Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm having trouble coming to grips

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

I feel the same. We won and I’m happy we won but *what* have we won? What gets me more excited is knowing we have a coach who wins, a football program that’s improved their NIL over time and a president who seems to think AND care. That is a foundation for sustained high levels of success and not whatever TCU did last year.

I don’t think they’re dumb enough to let Deboer go, but if Michigan opens up and they still keep him, that would do it for me in terms of believing in their commitment

DeBoer is staying at UW or going to the NFL. I think the NFL could happen in 2-3 seasons, but he'd be smart to bank $25 mil or more from a massive UW contract before taking an NFL pay cut.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,195
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We have to win this. This is it. Just one more game, and we'll win a fucking national championship.

I started watching the Huskies during the Lambright years. All I ever fucking hear from older fans is how awesome the 1991 team was. How awesome it was they won the natty. Emtman this, Mario Bailey that. Blah blah blah, Don James. Truthfully, I love hearing about it. But I want to experience a championship with my fully-developed adult brain. Let's fucking do this.

I'm about to type heresy. DeBoer might be as good as or better than Don James. Time will tell. Among the things that really separated James from many other coaches were his ability to adapt, his attention to detail, an incredible work ethic, personal accountability, his ability to coach the coaches, and the respect he garnered from players, coaches, even Presidents of the United States (R.I.P. Ronnie). DeBoer has a lot of that going on. Regardless, if DeBoer sticks around, and UW isn't thunderfucked by a jealous conference, we're all in for a helluva ride. Cheers young Dawg.
    It is a well-established Iron Law that Don James gets worse the further away we get from his tenure at UW. Race wanted him fired in Year 3, despite a Rose Bowl win.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,241
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

with the fact that we're 4 quarters away from the opportunity to negate everything that's happened since college football was invented in 1994 the ass fucking the jealous PAC-10 and feeble NCAA put to UW following that glorious 1991 season. It doesn't seem real and yet here we are.

The mood in Eugene and LA at present...

Edited for true context. :wink:
    Oh the irony...

Your Natty winning QB getting a 50K loan to buy a shitty @BleachedAnusDawg IROC Z seems so quaint and innocent now a days.

Those old IROC's now sell for more money than they should have any right to, IMO, but they were good looking for the era. Definitely cooler than a shitty 5.0 Fox Body. I would not drive any Camaro built between 1973 and 2015, though. The OG was the best era even if they're slow turds by modern standards.
    My Daddy drove an 1967 Z28 his Jr/Sr year at UW.

His daddy was a Chevy dealer, but still.
    Serious question, a 302 powered Z28?
    Correct. They only made like 600 of 'em in 1967.

He should have found a way to keep the car.

His prior ride was a 1966 Chevelle SS with a 396. Bench seats with 4 speed manual.
    Great taste in muscle cars! Cheers!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,217
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

with the fact that we're 4 quarters away from the opportunity to negate everything that's happened since college football was invented in 1994 the ass fucking the jealous PAC-10 and feeble NCAA put to UW following that glorious 1991 season. It doesn't seem real and yet here we are.

Oh the irony...

Your Natty winning QB getting a 50K loan to buy a shitty @BleachedAnusDawg IROC Z seems so quaint and innocent now a days.

Those old IROC's now sell for more money than they should have any right to, IMO, but they were good looking for the era. Definitely cooler than a shitty 5.0 Fox Body. I would not drive any Camaro built between 1973 and 2015, though. The OG was the best era even if they're slow turds by modern standards.

His prior ride was a 1966 Chevelle SS with a 396. Bench seats with 4 speed manual.
    I've never driven a muscle or sports car in my life. Sad.

But the tech has changed so much over the year that I think our Audi mommy wagon is faster than almost any 60s muscle car.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

We have to win this. This is it. Just one more game, and we'll win a fucking national championship.

I started watching the Huskies during the Lambright years. All I ever fucking hear from older fans is how awesome the 1991 team was. How awesome it was they won the natty. Emtman this, Mario Bailey that. Blah blah blah, Don James. Truthfully, I love hearing about it. But I want to experience a championship with my fully-developed adult brain. Let's fucking do this.

I'm about to type heresy. DeBoer might be as good as or better than Don James. Time will tell. Among the things that really separated James from many other coaches were his ability to adapt, his attention to detail, an incredible work ethic, personal accountability, his ability to coach the coaches, and the respect he garnered from players, coaches, even Presidents of the United States (R.I.P. Ronnie). DeBoer has a lot of that going on. Regardless, if DeBoer sticks around, and UW isn't thunderfucked by a jealous conference, we're all in for a helluva ride. Cheers young Dawg.
    It is a well-established Iron Law that Don James gets worse the further away we get from his tenure at UW. Race wanted him fired in Year 3, despite a Rose Bowl win.
    That was not to take away from Don James. He was one of the greatest college football coaches of all time. It was a compliment to DeBoer who has so far been exceptional. It's only his second season as HC of a P5 program, so we'll see how he fares going forward, but all signs are he has a very high floor and maybe a nearly non-existent ceiling.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

MelloDawg said:

That was not to take away from Don James. He was one of the greatest college football coaches of all time. It was a compliment to DeBoer who has so far been exceptional. It's only his second season as HC of a P5 program, so we'll see how he fares going forward, but all signs are he has a very high floor and maybe a nearly non-existent ceiling.
    If we beat Michigan, DeBoer will have completed the greatest head coaching achievement in the past 40 years of college football and it's not really close. Dabo took a lot longer to get Clempson over the hump.
    Also with the whole 4/5 star ratio thing, dude pretty much nickled and dimed a naty
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

MelloDawg said:

If we beat Michigan, DeBoer will have completed the greatest head coaching achievement in the past 40 years of college football and it's not really close. Dabo took a lot longer to get Clempson over the hump.
    Also with the whole 4/5 star ratio thing, dude pretty much nickled and dimed a naty
    Ultimate money ball coaching jerb of all time IF we win.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

MelloDawg said:

Or employed the ultimate workaround. Portal transfers who have actually shown their worth at the college level. Penix has to be worth at least 10 stars, no?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Oh the irony...

But the tech has changed so much over the year that I think our Audi mommy wagon is faster than almost any 60s muscle car.
    Completely different experiences. The Mommy car doesn't shake at idle with a lumpy cam, smell of half-burned gasoline, twist when you hit the gas, etc.

It is somewhat surprising to hear you've never driven any kind of muscle car or sports car. Not sure how anyone can go through life, where you spend xx number of years sitting in a car, and just stick with the experience of driving the equivalent of a washing machine.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh the irony...

Completely different experiences. The Mommy car doesn't shake at idle with a lumpy cam, smell of half-burned gasoline, twist when you hit the gas, etc.

It is somewhat surprising to hear you've never driven any kind of muscle car or sports car. Not sure how anyone can go through life, where you spend xx number of years sitting in a car, and just stick with the experience of driving the equivalent of a washing machine.
    Bad timing. Papa Yellar was a Chevy dealer from '81 to '88 and then Shitty Dodge from '89 to '91. He drove only shitty 80's Vettes in the 80's and then a series of Porsches from '89 to '92- i.e., 944, 928 and then 911 Carrera 4. The last Porsche went away when I was 15 and didn't have a learners permit yet.

Fast forward to college and I'm not a gear head and didn't have any gear head frens either. I needed 4WD trucks and SUV's for my mountain man, Pup-esque lifestyle. And I'm only upper middle-class rich and never had the coin to buy a fancy new sports or muscle car. Sad.
  • Options
    houseofpain247houseofpain247 Member Posts: 153
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Standard Supporter

I was just talking to my brother about this. I think longevity is the only thing the Dawgfather has on KDB....when we win on Monday. If KDB can have sustained results similar he'll be past the Dawgfather in 3 more years.

And, I have seen ZERO evidence that KDB is about to slow down.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Oh the irony...

Bad timing. Papa Yellar was a Chevy dealer from '81 to '88 and then Shitty Dodge from '89 to '91. He drove only shitty 80's Vettes in the 80's and then a series of Porsches from '89 to '92- i.e., 944, 928 and then 911 Carrera 4. The last Porsche went away when I was 15 and didn't have a learners permit yet.

Fast forward to college and I'm not a gear head and didn't have any gear head frens either. I needed 4WD trucks and SUV's for my mountain man, Pup-esque lifestyle. And I'm only upper middle-class rich and never had the coin to buy a fancy new sports or muscle car. Sad.
    I am solidly upper middle-class with a stay at home wife (who does have a very part-time remote gig) and a mortgage, blah blah. Muscle cars aren't that expensive unless you want the king kong versions with 800 hp.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Oh the irony...

You called?

Actually your Audi would take the Camaro. It sounds awesome and will chirp the tires hitting second but really isn’t that fast.

I’ll take my chances with the Z tho. It’s a freak show.

Fuck yeah.