Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst offense in the Pac-12?

Why was the offense still so vanilla in the first meaningful game of the season?

We looked like we had 3 plays: RB up the gut for 2 yards, drop back for deep throw out of bounds/scramble for loss, and fake punt.

Stanford was blitzing Miles all fucking game and we never burned them for it once.

I miss Jack H Lockner.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Myles got rattled. First good defense he has seen as a starter.

Still, that's no excuse and you are right on about not being able to exploit the blitz. O-line didn't do us many favors, and we couldn't really match up physically. This team needs another long off-season on the weights and perhaps a visit with Dr. Feelgood is in order.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014

We looked like we had 3 plays: RB up the gut for 2 yards, drop back for deep throw out of bounds/scramble for loss, and fake punt.

Miles has a crappy arm, receivers can't get separation... and well quite frankly, can you name one NFL player on our roster right now (other than maybe John Ross)?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

So glad Sark passed on Sefo...

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Miles has a crappy arm, receivers can't get separation... and well quite frankly, can you name one NFL player on our roster right now (other than maybe John Ross)?
    I like to think we need NFL players to have a decent offense. I like to do that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

the receivers are not the problem dude, and many of them were running wide open while Miles ran laterally and threw the ball away
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

the receivers are not the problem dude, and many of them were running wide open while Miles ran laterally and threw the ball away
    Somehow I missed all those wide open receivers you were talking about while watching the game...
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,504
    Founders Club

Somehow I missed all those wide open receivers you were talking about while watching the game...
    That's because it only happened a couple times.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The announcers were even commenting on it
  • Options

I like to think we need NFL players to have a decent offense. I like to do that.
    I like to say having talented NFL caliber players on a team isn't important. I like to do that.
  • Options

If your QB needs the WRs to have 10 yards of separation to consider them "open", your QB sucks.
    Of course the QB sucks, everything on offense sucks right now, HTH.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Maybe not NFL players, but you need good college players, and we don't seem to have many of those either.
  • Options
    Founders Club

If your QB needs the WRs to have 10 yards of separation to consider them "open", your QB sucks.
    Mostly the playcalling, followed by the QB play
  • Options
    Founders Club

Give me a break. The coaches made some bad calls, but it doesn't matter what play you call when your OL can't block and your QB can't throw. Unfortunately, the answer appears to be a shit filled abundance stew. There is plenty of blame to go around.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I like to say having talented NFL caliber players on a team isn't important. I like to do that.
    I like to be a passive aggressive elitist poster. I do that.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Id be interested in finding out theres a worse offense in the nation, fuck the pac 12. I would need some concrete evidence proving that anything could be as depressing as what I witnessed yesterday
  • Options
    Founders Club

Give me a break. The coaches made some bad calls, but it doesn't matter what play you call when your OL can't block and your QB can't throw. Unfortunately, the answer appears to be a shit filled abundance stew. There is plenty of blame to go around.
    Dude, Fremont is right. It looked like we had a maximum 5 plays in our offense.

It was some of the most predictable shit I've ever seen