Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm having trouble coming to grips

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
with the fact that we're 4 quarters away from the opportunity to negate everything that's happened since college football was invented in 1994. I doesn't seem real and yet here we are.

The mood in Eugene at present...

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 3
    I feel the same. We won and I’m happy we won but *what* have we won? What gets me more excited is knowing we have a coach who wins, a football program that’s improved their NIL over time and a president who seems to think AND care. That is a foundation for sustained high levels of success and not whatever TCU did last year.

I don’t think they’re dumb enough to let Deboer go, but if Michigan opens up and they still keep him, that would do it for me in terms of believing in their commitment
  • Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

We have to win this. This is it. Just one more game, and we'll win a fucking national championship.

I started watching the Huskies during the Lambright years. All I ever fucking hear from older fans is how awesome the 1991 team was. How awesome it was they won the natty. Emtman this, Mario Bailey that. Blah blah blah, Don James. Truthfully, I love hearing about it. But I want to experience a championship with my fully-developed adult brain. Let's fucking do this.

Definitely in this boat. The Iowa Rose Bowl was when I first really became interested. I was like 9 and didn’t know the nuances or understand how truly special it was. UW proceeded to win a lot for a few more years and I just took that for granted as a kid who didn’t know anything else. I have clear memories of that team and know that nothing will ever be quite as good as when you were a kid, but definitely want that experience as someone with an almost fully formed brain.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    haie said:

What's already happened is that the program is the healthiest it's been in years, has been configured to benefit from modern college football rules and the changes in TP and NIL, and has collected a new generation of fans that Petersen couldn't get.

103-11 already won the Forever Pac 12 trophy and now has a chance to win the B1G all in the same year. Fuck Blue

Completely agree.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,557
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

with the fact that we're 4 quarters away from the opportunity to negate everything that's happened since college football was invented in 1994 the ass fucking the jealous PAC-10 and feeble NCAA put to UW following that glorious 1991 season. It doesn't seem real and yet here we are.

The mood in Eugene and LA at present...

Edited for true context. :wink:
    Oh the irony...

Your Natty winning QB getting a 50K loan to buy a shitty @BleachedAnusDawg IROC Z seems so quaint and innocent now a days.

Those old IROC's now sell for more money than they should have any right to, IMO, but they were good looking for the era. Definitely cooler than a shitty 5.0 Fox Body. I would not drive any Camaro built between 1973 and 2015, though. The OG was the best era even if they're slow turds by modern standards.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

with the fact that we're 4 quarters away from the opportunity to negate everything that's happened since college football was invented in 1994 the ass fucking the jealous PAC-10 and feeble NCAA put to UW following that glorious 1991 season. It doesn't seem real and yet here we are.

Oh the irony...

Your Natty winning QB getting a 50K loan to buy a shitty @BleachedAnusDawg IROC Z seems so quaint and innocent now a days.

Those old IROC's now sell for more money than they should have any right to, IMO, but they were good looking for the era. Definitely cooler than a shitty 5.0 Fox Body. I would not drive any Camaro built between 1973 and 2015, though. The OG was the best era even if they're slow turds by modern standards.
    My Daddy drove an 1967 Z28 his Jr/Sr year at UW.

His daddy was a Chevy dealer, but still.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 3

We have to win this. This is it. Just one more game, and we'll win a fucking national championship.

I started watching the Huskies during the Lambright years. All I ever fucking hear from older fans is how awesome the 1991 team was. How awesome it was they won the natty. Emtman this, Mario Bailey that. Blah blah blah, Don James. Truthfully, I love hearing about it. But I want to experience a championship with my fully-developed adult brain. Let's fucking do this.

Definitely in this boat. The Iowa Rose Bowl was when I first really became interested. I was like 9 and didn’t know the nuances or understand how truly special it was. UW proceeded to win a lot for a few more years and I just took that for granted as a kid who didn’t know anything else. I have clear memories of that team and know that nothing will ever be quite as good as when you were a kid, but definitely want that experience as someone with an almost fully formed brain.
    #metoo

First game I ever watched was losing the nattie to ucla in 1990. For whatever reason something clicked and I became an addict. Lambo years were tough. Cauce is the football president we needed all along. Let Jen walk just like Woodward gladly let sark 'slip away'. Everything has turned to gold recently.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Oh the irony...

Serious question, a 302 powered Z28?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 3

Oh the irony...

Serious question, a 302 powered Z28?
    Correct. They only made like 600 of 'em in 1967.

He should have found a way to keep the car.

His prior ride was a 1966 Chevelle SS with a 396. Bench seats with 4 speed manual.