchup that matters is Michigan's d-line vs our O-line in pass protection. If Penix has time he will pick them apart and we win.

I watched both games. From a small sample mich has better athletes on the DL where TX had a couple of space eaters. Might be easier to run between the tackles against mich… pass pro really more important though as I think a one dimensional offense can win this one against a shitty um offense.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,076
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Why would weather matter in a closed stadium? Or is this a whoosh?
    It's a closed stadium?!

Never bothered to look it up.

Give us the 👑 then.
    It's retractable.
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Watched them play in Nebraska this year. I didn't learn shit because the Huskers suck and the game put me to sleep. With that said, seems like a typical Harbaugh team. Run the ball all day if it's working. Dawgs need to sell out to stop that shit. Just look at Michigan's schedule and the offenses they've played... it is not impressive. You can say OSU is talented, but every game of theirs I have watched made me want to gouge my eyes out watching them on offense. Michigan has not played anyone close to UW's offense.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

huh?
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 3
    Canadawg said:

Thoughts on what concerns you or what interesting matchups you see in the game. Flex your football brain more a minute.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

huh?
    If they rush for 230 at 5 yards/c we are fucked.